217 replies to this topic

#161 jofanon

jofanon

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 08:33

I hope Jo watched the cup game last night and saw the commitment and attitude that is required from him.

#162 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 08:43

I hope Jo watched the cup game last night and saw the commitment and attitude that is required from him.

He came on the pitch at half-time...so he knows :) .

#163 Sprooly

Sprooly

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 08:48

who needs jo? lol we have danny boy!

#164 BlueBri

BlueBri

BlueBri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 11:25

Firstly, thanks to the City fans who have registered to bring their thoughts. Always a pleasure to hear what other teams fans think, adds perpective.

I personally think Jo could be a runaway success. He was one of Moyes top targets. You have to remember that we were priced out as big money backers came into the market and prices were inflated. I mean come on guys, how much for Bellamy and 100 million for Kaka??? I'm glad he turned that down, that would have been the death of football.

We have missed a big imposing Centre Forward and he could fill that gap well, especially with our wide players. I know he probably won't play that way as he is more of a striker, but if he stays, think about him and the Yak up front. If he can master the classic Centre Forward role, Yak is very good at finding space and shows good movement. Could be a match made in heaven.

#165 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 11:29

We already have too many strikers playing at the moment . Moyes bought him to fill in for midfield :lol:

#166 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 12:15

He came on the pitch at half-time...so he knows :) .

I thought that was a little embarrassing tbh.

#167 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 12:24

I thought that was a little embarrassing tbh.

In what way Mark....it's pretty standard routine isn't it?

#168 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 12:25

In what way Mark....it's pretty standard routine isn't it?

How many clubs parade a loan signing? That's what was embarrassing for me. If it'd been a permanent signing then that's absolutely fine.

#169 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 15:27

How many clubs parade a loan signing? That's what was embarrassing for me. If it'd been a permanent signing then that's absolutely fine.

I look at it as more of a chance for him to say hello , and vice versa :)

Edited by efctaxi, 05 Feb 2009 - 15:28.

#170 jofanon

jofanon

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 15:33

It wasn't perading at all.

Its typical Moyes genius.

He get's to feel like one of the boys and he says the desire that the other players have.

I think its a very astute thing to do.

It says to Jo "you are one on the boys now and part of the team, look at how much they want to succeed".

He is a clever man Moyesy.

#171 c1982

c1982

COYB!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 17:04

Did noone notice him trip when he stepped onto the pitch?

Citeh fans said he went down too easily but fair play to the lad, he stayed on his feet!

#172 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 17:06

Did noone notice him trip when he stepped onto the pitch?

Citeh fans said he went down too easily but fair play to the lad, he stayed on his feet!

I thought it was the aroma from those red socks that startled him :lol:

#173 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 06 Feb 2009 - 15:42

http://www.evertonfc...ring-to-go.html

I'm warming to him.

#174 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 06 Feb 2009 - 15:51

http://www.evertonfc...ring-to-go.html

I'm warming to him.

Can't really like or dislike him at the moment because we haven't seen him play. He's been making the right noises suggesting he's going to be a valuable team member but until tomorrow we can't know 100% if he's the man Everton need. Let's just wait and see.

:)

#175 Glenda MCFC

Glenda MCFC

Daniel Amokachi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 Feb 2009 - 21:04

ok i am a city fan, but im only on here to tell you about JO.

ok here goes

jo is one of worst players i have ever seen play for city and we have had a lot of bad players in the past

1. he spends more time on the floor than on the ground he is very week for his size
2. i dont know why everyone thinks he is fast, because he always looks like he needs a rocket up his arse
3. for a big lad he is a bad header of the ball.
4. he is terible for making runs.
5. he does pointless back heels and flicks that rarely come off
6. and he has had many chances to score but has only scored 3 goals this season

i hope he does well for you because he is still a city player and i dont think everton have an option to buy him
but i carnt see him scoring more than 5 goals to be honest

ps you would have been better of getting ched evans or benjani on loan

Absolute nonsense !! Jo is a teriffic player but MH has not given him a chance in this side. Personally I think Jo going to Everton is a brilliant move because I believe Moyes will bring out the best of him, and he is a great player, holds the ball up (a problem we have at City because they are all midgets), gets where he needs to be etc. The kid needs Prem experience and confidence and Moyes will give him tht. I really hope he does good for you guys ..

#176 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,505 posts

Posted 06 Feb 2009 - 21:08

Thanks for the info Glenda, can you put us right on why you call your neighbours RAGS. ???

#177 Glenda MCFC

Glenda MCFC

Daniel Amokachi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 Feb 2009 - 21:24

Thanks for the info Glenda, can you put us right on why you call your neighbours RAGS. ???

Ha ha there are numerous "urban myths" about that .. one of the popular ones is about the shirt borrowing ... But you will always find a blue telling you the Rags are not from Manchester. Old Trafford is not in Manchester - the suggestion is to call them Stretford United ha ha .. good place to have some banter is bluemoon ...

