IGNORED

Cody Arnoux

http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com/college-soccerpdl-success-cody-arnoux-heading-to-england/5122

So maybe we are starting to look at the emerging market for cheap 'soccer' players in the US as opposed to overpriced full backs from the Championship. I think this could be a good strategy. Although football is not in the same league as American Football, Baseball and Basketball as far as tv is concerned in the US there has been a huge increase in the number of kids playing football over the last few years, so if we are looking at the best of them that makes sense to me.

As long as our fans don't start singing 'YOU ESS AY'...oh, wait a minute. We already do :(

Edited by Wirral Wizard

These new 'kids' are extremely athletic and you never know may turn out to be gems? If their finishing is good, can run bloody quick and have an eye for goal, but also run flat out for a full 90mins, they could be the next Vaughan mold? They're free, so why not. By the sounds of it Cody Arnoux was at the same trial as Perterlin, Moyes must be impressed by these kids?

He seems a decent bloke i had a quick chat with him earlier on Facebook told him to visit ToffeeTalk.com if he needs any tips on life in the UK haha and wished him well and he said he's looking forward to it all and thank you.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Looks promising.. I hadn't heard of him either.. a year in the reserves could do him some good.

There must have been a lot of talent over there because Moyes brought back two both with European passports. It may have been more if they would have been eligible for a permit?

When you look at it, it's a very good place to look for players.

Players are all 21 with degrees.. have at least two years experience in the NCAA and are available for peanuts.

The problem is.. work permit.

Could be an argument here on Britain relaxing immigration laws for the U.S :)

What's the scoop on Canadians? I presume they've got it much easier to settle/work in the U.K?

he looks pretty big in that pic!

i know soccer is taken very seriously at college level in the US, so this could be revolutionary of moyes to start picking them up. getting them when they are 21, by the time they are 24 they could be very good quality players.

• 2 weeks later...

"just wanna say i am starting to see a trend here now moyes has been buying players from the lower leagues from the uk for a while and now every other premier league team is in on the act too pushing prices up which doesnt show good value, so he is now looking for talent in lower leagues in other country's thats probably part of the reason for the US pre-season tour, we have a genius as a manager!!!!! IMWT"

A quote ffrom someone on the official forum...he might be pretty accurate lol

At the end of the day, you never know this kid maybe raw talent and needs to be playing with other 'better' players to really unlock his potential. Maybe Moyes has seem that he has all the attributes, he just needs to work along side better players to harness those skills. Good luck to him!

• 1 year later...