IGNORED

Pienaar

Is the board going to get this guy on a permanent deal? I didn't realise until tonight how superb his workrate is!

Really quality player - I'm hoping he can stay beyond the loan deal as he offers a lot in terms oof delivery and technique, as well as versatility.

Come on Toffees (proud to call you my 2nd Team :D )

had an outstanding game as he often does but he really got stuck in tonight. work rate was out of this world, up there with johnson. As well as that he's very good on the ball and puts in some lovely crosses.

makes the odd mistake and the occasional fluffed touch but he's definatley a quality player who has the kind of attitude that moyes likes.

we'd be fools not to sign him up.

I'm pretty sure that we're going to get him. Everton have said they want to keep him, Brossia have said that Everton are now in talks. Think there is already a fee of around 2-3m agreed. Bargain.

I love Pienaar, think his workrate is awesome, but (and this will sound stupid) i think he needs to change his boots as he is quite often slipping or tripping over. Think his studs are giving him a bit of grief.

14 assists so far this season for Peanuts, what a first season eh? Hopefully it's not his only season with us.

Yeah, he never gets the amount of recognition he deserves from the Media, it seems if anybody is mentioned as being an asset to the team, 9 times out of 10 the JOURNALISTS and TV PUNDITS will inevitably mention Arteta and Cahill, tho both have been below par at times.

• 2 weeks later...

This was ten days ago, has anybody heard any updates. ???

Borussia Dortmund chief: Pienaar wants Everton stay

March 18, 2008

Everton are close to sealing a permanent deal to sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Steven Pienaar, according to reports on Merseyside.

The 25-year-old South Africa international has been in excellent form for David Moyes' side this term since agreeing a season-long loan switch to Merseyside last summer.

Last month, Dortmund's general manager Michael Zorc admitted that the player is keen to remain at Goodison Park.

"Steven Pienaar wants to stay at Everton," he said. "There are clear signals that the club will take up their option to buy him."

The Liverpool Echo claims that, despite interest from Arsenal and Valencia, Everton have agreed a fee with Dortmund for his permanent signing and are close to finalising terms.

I love him and to be honest i think he has been one of our most consistent players. His workrate is amazing and his assists must be up there with the best in the premierhip. I would let him take all our set pieces from now on as Micky has delevoped a habit of hitting the first man every time! I think he will be signed up as soon as the season finishes

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like they are going to cock up the deal, got until april 30th to sign on a permanent otherwise he can go to anyone else in a bidding war. It was supposed to be cut and dried a fortnight ago, Move your arses into gear ffs.

The situation doesn't surprise me in the slightest with Everton tbh. This club has to be one of the worst at concluding a transfer deal.

Even if Arsenal and Valencia aren't interested at 2.2 Million I'm sure there are a heap of Premiership sides that would jump at this. I'd be absolutely amazed and disappointed if we don't conclude this. No reason not to have a player of this quality in the side for that kind of money.

Has anyone got BK or DM's phone number???????????

Cos I've seen this story everywhere over the last couple of days and I just wanna tell em to get a grip and sign the boy up, sure he may not have been our player of the season so far, but he's up there! Showing some of the reasons why he was regarded so highly as a youngster at Ajax, and at that price who the fuck are we gonna get with even half the ability as he's got. If we don't snap him up that would put a real downer for me on what has been such a good season!

FFS GET IT SORTED!!!!!!!

Guest Reg Reagan

true.

he cannot let him go. he is playing hsi best football with us this season. his asking prce is a bargain and we will be crazy not to sign him!

People seem to be ignoring the fact dortmund may be holding out for post 30 april so they get a bigger transfer fee...the usual kenwright bashers come out of the woodwork...

its nothing to do with dortmund, the fee was agreed last year, they are out of the question.

dm has come out and said its just the agents fees need to be sorted, stop worrying.

dm has come out and said its just the agents fees need to be sorted, stop worrying.

DAVID MOYES has pointed the finger at Steven Pienaar’s agent for the hold-up that is threatening the midfielder’s permanent transfer to Everton.

The Goodison manager yesterday revealed a contract has been agreed with the South Africa international, who is approaching the end of a season-long loan from Borussia Dortmund.

Interested clubs have until the end of the month to take up an option to sign Pienaar for £2.2million from the Bundesliga outfit.

The 26-year-old is keen to stay at Everton but admitted earlier this week that he may be forced to look elsewhere if the current impasse doesn’t end within the next few days.

And it has emerged that a fee for Pienaar’s representative is the final sticking point threatening the entire deal.

“As far as I know Steven Pienaar’s contract is agreed, it’s all done,” said Moyes. “I think it’s his agent’s money that isn’t agreed.

“As far as I know everything has been done for a while, so I think it is to do with money for the agent.

“There is no problem with Borussia Dortmund, that end of it has been in place for months.

“Steven has done well for us and has been one of the reasons we have played so much better football this season.

“We needed that skill. He is not the biggest, but if you want to buy a player who is big and strong and can play good football – I suppose I’m talking about (Cristiano) Ronaldo – then you must pay top dollar.

“Sometimes you have to look a little lower, and Steven has done everything we have asked of him.”

“We needed that skill. He is not the biggest, but if you want to buy a player who is big and strong and can play good football – I suppose I’m talking about (Cristiano) Ronaldo – then you must pay top dollar.

“Sometimes you have to look a little lower, and Steven has done everything we have asked of him.”

[/b]

That's a bit harsh on Peanuts!

I mean, clearly he's nowhere near Ronaldo, but for Moyes to come out in public and basically say "yeah, he's not that great, but he's the best we can do" seems a bit unnecessary.

Or when he said "look a little lower" maybe he actually did mean he's just a bit short!