IGNORED

Uefa Cup Money

apparently we only got £400k for getting to the last 16 of the UEFA cup concidering man u got almost 33m for winning CL.

i think u get more money for reaching the group stages in CL than actually winning the UEFA cup

the FA say they want to bridge the gap between the "top 4" and the rest ov the league, y dnt they start wiv this??

But it will be no change for a while as I think I read somewhere that the current prize money structure is set until around 2010?

One thing is for sure though, the perennial qualifiers around Europe will fight tooth and nail to hang on to there supersize portions of pie!

Guest once-a-blue!
apparently we only got £400k for getting to the last 16 of the UEFA cup concidering man u got almost 33m for winning CL.

i think u get more money for reaching the group stages in CL than actually winning the UEFA cup

the FA say they want to bridge the gap between the "top 4" and the rest ov the league, y dnt they start wiv this??

Considering what you had to do to get to the last 16, £400,000 seems a bit on the high side. Now that there are one hell of a lot of second grade teams in the CL what does that leave for the UEFA Cup? Be honest when you look down the list of all the teams in next seasons UEFA Cup do you know who they are? The competition is a lower grade than the Carling Cup as the top teams don't compete.

Considering what you had to do to get to the last 16, £400,000 seems a bit on the high side. Now that there are one hell of a lot of second grade teams in the CL what does that leave for the UEFA Cup? Be honest when you look down the list of all the teams in next seasons UEFA Cup do you know who they are? The competition is a lower grade than the Carling Cup as the top teams don't compete.

Another load of bollocks from once-a-blue!!!! To get to the last 16 we had to play 8 games some of which were against decent teams not just against teams noone's ever heard of!!

Yes I accept the standard is lower than in the Champion's league but how can they justify the winners Zenit earning $7.7m when Dynamo Kiev lost all 6 of their CL group games receiving $9m. Basically £400'000 in football these days isn't a lot and when the scum over the park get 50 times as much for reaching the last 8 of albeit a better competition then something needs sorting as it's only gonna get worse!!

I guess the easy way is for us to kick the red shite out and finish 4th ourselves :D

If I was more of a cynic I would suggest that the disparity is all to do with UEFA wanting to create a separate tier of teams, far wealthier and stronger than any of the other teams in the domestic league, to eventually justify the creation of a European league.

Then why did UEFA work to disband the G14 and succeed?

Another load of bollocks from once-a-blue!!!! To get to the last 16 we had to play 8 games some of which were against decent teams not just against teams noone's ever heard of!!

Yes I accept the standard is lower than in the Champion's league but how can they justify the winners Zenit earning $7.7m when Dynamo Kiev lost all 6 of their CL group games receiving $9m. Basically £400'000 in football these days isn't a lot and when the scum over the park get 50 times as much for reaching the last 8 of albeit a better competition then something needs sorting as it's only gonna get worse!!

I guess the easy way is for us to kick the red shite out and finish 4th ourselves :D

Evening chaps,

Is there a link/website showing how much each team earnt in Europe last season?