IGNORED

Cup Final In Rome

I'm absolutely stoked about being in the final, but now it poses a big problem for me. I'm visiting family in Wirral in May and plan to see the home game against West Ham. Havn't been to Goodison since 1970 so I'm really looking forward to it!

Problem is, I have booked a coach-tour in Europe for end of May/June and it turns out the wife and I are in Rome on the BIG DAY! What to do?

Do any blues know of anywhere in Rome that will show the game? My wife (an Aussie - poor thing) puts up with my blue fetish with a smile and would love to see the game too, so a nicer place than a real dive would be preferable. What time in Rome would be KO time?

Any info about Rome and KO time would be REALLY appreciated! COYB!!!!!!!!!!

I'm led to believe there's a really wide screen TV in the Vatican, I'm sure the Pope will be watching.

Just turn up at that great big front door, with a couple of bottles of good red, and some kind of Italian nibbles, and if you can just get by those guys in dresses on the door you'll have a great time!

....if you can just get by those guys in dresses on the door you'll have a great time!

That's no problem 250, they're all Swiss so just wave a big (or small) stick at them and they'll declare neutrality :P .

Then simply walk in, shout "Down with condoms!" and you're sorted :) .

Kick off I would guess to be at either 2pm or 4pm Rome time (just keep your watch on UK time and you'll know when 3pm comes).

As for a venue I remember being there and watching Man Utd v EFC (1st game of the season when Rooney departed) at some bar just north of the colluseum. Dont have address but managed to find a bar and didnt know where I was going at the time.

I saw a few bars that showed football but the game I saw was on a Sunday and therefore was more difficult but on a Saturday you'll have no probs.

I noticed a couple of UK and/or Irish bars too and they will surely show it (I believe one of them was on Via Nazionale) but I could be wrong.

Just ask and they will help you. If you say youre from Liverpool you may get a funny look but as soon as you tell them you support Everton and hate the R/S they will love you and look after you.

Edited by Maghull70

Kick off I would guess to be at either 2pm or 4pm Rome time (just keep your watch on UK time and you'll know when 3pm comes).

As for a venue I remember being there and watching Man Utd v EFC (1st game of the season when Rooney departed) at some bar just north of the colluseum. Dont have address but managed to find a bar and didnt know where I was going at the time.

I saw a few bars that showed football but the game I saw was on a Sunday and therefore was more difficult but on a Saturday you'll have no probs.

I noticed a couple of UK and/or Irish bars too and they will surely show it (I believe one of them was on Via Nazionale) but I could be wrong.

Just ask and they will help you. If you say youre from Liverpool you may get a funny look but as soon as you tell them you support Everton and hate the R/S they will love you and look after you.

Thanks for the info guys!

I Googled and found Finnegan's Bar near the Coliseum as suggested. They are the local hang-out for ex-pats and show all the UK games.

Thanks again!! COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Oztoffee