IGNORED

Everton's Finances

The Guardian has been running pieces this week about finances in football and debts attatched to each club. Today they have run a break down of the finances and debt owed by each Prem club.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ju...ier-league-debt

The Link will show you every club, but for quick reference here is ours:-

Everton

Accounts for the year to 31 May 2008

Ownership Shares in the Everton Football Club Company Limited are owned by:

Bill Kenwright 25%

Jon Woods 19%

Robert Earl (resident of Florida) 23%

Turnover £76m (up from £51m the previous year, an increase of 50.1%)

Gate and match-day £20.5m

TV and broadcasting £46.6m

Other commercial activities £8.9m

Wage bill £44.5m (up from £38.4m the previous year, an increase of 16%)

Wages as proportion of turnover 59%

Profit before tax £26,000

Debts £39m

Interest payable £3.9m

Highest paid director Keith Wyness: £470,000

State they're in Two remarkable seasons for David Moyes' team, finishing fifth twice in succession, and a significantly improved financial picture, put fresh doubt on the need for Everton to move to the new stadium being controversially planned at Kirkby. The club ensured that players' wages did not gobble up the booming increase in TV money, and Everton turned over £76m, a £25m increase. Kirkby, which many fans oppose, is projected optimistically to be worth only another £6m annually, and even within the club, some may be quietly relieved if the government ultimately refuses permission for the scheme.

Edited by jamiemaher85

Newcastle's Loss before tax is a joke...how have they fucked that up lol Chelski's is still horrendous.

Aresnal on the other hand make £36.7m before tax and have a gate income of £95m...mental! (I know United's are bigger but the stadium obviously has a huge factor)

Nice to see the shite not displaying all their info...bet they're embarrassed with gate receipts and wage bills :lol:

Looking at the basic figures things dont look to bad.... ok were not swimming in money and our commercial / match day earnings are a bit............ butthings seem to be going in the right direction.........

Just highlights how much we need to improve off the field to even start to compete on it...

The biggest and best way to improve off the field is to build a new stadium and that's why Kirkby is great as we aren't paying for most of it. It will improve overall gate receipts and also we will have more corporate boxes which is were the money is made.

The biggest and best way to improve off the field is to build a new stadium and that's why Kirkby is great as we aren't paying for most of it. It will improve overall gate receipts and also we will have more corporate boxes which is were the money is made.

But Kirkby would only add another 6m per year and thats only if we could fill the stadium. Which we wont, because if we pump the money into the stadium then squad will be affected, and if we don't keep bolstering the squad our competition in the league will fall away, and with that so will some of our audiences.

We obviously need to expand the off the field aspect of the squad. Kirby is not the answer for me.

Every other post by Adpom is about the new stadium! ;)

I'm with Jamie here (quelle surprise!), modern facilities are needed but Kirkby isn't the answer. By the way Everton are paying for the stadium themselves, nobody is helping with the cost of the stadium. The stadium will cost £78million and Everton are paying for that. Knowsley are providing land and Tesco are building a store nearby.

no one will buy us till we have a new stadium. As it will cost probably 200-300 mil to buy it then another 400m for the stadium(after you brought an found the land, of which there isnt any) an thats before the person spends on players.

Other then Kirby name 1 viable option an not the made up one by keioc one that has no money figures 2 it.

Guest efctaxi

Knock Goodison down , build a bigger Goodison , and share Anfield during the build .

Knock Anfield down , build a bigger Anfield , and share Goodison during the build .

Both clubs get new grounds , noone has to move , everyone happy :)

no one will buy us till we have a new stadium. As it will cost probably 200-300 mil to buy it then another 400m for the stadium(after you brought an found the land, of which there isnt any) an thats before the person spends on players.

Other then Kirby name 1 viable option an not the made up one by keioc one that has no money figures 2 it.

i see somebody read the brochure! and believed every word!

To buy Everton out right i imagine its going to cost between 200-300 million, then you got to build a new stadium which will cost around 300-400 million to build once you brought the land, paid off any people who's house you need to knock down an build the infrastructure around it. so thats 500+mil you spent before you paid off debt an then started spending on the team.

The fact is that these Billionaire want instant sucess, they don't want to be messing around building stadiums. Look at liverpool, there stadium stop being built because the owners can't afford it anymore or can't be arsed building it because it cost to much money.

