IGNORED

Everton Quotes

Louis

I don't know how this will take off but here's an idea for a thread.. list a quote about the club..

I'll begin:

"We owe a great deal to Everton. No matter where they play , and no matter how badly placed in the league table they always manage to serve up football of the highest scientific order. Everton always worship at the shrine of craft and science and never do forget the standard of play they set out to achieve." - England international Steve Bloomer, 1928

"I made my début at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it."

Alan Harper

People ask me if that 60-goal record will ever be beaten. I think it will. But there’s only one man who’ll do it. That’s that feller who walks on the water.

Dixie Dean

Not sure what kind of recption this will get but Bill Shanklys quotes always make me laugh ...

'If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains'

Two good ones here

Football was never the same for me after I left Everton and although I always wanted to win, losing never really seemed to hurt anymore."

Kevin Ratcliffe

"Everton are a bigger club than Liverpool. Everywhere you go on Merseyside you bump into Everton supporters."

Graeme Souness

"I usually just put one finger up signaling a goal, but, it being the kop end, two fingers automatically went up. I got hauled up in front of the FA and I was like Ted Rogers trying to go from two fingers to one and trying to convince them it wasn't a v-sign."

Kevin Sheedy

"Andy Gray is an ugly b****** in the morning and I can vouch for that because I've slept with him a few times."

John Bailey

"I'd break every bone in my body for any club I play for but I'd die for Everton"

Dave Hickson

This quote is not from anyone famous. But it means a hell of a lot to me.

"Here were are son, your first pair of football boots and blue Everton socks and shirt to go with them. Get rid of that old red rag you wear at school"

My Dad to me about 45 years ago.

Also another one he said that made me cry happily.

"Here you are son, your first Everton season ticket" (1966 Lower Bullens Road Stand... I still have it in a drawer)

I don't know how this will take off but here's an idea for a thread.. list a quote about the club..

I'll begin:

"We owe a great deal to Everton. No matter where they play , and no matter how badly placed in the league table they always manage to serve up football of the highest scientific order. Everton always worship at the shrine of craft and science and never do forget the standard of play they set out to achieve." - England international Steve Bloomer, 1928

This is the deal of the century.

Mr Blobby

I'll begin:

The money is Ring-Fenced.

BK

We spent last night listening to Liverpool football team on the radio, wanting them to win so badly. Paul supports Liverpool. He was Everton for a while because of his family - but it's all Liverpool now.

Linda McCartney....ages ago,

I support them both. Here's the deal: my father was born in Everton, my family are officially Evertonians, so if it comes down to a derby match or a crunch or an FA Cup final between the two, I would have to support Everton....they are both great teams. But if it comes to the crunch, I'm Evertonian.

Paul McCartney....today.

I will never, ever forget the Everton fans. The support I have received from the people of Liverpool is special. Everton fans are part of my blood because of the way they have stood by me. Their loyalty to me is one of the main reasons why I love Everton so much.

the legend that is Duncan Ferguson