IGNORED

Pienaar

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/pien...l-complete.html

Get in! Bargain bucket price!......

'Everton will pay a sum of £2,050,000 to Borussia Dortmund for the South African midfielder'

Amazing deal.

McFadden was more than double that.

Pienaar - £2m

Cahill - £1.5m

Arteta - £2.5m

Where else can you find a midfield of that quality for £6m?

I reckon that little lot are probably worth pushing £30m on the open market.

Amazing deal.

McFadden was more than double that.

Pienaar - £2m

Cahill - £1.5m

Arteta - £2.5m

Where else can you find a midfield of that quality for £6m?

I reckon that little lot are probably worth pushing £30m on the open market.

You forgot to add OSMAN to that midfield ...................£0 . Free.

Paddeh

post Today, 3:39 PM

Everton have confirmed that Steven Pienaar will join the club on a permanent basis.

The South African has agreed a three-year deal that will keep him at the club until July 2011.

Everton will pay a sum of £2,050,000 to Borussia Dortmund for the South African midfielder.

Pienaar originally joined the Toffees on loan in July 2007 on a season-long loan deal.

And he impressed David Moyes sufficiently during the campaign for the manager to make Pienaar’s move a long-term one.

The former-Ajax man has become a key member of the Everton midfield this term, making 35 appearances and scoring twice.

Speaking earlier this month, Moyes said: "Steven has done well for us. He is one of the reasons our football has improved.

"He is a really good football player."

Not been around much on here lately but now have internet at home am hoping that will change.

Great news on this and as people have said at that price its a bargin. When you think about what some of the players we were looking at(or meant to have) and the price they went for its a steal.

Superb news, a bargain.

It may be we see a bit of 2nd season syndrome next season but at this price we should keep that in mind if he dips a bit at times. His link up play with Arteta is superb - even though they are both down to play wide most of the time, they seem to both meet up inside to link up for some nice, neat stuff.

That was like my view on why we maybe delayed signing him, ie once he was all signed up his form may dip so we prolonged it to keep him keen. Something now tells me there's more to him than that now though and i reckon he'll continue to impress.

Just wonder what pocket of funds the board will claim the money came from (hopefully not from the summer pot but i'm sure it will be).

Well done to DM too, great deal.