IGNORED

Keith Wyness Has Quit!

Louis

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, they've timed the moyes contract news well. That couldn't possibly be an attemtped pick me up.

I have mixed feelings around Wyness, im glad he has gone becasue of his strong ties with Kirkby, but the problem is that he should be sorting out transfers and we simply don't have any time to lose in the window now and its event like this that will really screw us over.

I was just starting to think that things were looking up transfer wise, guess we're pretty much back at the starting blocks again....

Imagine this scenario in the Boardroom...... BK is and has been for some time asking DM when he is going to sign his contract DMs reply is ..when you come up with some cash to buy the players i need.

Wyness is telling both that the affordable transfer budget is only 15m and if you want anymore you will have to sell to aquire it, no contract is signed and Andrew johnson is sold to boost the budget.

Wyness now with £ signs spinning around in his head will allow only half to go to the budget and the rest to be filtered into the Club accounts, no contract is signed and Moyes threatens to walk out, BK sitting stony faced taking everything in and not wanting to lose the best manager we have had in 25 years decides in favour of DM, telling Wyness that all the money should go to the manager for team strengthening. Wyness throws a wobbly and walks out.

The following day an announcement from the club to say DM IS VERY CLOSE TO SIGNING HIS CONTRACT, and expects to do so in the next two weeks. Which is of course when the season starts, and by then he will have either got the players he wants and will sign, OR the promise has'nt been honoured and he has,nt got the funds or the players he wants.

In either case we should know in a fortnights time if he is staying or going. Intrigue of the highest order. :)

Guest brazil banks

I have a feeling that it's a combination of factors already stated here. I think the idea that he's walked away before the stadium move gets called in is a good shout. I also think that Kenwright will have seen the sense in backing Moyes. I would imagine it's easier to get a Wyness replacement than a Moyes replacement.

The Moyes contract statement is an interesting one and I think it serves a dual purpose. Of course they'd want to get the news out to calm things down a bit and offer some good news in the wake of the Wyness exit. But I also think that it might be an indication of Moyes' confidence in his transfer activity. It's pretty well accepted that he's been waiting for confirmation of transfer funds before signing anything. I think that this could mean he's been given the go ahead. Anyone who thinks Everton are flailing around in the transfer market, chasing after players like a dog after a car, is a fool. It doesn't work like that. Moyes is a clever man and he knows what he wants. I think we'll be seeing that soon enough.

I have to say that at the moment I'm absolutely shitting myself at the situation that Everton are in atm. I'm worried that we have nothing to spend so we won't get the players in that we need and we'll lose Moyes at the end of the season. Worst case scenario I know, but I'm struggling to see any good at Everton right now :(

Looking between the lines KW has been the blocker on the transfer front, hopefully Kirkby has fell through and its all come to a head. Much rather have cash in the bank buy a team thats worthy of a top of the range stadium then move to somewhere actually in the City. I do think KW wanted the money to push Kirkby through, hopefully we stay at Goodison for now.

Looking between the lines KW has been the blocker on the transfer front, hopefully Kirkby has fell through and its all come to a head. Much rather have cash in the bank buy a team thats worthy of a top of the range stadium then move to somewhere actually in the City. I do think KW wanted the money to push Kirkby through, hopefully we stay at Goodison for now.

What money in the bank? I dont know but "reading between the lines" as you put it ALL our money is borrowed as we are told everyday by the likes of KEIOC...

That money would be borrowed, in the future of course, against brick & morter and possibly increaed revenues at our new ground.......

Why do you alll asume that now all that money earmarked for project Kirkby will fall in DM's lap...........

Have you ever thought that we really really could be flat broke.... Im sure you dont re-mortgage every asset if you have millions in the bank and if, as expected project kirkby falls through, maybe just baybe we wont see all these stars coming to play for are great club...

DM, what you have to consider is this current climate won't allow or generate 100% loans/mortgages using collateral, there has to be a deposit or contribution from the loanee. That is what wyness wanted, surplus monies to secure more finances towards kirkby. Moyes wanted the money for players.

The debts incurred at the moment would double in kirkby.

Wow this is shock news when my brother told me that i was very shocked... but I think its for the best but hes left us in the lerch hasn't he :(. I think thats quite strange aswell that the day KW leaves Moyes is putting pen to paper in the next 24 hours.

Also strange that this same scenario happend in Aberdeen and he left through the same circumstances.

just had a text saying same thing, no confirmation though,how did you hear?

I received an email about it.

Interesting tidbit - St Modwens are also standing off against Tesco, Tesco threatened to pull out of the Project Jennifer redevelopment if St Modwens opposed Kirkby. St Modwens also did a development in Skelmersdale which would be effected if Destination Kirkby goes ahead.

St Modwens have now booted Tesco out of the Project Jennifer project because of the threats and Tesco are saying they won't let them to choose another Supermarket because they own some of the land.

It's all coming to a head - it's quite exciting! :D

Money wise all the noise coming out of Everton is we will make signings soonest and 20 m on Moutinho will seem nothing, that's were I get reading between the lines DM.

Seems funny KW quits now all we hear is all the money we got to spend? I am only speculating like most people on this site and having my tuppence worth. I don't know if we have a pot to piss in or what, but lets be honest Everton have been buying players on the never never for years. Were not exactly in the Leeds situation just yet.

Does sound a bit as though an ultamatum may have been given by Wyness, and BK told him to do one.

I don't know where this leaves us in terms of new players, ground etc, but the club are going to have to pull their fingers out of their collective arse if we're to get off to the right start in the next couple of weeks.

SSN after the break, they will be trying to get to the bottom of whats going on a GP.

showed removal men putting big chairs into a truck.

i heard today Elstone was taking the CEO job, i was happy with that as i know a lot of the Anti Wyness fellas in the posh seats have a lot of respect for Elstone and his ideas.

been confirmed anywhere that Elstone has left?