3 replies to this topic

#1 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 27 Feb 2008 - 21:09

How much it was when they first started going to the Matches. ??

A few of the long established members will remember these momento's but i will put them up again for the more recent members.

I could get a season ticket for the price you have to pay for a programme these days. 21 home matches and all the reserve games (which used to be played at Goodison) all for 3.
If you got a stand season ticket, that would cost you 5 but with that you got a free programme on match days. :o Below is a picture of the Boys loading up on the coach to go to play Nuremburg in 1965/66 and you will notice the ground entrance fee at 4 shillings (20p), but i was watching them probably 10 years before that and i can remember paying 2 shillings to get in the ground (10p) can anybody beat that.

Posted Image

Wembley Cup finals in 66 and 68 cost me 50p.

Posted Image

How things have changed.

#2 GoldfishMemory

GoldfishMemory

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2008 - 09:04

Alot more than yours Bill but still a chunk less than today, my first season ticket in 1995 was 90.

#3 JamesN

JamesN

Mikel Arteta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2008 - 10:22

my first season ticket worked out at something like 6 a game but i was only young at the time and my dad used to pay me in so i cant remember exactly how much... I still got it at home though so i'll check when i get home...

#4 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 29 Feb 2008 - 19:29

Guess theres nobody older than me on the forum then, or if there is they've lost their memory. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users