#178 Blue 250

Blue 250

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 06 Feb 2009 - 21:51

From the you tube clips I notice that he's happy with penalties, that for a start is pretty handy in the team at the moment, can't be too much longer before we get another one (penalty).
If he's brilliant for us, but City want him back....... <_< could we not give Vic some samba lessons and put some beads in his hair....and, well you know the rest :rolleyes:

#179 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,505 posts

Posted 06 Feb 2009 - 21:55

"Stretford United"

We'll probably have the redshite calling us Kirkby Wanderers. :o if the stadium move goes ahead.

#180 Glenda MCFC

Glenda MCFC

Daniel Amokachi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 Feb 2009 - 21:58

From the you tube clips I notice that he's happy with penalties, that for a start is pretty handy in the team at the moment, can't be too much longer before we get another one (penalty).
If he's brilliant for us, but City want him back....... <_< could we not give Vic some samba lessons and put some beads in his hair....and, well you know the rest :rolleyes:

Have you seen the clips on you tube with him playing for Brazil ? The lad is class ... just needs experience in the PL and his confidence building. TBH I'm pretty gutted about him going but I do think Moyes will bring out the best in him. What happens after the loan is anyones guess ?? I'd like him back at City but i'm not the manager !!

#181 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 Feb 2009 - 00:09

Ha ha there are numerous "urban myths" about that .. one of the popular ones is about the shirt borrowing ... But you will always find a blue telling you the Rags are not from Manchester. Old Trafford is not in Manchester - the suggestion is to call them Stretford United ha ha .. good place to have some banter is bluemoon ...

Just a pity there are so many kiddy comments on there when we visit . For every 1 sensible constructive comment , there are at least 3 by total prats . Already lost interest in their site after a few visits . <_<

#182 Glenda MCFC

Glenda MCFC

Daniel Amokachi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 Feb 2009 - 01:30

Just a pity there are so many kiddy comments on there when we visit . For every 1 sensible constructive comment , there are at least 3 by total prats . Already lost interest in their site after a few visits . <_<

Yes .. unfortunatly we have been inundated with WUM's, RAGS, and every other imaginable imbicile these past few weeks putting in their two penneth worth - normally a load of dross - but get through that and it's decent stuff. They are getting filtered out !!

#183 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,032 posts

Posted 07 Feb 2009 - 16:57

happy with jo today. not seen any of the game as i couldnt find a link, but two dbut goals, happy days!

#184 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 07 Feb 2009 - 19:49

He was brilliant Steve, absolutely brilliant. If that's what he's going to give week in week out I'll happily eat my words about him.

#185 jack cookson

jack cookson

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 Feb 2009 - 21:21

I know its only his first game and i may be jumping the gun, but if he continues to do well I hope there is some deal at the end of it. It will be gutting having to give him back at the end of the season. If we havent got an agreement to buy (which it seems from all reports is the case) we dont stand a chance of keeping him. Some other club will prob snap him up - can't see him wanting to return to city unless hughes goes.

#186 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • 13,611 posts

Posted 07 Feb 2009 - 21:25

He was brilliant Steve, absolutely brilliant. If that's what he's going to give week in week out I'll happily eat my words about him.

Quite possibly, the most positive post you have ever made. ;)

Posted Image

No one has criticised him for wearing (black gloves? not in photo) and a body warmer yet!

#187 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 07 Feb 2009 - 21:35

No one has criticised him for wearing (black gloves? not in photo) and a body warmer yet!

He can wear a wooly muffler and a mink codpiece and no-one will complain if he keeps scoring Louis :P !

#188 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 08 Feb 2009 - 09:54

-From a Bolton Forum

J has signed for everton on loan for the rest of the season.....hope he dosnt get off to a flier against us this weekend???

great news for us, hope he plays he's effin garbage!

He's better than your defence mate :rolleyes:

#189 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 08 Feb 2009 - 11:13

Posted Image
Anyone bet :)

#190 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,505 posts

Posted 08 Feb 2009 - 11:45

you would have lost ...................... Arteta got the 1st. :D

#191 Guest_Reg Reagan_*

Guest_Reg Reagan_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 Feb 2009 - 14:01

well i didnt bet on him to be the first scorer and other then that all i can say he is impressive. but i will have to see how he goes through to the end of the season.

#192 dmac

dmac

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 Feb 2009 - 16:50

I know its only his first game and i may be jumping the gun, but if he continues to do well I hope there is some deal at the end of it. It will be gutting having to give him back at the end of the season. If we havent got an agreement to buy (which it seems from all reports is the case) we dont stand a chance of keeping him. Some other club will prob snap him up - can't see him wanting to return to city unless hughes goes.

there might be an option to buy

http://msnsport.skys...4891550,00.html

moyesy seams to think so anyway :)

#193 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 09 Feb 2009 - 16:49

The 3-0 win over Bolton saw J become the first Blues player to score two goals on their dbut since Tony Cottee in 1988.Not only that, but his last-minute penalty meant Everton fans witnessed two different players score from the spot in open play in the same game for the first time in the Club's history.J is the fourth striker in four years to score on his senior Everton dbut, following James Vaughan, Andrew Johnson and Yakubu.

