IGNORED

Who Would You Sign If The Takeover Is True?

dmac

i wouldn't want to dirupt the team too much as it would take to long to gell so just a few quality signings

id have:

moutinho- just to shut up the papers and all the speculation- the thread in rumourama is 52 pages long, i'll say no more :P

glen johnson- try and steal the sale from chelski/liverpool, that would piss on their chips over the park!

a quality right winger to give us width which I think we lack at times, hmmm maybe ribery as this is pure fantasy

and tevez in as a striker to offer something different than yak, also better than him goin to man city

id also get loads of young talent like weve already been linked with to be understudies to the first team, ie delph naughton etc

I'd be sensible and build on what we have, sign our targets, why change that? City went out and bought big names and did an epic fail. We already have a good squad, adding a few more same quality / better will help, also if it was to be us then the prices for these players just increased so you would need to be sensible on how much your willing to spend on a player. My choices would be : Naughton, Owen, Moutinho and M'bia. Then adding squad players such as Hunt, Gibson etc..

how about people not in the rumors

We're linked with the type of player we need to build on last year's success, only problem is that the papers forget we have no money.

I would absolutely hate to see us turn into the new Man City if we were taken over. Paying 30 odd million for some Brazillian shithead who doesn't even want to play for us? No thanks :D

If we did get mega £££'s, I want and expect big signings but I don't want these £100k a week until we've earned it on the pitch - the level we're at (europa) we are £50k a week players - I don't like how citeh are paying players not in champs league over £100k a week. It's wrong anyway, but I can kind of accept teams like barca, man.ure and even the shite paying this kind of money for players like messi, xavi, ronaldo, gerrard, torres - they're the best players in the world and they're playing for teams who are around the main contenders for champs league - gareth barry isn't in this league, nor are citeh!

i wouldnt have moutinho dont really know y every is obsessed with him tbh everytym ive seen him hes been shite. id have belletti from the rent boys possibly van nistelrooy and messi :P

In future can you not write in text form, not liked by many on here. Cheers.

Having thought on from my last post on this thread I have slightly changed my mind, I would add one superstar signing to the squad, but it would be the likes of Joe Cole, one who would fit in well, and be an absolute gem to have.

I wouldn't have moutinho. I don't really know why everyone is obsessed with him, tbh everytime i've seen him hes been less than impressive. I would have the Brazilian right back Belletti from Chelsea, possibly even Van Nistelrooy and Messi. :P

In English!

I love how Moutinho is shite, but you'd have Belletti, madness!

Edited by StevO

My shortlist would be:

Dzeko

Moutinho

Diego Capel

Defour

Tevez

Kalou

Richards

Tuncay

Gourcuff

Gago

Ozil

That type of level were every player would improve the team, we would have to be very rich and we would also need to be getting top four to attract the players, but I think very few of them would join us as we are sadly.

Torres, Gerrard, Drogba, Lampard, Tevez and if any change left Messi. If we get the same dough as City, we internationally are better known and would be better placed to attract the said players. Shit just realised Gerrard and Lampard, no good in the same team, ah well.

Edited by The Beard

Torres, Gerrard, Drogba, Lampard, Tevez and if any change left Messi. If we get the same dough as City, we internationally are better known and would be better placed to attract the said players. Shit just realised Gerrard and Lampard, no good in the same team, ah well.

The lost art of the backspace :).

I'd buy Casillas, Jesus Navas, Dani Alves and Busquets.

We already have a 'power' player. Marouane Fellaini - our 16 million dollar man.

In my opinion, we need back up squad players.

A right back. Naughton, if nurtured, would be great as he's pacy.

A left footed midfielder. Joe Ledley. He's a technical player, not pacy, but will knock in good balls from the left. With Baines behind him, his speed will definately not be a liability and we should get some good service.

Pienaar can smash in some beautiful crosses from the right hand side. I have seen him play in the confederations cup twice now, and he bosses that right hand side and will not stop running. Will also never stop being creative. Heck, we could probably keep Hibbert if Pienaar remained on the right hand side.

And probably another CM for when Neville becomes too old. Joao Moutinho because he's sexy. :lol:

Really, we don't need to go overboard; our squad is great.