17 replies to this topic

#1 Patto

Patto

Time Will Tell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 13:11

players i think should be moved on in the summer,i know you wont all agree. :)

.....leon osman..lacks the pace needed,only has the odd good game.

.....andy van de mayde...injury prone here and in italy,why buy him,

.....dicky wright...what a waste of 4 mill and top wages,move him on.

.....pistone...again injury prone and a waste of good wages.

.....lee carsley..as above plus past his sellbye date.

.....james mcfadden..will never make it in the premier.

.....gary naysmith..needs a change send him back to scotland.

..are you thinking stubs and wier well i actually think they are good squad players.
..sorry if ive offended anyone but its just my opinion :P

#2 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,499 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 13:23

Think i would persevere with McFadden just as a squad player/sub. agree with all the others, tho Stubbs and Wier are coming to their sellby dates. ;)

#3 GoldfishMemory

GoldfishMemory

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 13:34

Surely VDM needs an opportunity to prove himself before making a loss on him! He looks good if he can get fit.

I'm sorry to say but Leon Osman deserves to stay he is a fantastic little player IMO.

#4 rowlo-efc

rowlo-efc

Brian Labone - Last of the Corinthians!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 14:17

Surely VDM needs an opportunity to prove himself before making a loss on him! He looks good if he can get fit.

I'm sorry to say but Leon Osman deserves to stay he is a fantastic little player IMO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Er...can i remind you lot that we have only EVER won a game this season when Osman has played.

He is a good player - he doesn't get the praise he deserves.

He is as skillful as Arteta with his close touches and runs like crazy all game. I think that he is quality and I certainly wouldnt be looking to get rid.

Carsley - give him a break - hes been injured.

Pistone - let him go.
Vdm - he aint played much - but when he has hes been electric, how can you get rid of him - he's the only one with real class and when he plays, you can see that he is that much better than the rest.
Weir & Stubbs - will stay next year i reckon but wont play much.
KIlbane - let him go
McFadden - keep him, but if someone offers goo d money - let him go
Davies - not been up to much, would let him go too.

#5 RuffRob

RuffRob

Peter Reid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 14:38

I would not let any player now go until others have joined the squad.

Davies has been a bit disapointing since he arrived - the odd decent game, but ordinary in the main. Looking for a lot more from him.

Osman should definately stay - has been very good for us both last and this season.

McFadden has shown a lot better this season - so would look for him to improve further next season -

VDM looked good when he has played - and think he can do well for us once fit - lets hope we can get a decent run of games out of him.

#6 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 14:53

i'd like to remind you that at times this season we have only had 13 players fit.

were we to get rid of these 6 players we would probably only get enough money back to buy at the most 2 half decent players.

i don't fancy seeing the davey and the rest of the coaching team putting their boots back on in an unforseen injury crisis next season.

Osman, Mcfadden and VDM should definately be kept for now, VDM has suffered from injuries but if he can over come that then i think he can prove himself. mcfadden has looked better at times especially when he's been up front and until we can replace him with someone else he is needed.

osman has looked sharp when he's played this season and though he's a bit lightweight he has worked hard and looked very good at times.

Carsley also should be kept on 1 year contracts, low wages, good solid player, as long as stays fit he's a good player to keep as back up for neville and to bring on when were hanging on to our usual 1-0 wins.

#7 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,432 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 14:57

Quick glance through the MoM awards on the official site suggests that, other than a couple of early season wins for Phil Neville and two or three for the keepers our outstanding performers this season are..

Arteta
McFadden
Cahill
Yobo
Osman
VDM

....ditching half of them would be a very strange series of decisions.

#8 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,499 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 15:17

Goldfish said........Surely VDM needs an opportunity to prove himself before making a loss on him! He looks good if he can get fit.

And Rowlo said....Vdm - he aint played much - but when he has hes been electric, how can you get rid of him - he's the only one with real class and when he plays, you can see that he is that much better than the rest.