Having a new stadium makes Everton look better. The billionaire will look an think, well i only need 200-300 mil to buy the team then i can spend on the team

So why have numerous people bought out Pompey in the last few years? Why have City had two huge takeovers in as many years when they dont even own there own stadium?

For me Kirby isn't a viable option because we would lose fans going to the game rather than attract more and fill a bigger stadium. The Kings Dock is an area well known about to many people and that is one that I would have favoured. It would be better for the club if we expect to attain strong crowds in a new stadia. Remember that we dont fill Goodison week in week out, why the hell would we fill out a bigger stadium in an area that a large majority do not want the club to move to.

Oh and by the way, I am not affiliated with KEIOC and have come to these opinions on my own.

I know we blame the euro ban on our club not progressing at a rate that would 'probably' have seen us sitting pretty financially for many years, but we didn't half miss a trick in not getting Kings dock. That would have made us an extremely attractive club for investors and transfers funds would have been aplenty.

Oh well eh.

Just picking up on the Kings dock, I think we would have 'generated' more fans, added to the fact that the stadium would be more accessible for existing fans. There is alot of Kudos created getting a new stadium which does strangely enough influence people to go to the match. Look at Arsenal, they had a tight old stadium with less or similar capacity to us and similar attendances (not always sell outs). They get a new stadium in a fashionable part of islington, now all the fans who wouldn't be seen going to highbury are enjoying a nice day out at the emirates (pretty much like the new age of Chelsea fans who had never seen a match till Chelsea became 'rich' and trendy)

Man City have a 25 year deal with Manchester an pay a little over the rent value each year for loan of the stadium, so they don't require another stadium for 25 years an then they will probably just renew the deal. They also have a big following an that makes them an attrive propstion for a billionaire.

as for Portsmouth, tbh i have no idea, how or why they been brought twice in the space of a few years.

Kings dock would have been amazing, went past the echo arena the otherday an thought how nice it would have been for Everton to be there. Shame we couldn't afford it.

The kings dock was never going to happen... I don't blame LCC completely as I don't believe we could have ever ever found the money anyway.... Would have been nice but don't forget "Goodison for Everton" every time the club tries something the supporters stand in their way...... I wonder how much influence the split in fans has on potential investors buying our club...

For me we need someone to buy the club so we can build a stadium, not build a stadium so we can attract investors.

An i wish someone would.

Aparently theres a 40bil Qatar consortium wanting to buy us this summer, but if that happens i'd be amazed

Look at Arsenal, they had a tight old stadium with less or similar capacity to us and similar attendances (not always sell outs). They get a new stadium in a fashionable part of islington, now all the fans who wouldn't be seen going to highbury are enjoying a nice day out at the emirates (pretty much like the new age of Chelsea fans who had never seen a match till Chelsea became 'rich' and trendy)

Arsenal were selling out and had a waiting list for season tickets when at Highbury. Emirates is about 500metres away from Highbury and the site was formerly a dump - literally. :)

Have a read of this about GFE and King's Dock:

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/07-08/comm...bmissionID=1300

The Qatari links seem to be ongoing.. also I have heard there has been at least one company who have been interested in building a stadium and renting it back to Everton - I imagine it would be a similar deal to City of Manchester stadium as that is only rented. The downfall is that it could end up a replay of 1892 and we know what happened then!

I think the average is 3-4million net under Moyes (something like 21million in 7 years). usually a player or two are sold and we bring in a few bodies cheaper.

Last season Johnson and McFadden were sold to bring in Fellaini

Having said that.. the season before was good.. we brought in Yak, Baines, Jagielka and Pienaar (loan) after using money from the sales of Naysmith, Davies, Kilbane and Beattie and freeing up wages by releasing Wright and Pistone.

Yeah.. it's been like that for at least a year. Another one is to be taken out in August apparently against the SKY tv money.

In an ideal world, a director would come in and offer a interest free loan to pay it all off so we can start afresh without paying £4m in interest per year.

Yeah.. it's been like that for at least a year. Another one is to be taken out in August apparently against the SKY tv money.

In an ideal world, a director would come in and offer a interest free loan to pay it all off so we can start afresh without paying £4m in interest per year.

So are we going to have to wait til August to do any transfer business again? :o

So are we going to have to wait til August to do any transfer business again? :o

Probably...you can sort of see it. 1/2 loan or cheap signings right at the beggining, to get our hopes up. Then prefusly sweating up untill the last hours of the window to then claim we've signed someone, no'1s heard of lol