IGNORED

Yobo Not Going To Olympics

It probably would have been a good thing for Yobo to be missing tbh. That way Baines could have cemented his place at LB before Yobo came back.

I don't agree with that. Moyes will have a big problem in who to select for the central defensive pair this coming season, Yobo missing the early part of the season would give him the perfect excuse to put Jags/Lescott as a pair - which in my view is a mistake as Yobo is our best central defender. Lescott does a very good job at LB, that's not to say I don't like the look of Baines - but if he wants to play then he has to perform. Competition is healthy. Plus with the extra height we should have in the team (midfield/attack) due to signings then I think Moyes will be able to play Baines next season anyway, if he's better than Lescott at LB (who just won our player of the season in that position).

I'd argue that Yobo, Lescott and Jags were 3 of our best players last season, Baines is going to have to be pretty damn good to improve on those 3 as a unit.

well really we could work with a 5

-----------YOBO------JAGS------LESCOTT------------

-NEVILE----------------------------------------BAINES--

The way this would work is with nevile and baines providing width as we have a lack of wide players generaly at the club and they could do decent jobs down the wings

but then when were really under the preassure baines and nevile sit in to make a back 4 and then bring jags out into more or a carsley role sitting infront of the 4

That would be a nice experiment in pre season

well really we could work with a 5

-----------YOBO------JAGS------LESCOTT------------

-NEVILE----------------------------------------BAINES--

The way this would work is with nevile and baines providing width as we have a lack of wide players generaly at the club and they could do decent jobs down the wings

but then when were really under the preassure baines and nevile sit in to make a back 4 and then bring jags out into more or a carsley role sitting infront of the 4

That would be a nice experiment in pre season

Sounds good on paper but I seriously don't like 352/532, it just doesn't work effectively either defensively or offensively. There's possibly no harm in trying it pre-season, but I'd rather we stick with 451 or look to bring in the players for 442. Wouldn't totally surprise me to see one of the 3 CBs given a go at RB again during pre-season.

I think Jags should play in Carsley's role and let Baines have a chance, he hasnt had a chance really. Play Neville on the right and Yobo with Lescott in the middle. And i think Moyes has refused to let Yobo go meself after all the trouble last time. But im not complainin havin him fit for the start of the season will be good he is a brill defender like.