IGNORED

Fair Play Place

England will now get another spot in Uefa Cup though the fair play tables. We currently sit behind Man City, with 0.5 points in it. This could be another way into europe if we keep our heads but fail to get the points against the barcodes. You loose 3 points for a red, 1 point for a yellow, but you can gain upto 10 points for not conceding any cards, you can also obtain points for respect shown to opposition and respect shown to officials.

I would hardly relsih going into euorpe through this but now its is a real option. The stupid thing is that Fulham are actually in with a good shout to get through with this as well.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlay...,,12306,00.html

It's a place in the first qualifying round though, which is effectively no different from the Intertoto. Win one game and you're in the second qualifying round.

A point on Sunday saves us six games because we'll go straight into the first round proper.

Looking at that League imagine Fulham got in!

Ipswich qualified by this route and got relegated. They qualified for the fair play league by making the fewest tackles, and got relegated for the same reason. It's a joke.

Hopefully, the Man. City players will want to show lots of committment to impress whoever will be their new manager, and so loads of tackles flying in and maybe a few yellow cards.

A surprise (to me, at least):

Sunderland having the best-behaved team officials - maybe ol' Roy really has mellowed a bit

Boro showing the least respect for their opponents - definitely not who I would have guessed

Not a surprise:

Arsenal leading in the "positive play" category

Chelsea ranking dead last in "respect towards referees"

Its official England secured a Uefa Cup place via the fair play league. Thats fantastic for the country and great for Everton FC. The icing on the cake would be to qualify for Europe tomorrow. However its a nice feeling going into our last home game of the season knowing whatever happens theres a place waiting for us in next years Uefa Cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7292892.stm

However its a nice feeling going into our last home game of the season knowing whatever happens theres a place waiting for us in next years Uefa Cup.

Would be a nice feeling if it were true and it meant anything....but it isn't and it doesn't. Man City will very likely get it, and even if we did get it it's no better than the Intertoto place we're already assured of.....six games to reach the first round proper either way, so it changes absolutely nothing for us.

Edited by MikeO

However its a nice feeling going into our last home game of the season knowing whatever happens theres a place waiting for us in next years Uefa Cup.

Would be a nice feeling if it were true and it meant anything....but it isn't and it doesn't. Man City will very likely get it, and even if we did get it it's no better than the Intertoto place we're already assured of....

I didn't know City had leap frogged us in the fair play league, good for them. Thankyou for pointing that out. As I said sometime ago the last time I recall a fair place being available City where the beneficiaries. But we are going into the last game of the season assured of a route into next seasons Uefa cup and it is a nice feeling thankyou.

Edited by EvilG

That table still hasn't been updated for this week (as of Monday morning Chicago time) and hasn't been audited for last week. I think Fulham might do better then some expect. They at least have stability going through the summer and if they made it in, they have enough money to bring in a bit of quality. Who knows what city will look like come August.

Interesting to watch it develop anyways.