IGNORED

Kenwright Assures Fans.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/chai...-statement.html

Whilst I can fully understand the sense of frustration being felt by our supporters in the wake of what some perceive to be a moratorium with regard to the signing of new players, I feel it is important to make a few points.

Our attempts to complete the signings of players we believe will improve the quality of our first-team squad continues on an hourly basis. We have had a budget for incoming transfers since the start of the summer – and that budget is in no way reliant or dependent upon either the proposed relocation of the Club to Kirkby or the sale of current players.

Indeed, any proceeds from outgoing transfers will – you can rest assured – be added to the existing budget to strengthen our manager’s hand as he seeks to enter the transfer market.

David and myself have been trying throughout the close season to sign those players whom he believes will help to improve the squad which achieved so much during the last campaign.

Like everyone connected with Everton Football Club I am desperately keen to see the arrival at Goodison Park of those players our manager would like to see in a blue shirt come next season.

I appreciate that waiting can be hard and that patience is invariably in short supply but we do expect to make signings before the opening of the new Premier League season.

Bill Kenwright

I am assured anyway