IGNORED

Shortest Ever Everton Career?

MikeO

Anderson Silva de França..shortest Everton career on record?

Eighty minutes into the Charlton game last April it's 0-0 and DM's got VDM stripped as a last throw of the dice to try and get the win. Before he can get on Lescott scores and VDM sits down again (for the last time?). Two minutes from time Anderson comes on for Arteta, just to waste thirty seconds. Eighty-nine minutes Bent scores, Faddy gets the miracle winner in injury time. Da Silva's Everton career lasts five minutes tops....but it was a hell of a five minutes :D .

Fortunately for posterity I captured the moment he walked off the pitch for the last (and first) time...

100_0215.jpg

Mike said ............. Anderson Silva de França..shortest Everton career on record?

Have looked through a few of my books and have come up with a few names ........

Billy Brindle.............. 67-70

Aiden Maher..............64-68

J Morrisey Junior....... 83-85. all played just one game no sub appearances, but they came up through the junior ranks.

Players who were actually bought consist of.....

Stefan Regn.............. 1990. played just one game and made 3 sub appearances.

Warren Aspinall......... 86-87. played no games but made 7 sub appearances.

Glen Keeley.............. 1982. Played just i game with no sub appearances.

Like Blueinvalencia said Keeley gives him a run for his money but i think Mike's statement has got to be the Correct one.

Unless anybody knows any different. ;)

Glenn Keely wins by a country mile...

1 appearance and he didn't last the full 90mins as he was sent off.

When I ran efc-online I recieved an email from him (I was doing a where are they now section) and he said Everton is a fantastic club and it was a privilege to play for even if it was for several minutes.

True story.

Glenn Keely wins by a country mile...

1 appearance and he didn't last the full 90mins as he was sent off.

When I ran efc-online I recieved an email from him (I was doing a where are they now section) and he said Everton is a fantastic club and it was a privilege to play for even if it was for several minutes.

True story.

It was still longer than De silva's 2 mins tho Louis, and at least Keeley started a game. :)

....how many minutes did the rodrigo play for, can't have been many.

Trom ToffeeWeb...

Just four sub appearances before he damaged knee ligaments at Southampton and that was it. So much for a one-year loan to assess his dazzling Brazilian skills... Despite his recovery by the end of the season, David Moyes had seen enough and decided to release him. Tellingly, no-one has picked him up yet...