IGNORED

Letter Backing DM

Adam

I'm finally going to have my rant about Everton, well not about the Club itself

i'd be here forever, im going to direct it at one man, and that man is Keith Wyness

wait i hear you cry what has Keith done to deserve this, its more like what he hasnt done.

Now my idea of his job is to try and develop and further the Everton 'Brand' and try to secure investment/funding for the current manager to develop the squad and there may be more to his job description, but i think there most important to the club

Has he achieved any of this? or is he too busy replying to emails or monitoring Everton sites for fans, who have had enough of the mediocre sh*te fed to them by our club, and threating them to send the boys round if they continue in voicing their dissaproval at the club/manager/ticketing policy etc etc

We had our best opportunity in years to attract investment after last season, finishing 4th, so where was it keith, what were you doing all summer, fu*k all i guess

why wasnt he contacting anyone with a bit of money to come on board invest in a team on the up, now we really have missed that opportunity.

Another point, we have in a fan, Sir Terry Leahy CEO of Tesco, who over saw a year where Tesco reported a pre tax profit of £1.2bn a rise of 14.1% now why isnt anyone asking him for ideas, on how to raise the brand, or if he knows any investment groups in the city, why arent the club using is business accumen.

and what was wrong with Trevor Birch, he managed to get someone to buy Leeds,

and Keith couldnt find anyone, that doesnt wash with me

there you are, it may not read good, as its a rant, but its helped

i may respond to your comments, that is if Keith hasnt seen it already and sent the boys round to shut me up

thanks.

Guest fozzie22

i'd be here forever, im going to direct it at one man, and that man is Keith Wyness

wait i hear you cry what has Keith done to deserve this, its more like what he hasnt done.

Now my idea of his job is to try and develop and further the Everton 'Brand' and try to secure investment/funding for the current manager to develop the squad and there may be more to his job description, but i think there most important to the club

Has he achieved any of this? or is he too busy replying to emails or monitoring Everton sites for fans, who have had enough of the mediocre sh*te fed to them by our club, and threating them to send the boys round if they continue in voicing their dissaproval at the club/manager/ticketing policy etc etc

We had our best opportunity in years to attract investment after last season, finishing 4th, so where was it keith, what were you doing all summer, fu*k all i guess

why wasnt he contacting anyone with a bit of money to come on board invest in a team on the up, now we really have missed that opportunity.

Another point, we have in a fan, Sir Terry Leahy CEO of Tesco, who over saw a year where Tesco reported a pre tax profit of £1.2bn a rise of 14.1% now why isnt anyone asking him for ideas, on how to raise the brand, or if he knows any investment groups in the city, why arent the club using is business accumen.

i may respond to your comments, that is if Keith hasnt seen it already and sent the boys round to shut me up

thanks.

Amen brother..Wyness is a dick who frankly is nothing more than BKs lapdog/brownnose,the crap he comes out with is frankly ridiculus

Never mind that, did you see the links section. Why wasn't there a link to BTBB ot TOFFEETALK.

Anyway I've seen that letter before, but not the response. The fact is that the current league position makes for open season to critise everthing about the club

thanks.

This is where I do disagree with you and other fans (fozzie :( )

KW was brought to the club in October last year (now been here a year). His role was not easy - he had a club that was going under, just sold their prized calf, were the laughing stock of the city and the league, tipped for relegation and had a board that couldn't even agree on whether they wanted coffee or tea at their meetings.

Other than for the love of the club, I would not have taken on the role.

He set out a plan (which you can read about on bluekipper.com if you look hard enough) that included

raising the fan base

raising the spend per fan

raising far east awareness

new homeshirt every season

increase season ticket holders

Increase fan communication

These have all been successful - okay, they have been largely helped by the teams good fortune and morale - but you could argue that the stability that KW brought to the board HAS made it easier for DM to communicate with them over the team etc.etc.

On another note - the CEO of tesco (Terry Leahy) is a NON-executive director of Everton football club and forms part of the BK buying group, true blue holdings.

He therefore does have some input into the general running of our club.

ANyway - Wyness - I personally think that he has done a good job during his first year at the club. He is a mouth piece - but then a CEO always is.He talks to the fans every month (CEO say on website) and answers emails very quickly.

He has also spoken with fans groups and began to set up a fans council - of which anyone can be a member.

He has also set up a complaints procedure and every month issues a table showing where the bulk of complaints are and how long it has taken to deal with them.

His remit from the top was obvioulsy to sort out the clubs financial and off field problems - there was no structure to the club off the field and he has stabilised that greatly. There are no focal points - people you can contact for a specific query - such as Rita London for corporate services. mark Rowan for web and IT services etc.etc.

He has made mistakes - but then anyone would - especially coming from a club like Aberdeen to Everton...

by and large he hasn't actually performed that badly - he has managed the extra money well and this year DM was given £20m or so to spend - so he aint actually done that poorly - has he!?

i wont copy your answer rowlo, as it would take up too much space

yes he has done some good things, but i dont think enough, to justify his job

I appreciate it about rooney being sold, but Trevor Birch set this out before it ever happened, he said, Everton needed to sell there prized assest, reduce the debt, then they would be more open to investment

i think if we had birch as ceo at the time of the rooney sale, we may have got the money upfront instead of 50p now and 50p next week for the next 20years

you mention he hasnt done bad since coming from aberdeen

why should have to settle for havent done bad, if your boss aasked you how you done and replied with that, you'd be given the boot if things didnt improve

and another point we did we have to settle for the ceo of the football giants that are Aberdeen, again it just smacks of mediocrity, which is what you get fed by our club week after week, year after year, when is it going to stop

why cant we for once take a chance off the field, try something new, maybe look outside of football for a ceo, just something that doesnt say to you, this is middle of the road.

its breaking my heart to see people in charge of our club, who think mediocrity is fine.

Guest fozzie22

its breaking my heart to see people in charge of our club, who think mediocrity is fine.

This line from wookies post sums things up

I have seen someone on here "celebrate" our last day escapes..sorry thats not something to celebrate,its something to mourn over the mediocre side we have become.

And me and rowlo wasted enough space discussing the "ability2 of wyness,he's a fool(wyness :lol: )a trained chimp could do better than that man.

This line from wookies post sums things up

I have seen someone on here "celebrate" our last day escapes..sorry thats not something to celebrate,its something to mourn over the mediocre side we have become.

And me and rowlo wasted enough space discussing the "ability2 of wyness,he's a fool(wyness :lol: )a trained chimp could do better than that man.

:lol: think that I'm gonna take the 5th amendment on this one!

shut up and put up! :lol:

Guest fozzie22
we all have different views of our club, from first team players boots upto what BKs next show will be called.

but how bored would we be if we were winning every game and gettin massive investment form russian oil tycoons/gangsters? exactly :D

I could cope with it ste :D