IGNORED

Talking To The Enemy

jamiemaher85

After a 2 game absence (sorry about that, been a bit busy!) the Talking To The Enemy section makes a triumphant return. This games interview has been taken with the good people at www.theshedend.com.

Enjoy

1) Is the Premier League still attainable, and what for you would represent a succesful season at this stage of the year?

Geezer: Realistically we're dependant on others throwing it away. 1st would be fantastic, 2nd would be pretty amazing seeing the turmoil we were in during Scolari's last couple of months

Coco: NO - 2nd

Abramovich: In theory, we can still win the league, but it's very unlikely.

Gullit4: first, to not finish lower than where we are now (3rd), but a trophy would be fantastic.

2) You struggled for consistancy after a strong start to the campaign. Is Scolari solely to blame?

Geezer: The players need to take their full share of the blame. Many appeared to throw their toys out of the pram but Hiddink seems to have got them back on board again

Coco: We only started so well because we had a favourable fixture list for the first 2 months, and yes I blame LFS.

Abramovich: Players obviously have to shoulder part of the blame, but you can tell by how different the same set of players perform under different managers that Big Phil was the main reason behind our poor form.

Gullit4: not solely to blame, one or two players were unprofessional I think, and he was a little unlucky with injuries... but he was certainly the biggest factor in his own demise. nice guy though, wish him well.

3) Hiddink has been a clear success in his short time at the club. Which would you prefer, Hiddink to stay but no trophies, or to simply win a trophy and wave goodbye to Hiddink?

Geezer: A toughie but winning trophies is what it's all about so that's the one for me

Coco: Easy question - Hiddink to stay but no trophies.

Abramovich: I'd prefer Hiddink to stay on, even if it means we win nothing this season. When he replaced Scolari we were in real danger of missing out on the CL place and now we're still in contention for three trophies.Guus is an exceptional manager and the team is obviously behind him.

Gullit4: I could never ever turn down trophies, certainly not the fa cup never mind the small chance of the champions league. so I'd wave goodbye to guus... but I'd hate that choice, because he's a fantastic manager and if he stayed we'd have a great chance to win the league next season.

4) Who do you feel is the man most apt to fill the managerial role?

Geezer: I'll answer this in two parts a) I'm pretty sure Ancelotti wil be here next season b ) I would prefer Hiddink

Coco: Heart says Guus, head says Ancelotti

Abramovich: If not Hiddink, then probably Ancelotti or Rijkaard.

Gullit4: most apt? guus. ancelotti is good but there is no telling what would happen if he came here

5) Jose has been linked by the press to the Manchester United job when SAF finally packs it in, he was also briefly mentioned for the Liverpool job. What would your feelings be if he ever took these jobs?

Geezer: I fully expect Jose to go to Old Trafford eventually though it appears he has competition from your man. How would I feel? If he went to Liverpool I'd personally kill him rather than let those gits start winning titles again. Jose at OT would be easier for me but realistically all I care about is who is running our team, Jose is history now.

Coco: Why would he take a step backwards is what I think.

Abramovich: Hope it won't happen, can't imagine Jose in charge of MU., let alone Liverpool.

Gullit4: would hate it if he went to either club. would be very difficult to see.

6) What are your views on Everton's season?

Geezer: David Moyes has done a fantastic job at Everton with extremely limited resources. I was always impressed with him when he was at Preston and it's only a matter of time before he wins something, whether it's with you guys remains to be seen

Coco: Pleased to see the Toffees doing so well this season, I think you need a big win or 2 over some of the big guns, you certainly have a chance of winning silverware this season, and if it wasnt us you were playing, I'd be cheering you on

Abramovich: I think Everton have done quite well considering the modest resources at their disposal. Have a lot of respect for Moyes, top professional and a decent man.

Gullit4: strong season- were unlucky to start with so many injuries, that is the biggest reason why you were unable to push arsenal for fourth. you're building well though- figured how to cope without carsley, and the younger players are closer to being truly viable options. great cup run.

7) What are your predictions for the game, and what are your predictions for the final?

Geezer: Tomorrow will be no more than one goal in it and even a draw wouldn't surprise me given the three manic games we had last week. The final will depend very much on whether we've made the CL final. If we reach that you will have a better chance, if we don't make it I expect ius to take it out on you guys

Coco: Lets hope the game is as good as the game against your good friends at Anfield last week. If we perform you'll lose, if we dont, you could grab it.

Abramovich: Hope to win both but it'll be tough. Everton are well organized team, brimming with confidence after beating mancs in the semis and are in a top form in the league

Gullit4: the game tomorrow? think we owe you for the 1-1 last season. we should have been out of sight. the final? as long as we win I don't care. these games are not for neutrals, people forget that.

All the best either way.

Edited by jamiemaher85