IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Putting in NOTICE, will make people....take, notice, is about the long and short of it.

I never paid much attention to signs.

One of my favorites has to be at level crossings (espeically off road or rural rambling), as in 'Beware of Trains'. Common sense will kick in as soon as you get to the point of rail track and quickly distinguish what is before you, what's these fucking things then? etc, and you can usually hear them approach from some distance away and the driver has to sound his horn before a level crossing after all. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but still, a silly sign I feel.

Furthermore accidents occur due to liquor intoxication, maybe drug use, careless people or just flippant attitudes even. Common sense never killed anyone.

Putting in NOTICE, will make people....take, notice, is about the long and short of it.

I never paid much attention to signs.

Maybe people should write NOTICE in bigger letters for youhuh.png .

I still fail to see this.....if a sign saying "beware of the precipitous cliff" doesn't say "Notice" on it would there be a pile of bodies at the bottom because everyone missed it?

Of course notshaking fist.png .

Which is my point.....it's pointless (unless it's a legal requirement of some sort, in which case the law needs to be changed!).

It's all the Governments fault you know

Furthermore people who 'fall' off cliffs are usually suicide cases, not necessarily members of the public who inadvertently stumble over an edge.

Said it before, putting NOTICE on a Notice does get peoples attention better than an omission of said notice.

It's really quite simple I think. Let's look at it from another angle

Instead of Notice, they should merely put Danger

Often works too, danger of falling rocks on cliff underpasses, danger (or beware of) Bulls even, Danger, being cut off by tide on beaches, Danger, Heavy plant crossing, (and I don't mean a 30 foot tall Rhododendron with a bad attitude), or Danger, of Electrocution, being such examples.

It seems the greater the danger, the greater the need for more prominent signs out and about.

It's really quite simple I think. Let's look at it from another angle

Instead of Notice, they should merely put Danger

Which is my point exactly, "notice" as a collection of six letters doesn't have magic pixie dust on it that makes people look at it. It could just as easily say condom or iguana, and people would be just as likely to see it!

This day in 1985 (August 10) We beat Manchester United to win the Charity Shield, almost made the event our own in the mid 1980s. Can't remember the scorers but we ran out easy 2-0 winners, would have been Linekers first professional game as an Everton player. We were by far the better side of the two that calendar year, but the difference this day was that our players were rested, unlike the FA cup final that we lost in extra time, due to fatigue and too soon after the Cup winners Cup success in Rotterdam.

Today was the 17th anniversary of our Charity Shield Win against Blackburn, Vinny Samways finest hour as an Everton player...

Also, Michael Walsh, former Toffee player, 58 years old today. I remember was a highly anticipated signing at the time but it never worked out for him here, lasted about a season or two if I remember, but still worth a mention I thought. Turned out to be another Beattie or Johnson despite initial hype at time of transfer some may remember.

Today was the 17th anniversary of our Charity Shield Win against Blackburn, Vinny Samways finest hour as an Everton player...

Also, Michael Walsh, former Toffee player, 58 years old today. I remember was a highly anticipated signing at the time but it never worked out for him here, lasted about a season or two if I remember, but still worth a mention I thought. Turned out to be another Beattie or Johnson despite initial hype at time of transfer some may remember.

Nice reminder of the last time we won anything dry.png.

Robert Warzycha, 49 years old today, although some insist, 51 now. Remember when he first arrived like yesterday, but didn't seem to stick around long. Played for Kendall most of the time, the other Mike Walker. Big things were expected from some quarters but I remember standout moments were few and far between.

Replied to this about ten minutes ago, everything went haywire and I lost all my work, the save feature is not evident on this post.

I'll try again and said, that the site went offline about 40 minutes ago, turns out it was a technical issue and nothing nefarious. Apparently someone said that there was an influx of people on the pages that caused a crash, I was not aware of such a thing like this. So my understanding is that, if a certain number of people participate (lurkers and non registered also), this can cause a problem as just recently witnessed and previous encounters also, as this thread demonstrates?

(cut and pasted, into the next relevant thread, as the (I can't even remember the title of it, but it had pleas for site donations), it was in the Everton index page, about site technical issues, it simply won't post in there)

Robert Warzycha, 49 years old today, although some insist, 51 now. Remember when he first arrived like yesterday, but didn't seem to stick around long. Played for Kendall most of the time, the other Mike Walker. Big things were expected from some quarters but I remember standout moments were few and far between.

I beleive Bob the pole was the first foreigner to score in the prem fact fans