Smashed a few records for us against Bolton.
Full Story

#194 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 10 Feb 2009 - 11:46

Lets not get too carried away with this lad although first signs are very good. He went through a torrid time at Citeh, I'm sure that Sparky could see he was under performing. Moyes has a talent for bring people like this through, look at Mikel, Timmy, Jags and Lescott. No prem club was prepared to take a chance with them yet each could walk into most Prem side now.

I hope that J does succeed as it will be a blessing in the long term. The lad himself has said all the right things following his dbut, if he falls in love with GP and us lot he will want to stay. I cannot believe that there is not deal in place for a season end transfer, whats the point of signing him, we are not a kindergarten for a team many places below us in the league

What does concern me is the fact that if J suddenly starts cracking goals in all over the place who will the Arabs look to as a successor to Hughes in the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B) <_<

Edited by Jimmy the blue, 10 Feb 2009 - 11:49.

#195 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 10 Feb 2009 - 11:50

Lets not get too carried away with this lad although first signs are very good. He went through a torrid time at Citeh, I'm sure that Sparky could see he was under performing. Moyes has a talent for bring people like this through, look at Mikel, Timmy, Jags and Lescott. No prem club was prepared to take a chance with them yet each could walk into most Prem side now.

I hope that J does succeed as it will be a blessing in the long term. The lad himself has said all the right things following his dbut, if he falls in love with GP and us lot he will want to stay. I cannot believe that there is not deal in place for a season end transfer, whats the point of signing him, we are not a kindergarten for a team many places below us in the league

What does concern me is the fact that if J suddenly starts cracking goals in all over the place who will the Arabs look to as a successor to Hughes in the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B) <_<

I agree with you completely Jimmy, but the problem is I can't see Man City letting him go for a decent price to us, I think we'd have to offload somebody like Yakubu in order to fund the move...

#196 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 10 Feb 2009 - 11:52

I agree with you completely Jimmy, but the problem is I can't see Man City letting him go for a decent price to us, I think we'd have to offload somebody like Yakubu in order to fund the move...

or Vic <_<

#197 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 10 Feb 2009 - 11:54

With the money that Manchester City paid for him I can't see him coming to us cheap. We need to start making plans on how to raise the money. If selling Yakubu is the option then so be it. Before he was injured he was just as shite and we were all calling for him to be dropped, J would be a good replacement and one who has already proved he can score goals. His performances for CSKA & his dbut shows how good he can be.

I hope Hughes does let him come as it would be the right thing to do, just with what they paid for him it could be easier said than done. It's not impossible though, if we want him enough and he wants to stay then Manchester might just have to sell.

#198 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 10 Feb 2009 - 11:59

With the money that Manchester City paid for him I can't see him coming to us cheap. We need to start making plans on how to raise the money. If selling Yakubu is the option then so be it. Before he was injured he was just as shite and we were all calling for him to be dropped, J would be a good replacement and one who has already proved he can score goals. His performances for CSKA & his dbut shows how good he can be.

I hope Hughes does let him come as it would be the right thing to do, just with what they paid for him it could be easier said than done. It's not impossible though, if we want him enough and he wants to stay then Manchester might just have to sell.

Dark do you think there's any chance that Man City would do a swap deal with J for Yakubu?

#199 DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 Feb 2009 - 12:06

Lets not forget that its likely that city will bring in a host of quality signings in the summer so he may not exactly go on the cheap but i think they would let him gor for 10million maybe

#200 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 10 Feb 2009 - 12:12

Now that is an interesting question TC. It's a deal that I would be happy to do, Yakubu can go for me, he's not been performing well this season and we can see his lazyness coming through. He's done it other clubs such as Middlesbrough and Portsmouth and its starting to happen here, a swap would be a good thing.

Let's look at the Manchester City strike-force;

-Bojinov
-Robinhio
-Vassell
-Caiecido
-Evans
-Benjani
-Sturridge
-Bellamy

Thats the strikers that City currenly have in their first team. Bojinov, Robinhio and Bellamy are the only one's that I would call 'decent' Vassell has had his time and will probably retire where he is, Evans is still a young lad along with Sturridge. Caiecido I don't know enough about and Benjani isn't that good of a player. He's been over-looked at both Pompy & City now. He's not for the Premiership.]

From this, they have three good strikers, strikers that could probably fit into any team (especially Robinhio & Bellamy) so they would welcome another. One with experiance in the Premier League and one who on paper can score goals - Yakubu.

We all know what he's like, he's played for us. We know him inside and out. IMO he would be better off at City and would work well in a swap deal. With a little bit of persuasion I think City would actually accept. Hope it works out :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users