Arteta Gerrard Carsley/Mascherano Pienaar

-------Torres------Yakubu-------

Bench

Cahill

Howard

Jagielka

Mascherano/Carsley

?

I'd pick Carsley in a 5 man midfield (with Yak up front on his own and Cahill in midfield) or Mascherano in a 4.

As much as i like Pienaar, i cant put him in ahead of Babel who i think is a great winger and very underused by Rafa, tho i might be tempted to squeeze him inside in a straight 4-4-2, no holding player.

Arteta .. Gerrard .. Pienaar .. Babel.

.........Torres ......... Yakubu ...........

Jeez theres some footy and some goals in that line up.

not sure where he'd fit in, but i bet if you asked any of the top teams in the prem 3 or 4 players from Everton they could buy, Cahill would be in there....

obviously, we're not talking about one of the top teams, we're talking about Liverpool, but you know what I mean :P

Edited by ooberman

I actually think Babel has been a disappointment, a view shared by all my friend Liverpool fans (virtually all my friends and work colleagues, brothers! are Liverpool fans). He looks to have some shot on him and great pace, but he doesn't look like a winger in a million years to me, he could be some player if he moves up front though. On the wing he is too one footed and cuts in all the time, he's scored a few goals but in most games he's been ineffective which is why he hasn't played that much. So far, he's shown potential but he hasn't delivered much except a few goals. Put him alongside Torres and that could be some partnership.

possibly, he certainly he looks to have the attributes but he just doesn't look cut out to be a winger. When Liverpool signed him Bobby Robson, in his column in one of the papers, said that his contacts in Holland thought that Babel was way overpriced and overrated. His finishing does look top class to me, his shot is huge and his pace is frightening, looks like he could switch from the wing to striker, like Henry. But on this seasons performances, Pienaar has to take the wing spot imo, he's delivered all season, consistently.

It's an easy choice, it's moyes everytime.... after all, he's proven to be much more successful than rafa. In europe and in the league. I can see your point.

It's harsh leaving players like Skrtel, who has been immense since joining us and is looking better with every game, finnan who has proven to be very good over the last three seasons and yakubu who is scoring a decent amount of goals for everton.

I think you guys need to have a little perspective, any time you have a decent run of form, your straight on the band wagon of how much better everton are than liverpool, it makes you look daft because after 2 thirds of the season, you are right on us and that's good, nobody can take away that you're a growing team that is picking up a lot of points and you deserve a lot of credit for that but we have been through our worst run of form since Rafa took over, have shit going on in the background and are in a great position in europe's premier club competition after beating the best side in Italy. We've reached two of the last three european cup finals and have had decent finishes in the league in the last two seasons despite being very inconsistent away from home and playing much worse than our potential.

If you win a few things over the next couple of seasons and we are scratching around 5th/6th place and you're in the top three and in the champions league with us in the uefa cup, then threads like these will be based on fact instead of a few desperate blues.

Edited by Charlie ton

Go and spout all your shit on your own forum This is an Everton forum.

Altho we encourage football supporters from all parts of the Globe, if they just come on here to tell us how good they are, and how shit we are, their membership is not a long one.

Talk sensible footy talk and you'll be fine, but stop throwing your shit all around the place.

Go and spout all your shit on your own forum This is an Everton forum.

Altho we encourage football supporters from all parts of the Globe, if they just come on here to tell us how good they are, and how shit we are, their membership is not a long one.

Talk sensible footy talk and you'll be fine, but stop throwing your shit all around the place.

What shit is that?

Jagiekla in as centerback type shit, moyes over rafa type shit?

It's only shit because you don't like it. I've no problem talking football, I think you'll find that I've said how well everton are doing.

What shit is that?

It's only shit because you don't like it. I've no problem talking football, I think you'll find that I've said how well everton are doing.

Do you watch Jagielka play every week then?

When he first came here he was shite, mainly because he was being played out of position. Since he's moved into his favoured CB position he has excelled and has been magnificant. There isn't much that gets past him. There are plenty of reasons for him to get into a Merseyside team ahead of some of Liverpool's CB's, but I wouldn't expect you to know those reasons as you haven't seen enough of him to fairly judge.

Do you watch Jagielka play every week then?

When he first came here he was shite, mainly because he was being played out of position. Since he's moved into his favoured CB position he has excelled and has been magnificant. There isn't much that gets past him. There are plenty of reasons for him to get into a Merseyside team ahead of some of Liverpool's CB's, but I wouldn't expect you to know those reasons as you haven't seen enough of him to fairly judge.

Well, I watch everton play most weeks, so yes, I've seen enough of him to judge.

i'm not saying he is a shit player, infact he's played rather way of late, so has most of your team. I'm saying the decision to put him in ahead of players like Agger and Jamie "best defender in europe*" Carragher is shit.

I know you all want to think that we are one of the worst teams in the world, but it's not true. Players like Jagielka wouldn't get a sniff at liverpool, pienaar wouldn't make the bench....

We've got some top, top players that are proven at the very highest level, I think it's naive to suggest many of them would miss out because of decent run of form that has seen you go level with us on points. Trophies are not given out in march.

Edited by Charlie ton

What shit is that?

Ive left your footy chat intact, its the history of Redssssssssssss that is of no interest to Evertonians so ive edited it, put it on your own site if you've got one, so all your fans in Scandinavia can Rub Noses over it.

Why? Shouldn't you be pissing on your fellow Liverpool fans in the Kop?

Fucking hell, quality stuff from the blues.

I name a few (very relevant) credentials of rafa over david moyes and it gets deleted, but you're talking about many blue's brother, sisters, fathers and friends there.

Then again, what else would I expect from you other than censorship of facts you don't like to admit and disrespect for the dead.

Edited by Charlie ton