If you look at all the replys about VDM they are all the same, the lads finished, he is a serious sicknote, and god only knows why he was signed by this club.

His record before we signed him was..... appeared in 11 games, either coming on as a sub, or being subbed, but he finished the full 90 mins only 3 times in the whole season. the season befor was similar played five times scored one goal, has been a sicknote for years why do you think nobody else wanted him. Davey could not have made any checks on his form or fitness othewise he should never have signed him.

We have had our quota of games from him this season, dont expect to see him playing much more in the near future.

It really gets up my nose how this clubs tranfer policy seems to be,... sign any fooker on wether he can play or not, we have heard of him, so he must be good, doesnt matter that he cant head a ball, or he's got two broken legs, sign him on and give him a good wage. fookin useless. :angry:

#9 Patto

Patto

Time Will Tell

• Members
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 18:55

so what do we do lads keep inconsistent players/sicknotes on our books coz weve got a small squad,no we replace them with hungry fit players,the players i mentiond are all surplus to requirement,sorry davie has got to get out and buy good players, if hes up to it,for me next season is his final chance to prove hes a top manager :angry:

#10 thebluenose

thebluenose

ALEX:Immortal Justice Lead Guitarist and backing Vocalist

• Members
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 18:58

how can anyone say ossie needs to go. hes been one of our greatest players.

ill keep faddy hes ok for cover

VDM ill keep with.

the rest i agree that they should go

#11 Ian

Ian

Monkey Tennis?

• Members
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 19:45

players i think should be moved on in the summer,i know you wont all agree. :)

.....leon osman..lacks the pace needed,only has the odd good game.

.....andy van de mayde...injury prone here and in italy,why buy him,

.....dicky wright...what a waste of 4 mill and top wages,move him on.

.....pistone...again injury prone and a waste of good wages.

.....lee carsley..as above plus past his sellbye date.

.....james mcfadden..will never make it in the premier.

.....gary naysmith..needs a change send him back to scotland.

..are you thinking stubs and wier well i actually think they are good squad players.
..sorry if ive offended anyone but its just my opinion :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

definatly no to osman, quality player, and disagree with the 'only the odd good game' comment. VDM looks a sick note but looks a quality player, IF and only IF he can keep fit i would keep him.

disagree with carsley being a waste of good wages, hes being a terrific servant to the club over the last few years and give 100%, and scored against the shite! :D ...he is gettin on though like you said

maybe keep mcfly as a squad player but i agree with the rest of them though, we've got to get rid of the dead wood....only trouble is would we bring more in! :(

#12 Claire

Claire

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 21:46

We've got one of the smallest squads in the Premiership so getting rid of players isnt really an option unless good money is offered which i doubt it would be. McFadden and Osman are young players who have improved this season and if they hadnt have been around this season then I seriously think we could have been fighting relegation

As for Naysmith he should stay fo other reasons lol ;)

#13 Patto

Patto

Time Will Tell

• Members
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 22:44

the simple fact that when the next transfer window comes around,no other clubs will be banging on our door to buy the players ive mentioned,tells me they arnt good enough,in fact we may have to give them away for free or very little money.
my problem is ive seen so many very good players i cant accsept 2nd best :)

#14 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,499 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 23:11

Patto said........my problem is ive seen so many very good players i cant accsept 2nd best.

Right, and neither should the club. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Licker.

#15 GoldfishMemory

GoldfishMemory

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 23:55

Doomed, we're all doomed! :lol:

#16 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,499 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2006 - 23:57

Dont panic, dont panic.. :D

#17 Pat

Pat

"Former Coca Cola Yo Yo Championship Runner Up"

• Members
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 04 Mar 2006 - 00:46

Big Prob is replacing them.

#18 Guest_fozzie22_*

Guest_fozzie22_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 Mar 2006 - 02:12

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

VDM is a bad signing IMO..injury prone when he came,and injury prone he has remained

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users