IGNORED

5th Place

Well folks, it's been rocky for the last month, but one way or another we will definitely be facing European competition again next season. With Portsmouth losing today the worst we can finish now is sixth, which at the very least means we'll have a spot in the Intertoto Cup.

Just one more point to go straight back to UEFA, though...come on boys, the fruit is right at your fingertips!

I said in a previous post that Villa, after the 2-2 draw at Goodison, would now feel the pressure of actually being favorites to finish 5th and that I didn't think they would handle it!

West Ham gave just got some stick for rolling over at Man Utd, so I can see them going full steam at Villa, who if we don't get any points today at Arsenal will again (with their better goal difference) be favorites for 5th......again can they handle it?

To secure 5th place at Arsenal would be a great achievement for the lads.

Unlucky all you big spending clubs outside the top 4!........you really should try the EVERTON way!

Any points today, and Goodison should be a good place to be next week.

We need 1 point from 2 games - simple as! We're resounding favourites!!! Goal difference is only an issue if we lose both and villa beat west ham - in that case we'd finish 6th - in that case there are 3 'if's'!

Simple fact is - 1 point from a possible 6 ties up 5th for the blues!!!

My main point about them perhaps being favorites again is, if as many Evertonians seems think that we wont get anything from Arsenal, then nerves will surely kick in come next weekend against Newcastle.Over the last few games Villa have been the form team....we haven't.

One goal from Newcastle, and a goal from Villa and it's going to be a very sad end to the season.

Wigan did us a great service, but don't write Villa off yet!

A win or a draw today!.........then write them off!

Can't be arsed to find the evidence but I'm pretty sure you'll find we were saying exactly the same thing around this time last year.

If he has a reasonable figure, say £20m, to work his usual magic which is getting better every year I think. One big signing, two or three gems unearthed and loan or two. Steady progress, don't think that's overly optimistic.

Also we've got an incredibly sound and solid base to work on. I'm happy...

Yeah Mike I've seen it somewhere but just cant remember where, The premier League football money starting a 3 year contract this season goes something like this.

Every team in the prem starts off with 30m each from the pot, you then recieve a million for every place you move up the league 1st will receive an extra 20m, 10th place will recieve 10m and so on, then you get between 300 thousand and 500 thousand each time your on TV, the difference in TV money depends on when your game is shown.... IE Sunday midday, Sunday afternon or Monday and midweek, WORKS OUT AT ABOUT 1.25 MILLION FOR EVERY 3 TV APPEARANCES.

If EFC finish 5th they will get 45million, add to that 20 appearances on TV ( League, Cup, and EUFA) should be another 7 million, add to that another 25million from home game takings, again from League, Cup, and Eufa, and the total should be somewhere near the £80 million mark. The three relegated Teams will get 31, 32, and 33million plus any Tv appearances and also parachute payments for the next two seasons of 20 million pounds each. Crazy money.

Should be able to buy a player or two this summer dont you think. :D :D

Everton HUGE favorites <_< ............?

Play for a point against Newcastle, and we could be caught out.Villa will just throw everything at West Ham, which it seems at the moment they are their best when they do that.

Couple of nice early West Ham goals will ease the nerves, but come on that's not the Everton way.

I've been spot on with this from a month ago, hopefully we will get the point needed against the Newcs, and if we do manage to get 5th place it will be because other teams have also dropped points, non more so than PORTSMOUTH.

I bet Tony Adams is sorry he made that statement about 66 points.

Licker

post Apr 6 2008, 6:05 PM

Remaining fixtures...

Birmingham. ... Away. fighting for their lives Can expect a harder game than Derby County..... a draw at best.

Chelsea. ......... Home. Man utd dropped points and now Chelsea are going for Title..................a defeat.

Aston Villa. ...... Home. better equiped and faster on the attack than us, maybe get................. a draw at best.

Arsenal. .......... Away. too good for us and even faster on the attack than Villa........................ a defeat.

Newcastle. .......Home. Finishing the season on a high, Viduka, Owen, Martins too much for us... another draw.

we finish season with 63 points, dont think it will be good enough for 5th, Tony Adams reckons pompey can get 66 points.

--------------------

Spot on with the predictions Bill!

However...

...and if we do manage to get 5th place it will be because other teams have also dropped points

....while true, is a bit harsh I think.

ManU are going to win the title because other teams have dropped more points over thirty-eight games than they have.

If we finish fifth it'll be because we deserve it over the season.

Everton HUGE favorites <_< ............?

Bookies think so 250...

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/englis...rship/w-o-big-4

Edited by MikeO

Newcastle are coming to town!

Here's three reasons why they certainly wont roll over for us!

KEEGAN..........BARTON.........OWEN!

Could all come down to every Evertonians second favorite team :rolleyes: ..West Ham!

You know that team we beat twice at their place this season!.....one of those victories in the cup :o ..........OH SHIT!

Think how close it could have been if Portsmouth hadn't fallen to pieces!

There could be three teams level on points on the last day of the season, fighting for 5th.

Just think if our goal difference was better than Villas, we would be home and dry, win or lose.

Everything could change in the space of a few minutes.......what a great last weekend to the season....champions, 5th place and a relegation place all up for grabs.

BIG, big test for Moyes!

Remaining fixtures...

Birmingham. ... Away. fighting for their lives Can expect a harder game than Derby County..... a draw at best.

Chelsea. ......... Home. Man utd dropped points and now Chelsea are going for Title..................a defeat.

Aston Villa. ...... Home. better equiped and faster on the attack than us, maybe get................. a draw at best.

Arsenal. .......... Away. too good for us and even faster on the attack than Villa........................ a defeat.

Newcastle. .......Home. Finishing the season on a high, Viduka, Owen, Martins too much for us... another draw.

we finish season with 63 points, dont think it will be good enough for 5th, Tony Adams reckons pompey can get 66 points.

--------------------

jesus Licker! 5 down and 1 to go, you should be a SSN pundit or at least give tony adams some lessons :P

Interesting reading. I think the two that really cost us and were unforgivable mistakes by the officials were the goals against West Ham and Blackburn at Goodison. Two games that we should have got three points from at vital stages of the season....Blackburn when we had the African lads away (although we coped pretty well at the time I think the extra effort told in the long run) and Wham when we'd started to wobble. If we'd have pick up a win there it could well have injected a bit of confidence back for the run-in.