IGNORED

5th Place

for the last month or 2, all ive people go about is everton catching liverpool and finishing fourth to get in the champions league. not once have i heard anyone face the stark reality that we may not even get a uefa cup spot next season. portsmouth are only 4 points behind us now, and they have 4 very winnable game left, compared to to our 4 very tricky games( well actually 2 are practically guarenteed defeats) even when we at the top of our game,. we're not exactly setting the world alight at the moment and ive got a really bad feeling that whats been a wonderful season is going to end on a really low note. im not 100% sure whats happening if portsmouth overtake us then win the FA cup. do cardiff get the uefa cup spot or will it go to 6th place in the league

for the last month or 2, all ive people go about is everton catching liverpool and finishing fourth to get in the champions league. not once have i heard anyone face the stark reality that we may not even get a uefa cup spot next season. portsmouth are only 4 points behind us now, and they have 4 very winnable game left, compared to to our 4 very tricky games( well actually 2 are practically guarenteed defeats) even when we at the top of our game,. we're not exactly setting the world alight at the moment and ive got a really bad feeling that whats been a wonderful season is going to end on a really low note. im not 100% sure whats happening if portsmouth overtake us then win the FA cup. do cardiff get the uefa cup spot or will it go to 6th place in the league

You must not use your eyes very well then. It's been said by a few people on here.

You must not use your eyes very well then. It's been said by a few people on here.

i guess i must have missed those threads, some of my friends are everton fans too, and none of them seem to realise the position we're in , just thought i was the only one loking over our shoulder. or is it just me being negative?

Edited by jamie2008uk

I tried to talk about it and was dismissed.

Portsmouth are not the problem - they have a UEFA Cup place from the FA Cup, regardless of whether they win it or not.

Aston VIlla are the problem: They will beat Birmingham and Wigan...Everton might get nothing from Arsenal and Chelsea. That puts the teams level on points and, after the results, Villa will have a better goal difference than Everton. So Everton v. Villa is an absolutely VITAL game.

I tried to talk about it and was dismissed.

That's a bit dramatic, don't think you were dismissed, just alternative viewpoints put. I say again...

"The fact remains that the bookies, the people who aren't affected by the in-built Evertonian panic mechanism and who are in it purely to make money, reckon we're near as damn it a dead cert for top six (1-11) and very strong odds-on favourites (2-9)for fifth."

The chances of us missing out on Europe, with the back up of the Intertoto and possibly Fair Play place qualifier are (imo) extremely remote.

If we could have put out a full strength squad, Chelsea wouldn't have wanted to come to Goodison having to get three points!!

BUT we don't have a full squad, though what we do have is capable of getting a point from Chelsea.Fernandes is improving each game, we are hard to score against and on their night AJ and Yakubu can score goals.

Chelsea would rather have been going to many places other than Goodison needing a win.

Can't see why our points for 5th place can't start Thursday.

either that or they turn it on. Arsenal always go mad on our arses when we play them and the end of the season. 7-0 springs to mind. Sure it won't happen this time tho! maybe 5 lmao.

haha wasnt that the "coventry" season? Tony Adams bloody well scored that day if i remember rightly...

we need to get 5th this season, because i think this is the last time were gunna get it for at least 3 years with the current regime. im not bashing BK or KW here, just after talking with friends after the match the other nite. next season city will keep improving, villa will have money to spend, as will harry at pompy, keegan will have whatever he wants, and spurs will have half a new squad! i dont think we'll have the money to compete next year.

i think this is the last time were gunna get it for at least 3 years with the current regime.

Thats a pretty pesimistic view there mate. I agree that we're not the most affluent of clubs under this regime but they've gotten us this far and who's to say Moyes won't be given the backing to go and make a few more signings to improve out side. With the likes of Gosling, Rodwell and Baxter coming through, if Baines and Vaughan sort out his 'fitness' problems, Peanuts signing on permenantly (for next to nothing!) there's light at the end of the tunnel without signing anyone, which we will.

Newcastle always have money to throw around and remain shite, Spurs were in the same position at the beginning of last season everyone said they're the ones to watch, City will have to greatly improve to keep up the challenge. Admittedly Villa are going in the right direction but i think we are too.

Chin up StevO!

Im not saying we'll go back wards, i just think the teams around us will all be able to strengthen, a lot more than us. yes, BK has took us this far, with out using his own money, because he hasnt got enough to do what he has already done, and he hasnt got the money to invest further himself. again, im not bashing him just because i see an oppertunity, but he cant afford to keep us competing

I see where you're coming from but unfortunately i've been burdened with an ever optimistic outlook which tells me BK will find the funds and will keep up our challenge.

I also hope that we can move a few of the squad around as well which could bring in a bit of money to strengthen. Johnson for one.

I see where you're coming from but unfortunately i've been burdened with an ever optimistic outlook which tells me BK will find the funds and will keep up our challenge.

I also hope that we can move a few of the squad around as well which could bring in a bit of money to strengthen. Johnson for one.

did your optimism tell you about this fantastic FREE new stadium?

i hope your optimism finds us £50m + just to stay in contention

i dont think we'll have the money to compete next year.

Can't be arsed to find the evidence but I'm pretty sure you'll find we were saying exactly the same thing around this time last year.

If he has a reasonable figure, say £20m, to work his usual magic which is getting better every year I think. One big signing, two or three gems unearthed and loan or two. Steady progress, don't think that's overly optimistic.

Also we've got an incredibly sound and solid base to work on. I'm happy...

im happy too mike. but i think its only a matter of time before we fall short. a lot more money has come into the premier league again this year.

the money moyes has been given over the years has put us further into debt again.

im happy, but worried

Does this change things or did we already know this?

It is not all good news for Cardiff. If they lose the FA Cup final and Pompey finish fifth in the Premier League table, the Bluebirds will miss out on a place in Europe.

Instead, the FA will give the Uefa Cup berth to the sixth-placed team in the Premier League.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ity/7350681.stm

we havent played well since the fiorentina game to be honest its been a disgrace i have been pissed off with us lately we seem to defend all game and ''HOPE'' to counter attack about 3 times in a whole game or when we have the ball we look straight up and hit it long it piss's me off to be honest like we go on like we are tryin to catch livershi.te for the champions league spot but we dont even play like we are good enough for the champions league or even fight for the top 4 finish we might of had a few injurys yes but even when the team is all fit mostly we are hittin it long sometimes it makes me feel embarrased to be honest we deffo need to add more quality players next season

• 2 weeks later...