IGNORED

The Nearly Man And The Dreamer.

You read my mind Sir, I was about to ask for your opinion on this thread and hey presto there it is, balanced and well thought out as always.

I agree entirely...I think people have short memories and I think my sons teenage years (2009-2015) will be a lot less depressing than mine were (1973-1979).

Some very intelligent, sensible, and heartfelt opinions there, makes for a very good  read, and i'm sure that all parties concerned think only of the welfare and future of the Club. 

I'm tempted to lean towards the suggestion that we are, at this moment in time, in a much better state than we have been for 15 years or more.

Who has forgotten that two of our last three managers Royle & Kendall, have resigned and walked away because of a complete lack of funds, and lack of support fom the boardroom in any transfer dealings.

Who has forgotten that Duncan Ferguson (in his prime) was sold  by the board, without the Manager (W. Smith) having any prior knowledge until the day of the match,  When Duncan was pulled out of his team and Sold. :o . Unbelievable.

I was a bit unhappy how the team was playing at the beginning of this season and feared relegation, I must say i'm feeling a bit happier now the worm has turned, and on the whole we are in a much better position, both on and off the field, than we have been for a long long time. ............IMO.

Licker.

to be fair licker, that was the Johnson regime, and im not convinced about the Joe Royle resignation, i think Johnson was a dictator who would have picked the team given half a chance, i thought big joe was unlucky, i still think he could have been one of our finest managers, in fact, i mentioned the other day about managers being either successful or not, well big joe was certainly that when he took over wasn't he? he made an immediate impact, we were dead and buried when he took over from Walker, we ended up FA Cup holders against all the odds, joe is a brilliant man manager, i wish he was still here to be honest.

Your right Bernie, I,m sure if the club had backed him with some money, Joe Royle would indeed have been very good for the Club, unfortunately Things were'nt very good at the time, and it seemed that a £40 million debt put paid to any team strenghtening.

This is why Joe had to rely on Grit and Determination (Dogs of War) as there was no chance of him being able to buy Class players, he had to rely on Free transfers and over the hill players he could pick up wandering about the leagues.

Speaks volumes for his Man Management Skills, that he could get such a Motley Crew playing as a team. ;)

he did buy Nick Barmby, wasnt it a record at the time? Joe was quoted as saying that from then on there was to be no more second rate signings, it was either the quality players or young players with potential, and then he went and bought Claus Thomson!!!!!! that was Joes biggest boo boo i reckon, cant for the life of me think why he was bought, could it have been a n agent Johnson signing??!!!

Bernie & Licker have you read Royles autobiography?

He readily admits he is poor in the transfare market when he has money and seems to be a better manager with no cash.

Aving said that i did like ol' fat head and Parkinson, Horne & Ebrell were a dream come true for a 13/14 year old sat on the glad i loved them days even if we were shit, too young to understand just thought we were the bollocks cos we could kick everyone off the park :D

Those three in midfield were not blessed with huge amounts of skill, but they made up for it with their unbelievable workrate, remember Joe 'sorting' Ince out in the Final? Some of the prima donna's of today could learn a thing or two from these three.

Joey Parkinson was a god for me when i was young in fact i think i cried for the lad when i found out his career was over what a waste.

One thing i do remember is the whole of Goodison felt the same way, his name was sung with the same venom joe put into his challenges!

Oh Joey, Joey,

Joey, Joey, Joey, Joey Parkinson!

Feckin el Bernie are we agreeing for the first time in this thread? :D:P

Have to say that DM strikes me as a Honest, Hardworking manager who is not afraid to say it like it is.

A lot of the older more experienced managers have bought some real crappy players over the last year.

who won Manager of the Month this month ???

I believe that the rot that is festering within Goodisons walls is quite a bit higher up the ladder!! (BK you know i mean you)

I believe the Bent deal was worth doing even if it did leave us a bit thin on the ground.

And i hold my hands up as someone who slated the purchase of Beattie and admit i got it wrong

Give Moyes a chance lads he will come good..........................

Have to say that DM strikes me as a Honest, Hardworking manager who is not afraid to say it like it is.

A lot of  the older more experienced managers have bought some real crappy players  over the last year.

who won Manager of the Month this month ???

I believe that the rot that is festering within Goodisons walls is quite a bit higher up the ladder!! (BK you know i mean you)

I believe the Bent deal was worth doing even if it did leave us a bit thin on the ground.

And i hold my hands up as someone who slated the purchase of Beattie and admit i got it wrong

Give Moyes a chance lads he will come good..........................

Another optimist :D

Welcome mate B)

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:

That rules us lot out then there aint many about here!

Damn we will all av 2 go the rugby with Reg  :P

You jokin Goldfish. We must be the most negative supporters in the world.

We should be flying high and all we can think of is what to moan about

Even Moyes was like that in his post match interview, talking about the FA

:lol: Nice one