IGNORED

Arteta's Agent: Mikel Should Be An International

Louis

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Foo...ent-on-status-/

Everton star Mikel Arteta's agent is convinced the midfielder would be a regular for Spain if he was playing for one of the top four sides.

The former Paris Saint Germain and Rangers midfielder has settled well in England after a yo-yo start to his career.

The Spaniard is playing his fourth season for The Toffees and his representative feels he is deserving of international recognmition.

"He is one of Everton's shining stars and one of the highest rated players in The Premier League," Ibanez told Diario Vasco.

"Mikel Arteta deserves better. Let me explain you why. If he was playing for one of the best four clubs in England or Spain he would be an international under Luis Aragones.

"I am not exaggerating anything."

I'm personally gettin sick of this talk of Arteta not just every transfer window but 4 or 5 times during the course of a season.

I think he's looked a bit flat lately so maybe he does want to leave and is using his agent/the media to let potential buyers know.

Although he's been something of a star for us and is quite often the only player with creative flair in a blue shirt, if we could get £10m plus for him, I would be vey tempted to say bye bye.

Edited by sheedysheedysheedy

arteta has been our best player since we signed him on loan back in 05. he is head and shoulders above all our players right now. and he has been consistent in the years we have with the exception of this season where alot of the time he has been injured. and many people seem to forget that.

osman however has been the oposite. he was awful last season and this season hes been superb. so in my eyes and im sure there are people who echo my thoughts. arteta is just having an off season

unless we get an offer we cant refuse and if we could get 2 or 3 players of his calibure with the money then we should NOT sell him

Rumours this morning that Aaron Lennon is being pursued by NEWCASTLE, £10M is the quoted price, I'd swap him now for Arteta. I know Arteta is struggling with a groin problem at the mo but even when fit he slows the attack down every time he gets the ball. I think he stands on the ball waiting for the photographers to get a good pic of him, and inevitably all the defenders are back in place and all our forwards are marked, so the ball goes back to Neville, it stops every attack we make.

Aaron Lennon would soon become a big hit here, and would cause more probs than Arteta does, I'd love him here.

PS...... and Theo Walcott would be the same, think we could get either of them for the money we get for Arteta.

arteta has been our best player since we signed him on loan back in 05. he is head and shoulders above all our players right now. and he has been consistent in the years we have with the exception of this season where alot of the time he has been injured. and many people seem to forget that.

osman however has been the oposite. he was awful last season and this season hes been superb. so in my eyes and im sure there are people who echo my thoughts. arteta is just having an off season

unless we get an offer we cant refuse and if we could get 2 or 3 players of his calibure with the money then we should NOT sell him

he was head and shoulders above the rest, but hes been poor all season.

a few games is fine, maybe even a couple of months, but mikel has been poor all season, thats not good enough imo. im not saying sell him, but hes not first on the team sheet for me right now.

maybe next season he'll be fine when his groin is sorted out, but when he cant even clear the first man with his set pieces, thats not good enough.

any offer over £10m and ill say bye bye

dont 100% if its his offical myspace but it seems to be but anyways he sent a bulletin out today saying thanks for messages and shit and mentioned going to spain for a few days of training. At the end of the bulletin it said "i already look forward to many more good years at everton."

David Moyes has described comments attributed to Mikel Arteta's agent as 'nonsense'.

Reports from Spain surfaced this week, with Arteta's agent Inaki Ibanez supposedly claiming the midfielder would be in the Spanish national squad if he played for a top European side.

He reportedly said: “Mikel deserves better. If he was at one of the best four clubs in England or Spain he would be an international.”

But Moyes confirmed he had spoken with the player and that Arteta is more than happy on Merseyside.

"I only read them this morning and I thought they were a load of rubbish," Moyes told evertonfc.com.

"I have spoken with Mikel and it's nonsense."

Arteta has been a revelation at Everton since joining the club in 2005.

He quickly became a fans' favourite, winning the player of the year award for the last two seasons.

Last summer, Arteta signed a deal keeping him at Everton until 2012.

Rumours this morning that Aaron Lennon is being pursued by NEWCASTLE, £10M is the quoted price, I'd swap him now for Arteta. I know Arteta is struggling with a groin problem at the mo but even when fit he slows the attack down every time he gets the ball. I think he stands on the ball waiting for the photographers to get a good pic of him, and inevitably all the defenders are back in place and all our forwards are marked, so the ball goes back to Neville, it stops every attack we make.

Aaron Lennon would soon become a big hit here, and would cause more probs than Arteta does, I'd love him here.

PS...... and Theo Walcott would be the same, think we could get either of them for the money we get for Arteta.

You would have Lennon and Walcott before Arteta?I think that's crazy.Neither of them are even nearly the finished product; particularly Walcott who hasn't really demonstrated his ability yet.Neither of them can cross the ball either.I do take the point that they are both prospects, but I wouldn't replace Arteta.

He is our best player by a long way.Even in this, a poor season by his standards, facets of his play stand out such as his ability to retain possession, incredible first touch and impressive assist tally(9).He has been strangely ineffective from set pieces and his crossing has been patchy, but he is the best player in a good side.

" Walcott who hasn't really demonstrated his ability yet."

You obviously didnt see Walcott put the ball on a plate for Adebayors goal tonight, picked it up in his own penalty area and beat off about four tackles skipped past half the liverpool team as he ran the length of the field and had 3 players waiting for the pass. Arteta would have stopped when he got the ball, turned around, stood with it for a couple of minutes and then passed it backwards.

We need wingers with pace who can attack defenders, Lennon or Walcott would do a better job than Arteta. Thats my opinion mate take it or leave it, Arteta has been living on his reputation all season, and just has'nt performed.

PS... I think Pienaar has been more influential than Arteta, and Arteta is a long way off being the best player in the team, not this season he isnt. Take a look at the MOTM table.

You obviously didnt see Walcott put the ball on a plate for Adebayors goal tonight,

Would have been tricky unless he had a time machine at his disposal Bill :lol: .

Incredible run by the lad.

You obviously didnt see Walcott put the ball on a plate for Adebayors goal tonight, picked it up in his own penalty area and beat off about four tackles skipped past half the liverpool team as he ran the length of the field and had 3 players waiting for the pass. Arteta would have stopped when he got the ball, turned around, stood with it for a couple of minutes and then passed it backwards.

We need wingers with pace who can attack defenders, Lennon or Walcott would do a better job than Arteta. Thats my opinion mate take it or leave it, Arteta has been living on his reputation all season, and just has'nt performed.

PS... I think Pienaar has been more influential than Arteta, and Arteta is a long way off being the best player in the team, not this season he isnt. Take a look at the MOTM table.

One run doesn't make him a better alternative to Arteta.He has been a sub all season and had a couple of moments of brilliance.I wouldn't swap Arteta for him.I think Arteta's lack of form has been overstated and he is still our best player.Hopefully he will prove this for the rest of the season.

If Arteta was english he would be in the England squad ahead of either Walcott or Lennon.And I can't take Everton Lad seriously after he described Walcott as a "great player".He hasn't come close to proving he has that level of ability.

Edited by BlueToffee

i dont take meself seriously half the time but you only have to watch walcott to know he is a very good player, maybe i exadjurated a bit saying great but i think he will be a top player for years to come. dont forget he is meant to be a striker and wenger plays him on the wing alot.

i dont take meself seriously half the time but you only have to watch walcott to know he is a very good player, maybe i exadjurated a bit saying great but i think he will be a top player for years to come. dont forget he is meant to be a striker and wenger plays him on the wing alot.

I agree that he probably will be a top player, but at the moment his role as a substitute restricts any verdict that we can give on him.