IGNORED

Anyone Enjoying Being A Blue Right Now?

jofanon

I am Mike, it's not that I think we could get relegated right now. It wasn't that long ago when most of us (if honest about it) expected that. It's the feeling of being totally let down by the clubs apparent inability or unwillingness to pay the going rate for transfers and players wages.

Over the last few seasons the team have performed better and better on the pitch and have raised everyones expectations, but the continuing sagas this summer with the stadium, Moyes contract, NO new players etc. has left me feeling extremely pessimistic about the future of this club!

Always enjoyed it and always will (sometimes in a masochistic kind of way :lol: ).

Are you really saying iggy that you're more pessimistic than this time in 2004 when we were relegation favourites?

It's good character building :lol:

I am concerned but not as Mike suggests as I was in 2004. The sad thing is though, although we wont be relegated next season (we hope) it appears that we've missed the boat in terms of building on 5th place.

It's very worrying to think the club must be in a much worse state than we realise to be here, 4 days before the season starts and 5 players down on where we were a the end of last season (including wessels admittedly) which was already a threadbare squad and now the Pienaar news.

I was still excited at the weekend thinking 3 or 4 players would be signed this week but as every day goes by it's looking less likely.

Hoping for some good news today (please!!!)

THIS HEADLINE IN THE DAILY POST DOES'NT FILL ME WITH CONFIDENCE FOR THE SEASONS OPENER.

Steven Pienaar injury blow leaves Everton squad TEN players down.

Could be worse Bill, by the end of the week it might be....

Osman injury blow leaves Everton squad down to TEN players.

im not happy at all. it reminds me of that godawful 03/04 season when again we hadnt signed anyone by the start of the season. except then at least we could string a side together.

im not looking forward to the start of the season unless we sign, moutinho, topal, m'bia and love miraculously by tommorow. but hey that aint gonna happen.

They have started a "Bring your boots" campaign on Kipper - tongue in cheek obviously but it displays the level of embarrassment/frustration/anger being felt. I was thinking today things might have been a little easier to stomach if we had kept hold of AJ/Cars, whatever the merits of selling them. With the McFadden money as well, this whole sorry episode stinks to high heaven.

We have been treated like sh*t all summer, and last week's "watch this space" boll0cks was just the latest example. The transfer budget is not dependent on Kirkby, money from sales will be added to an already existing budget, we will not settle for second best etc etc. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

As an Kenwright watcher during his reign at the helm, I should have known that interview last week meant real trouble, but I, as a fool fell for it AGAIN. Every time things threaten to boil over, the tactic is always the same - either arrange an interview to spout further pure and utter bullsh1t or just have stories planted through friendly journos to keep the hoards at bay for a little longer.

I'm sorry lads, I'm not giving a penny more of my hard-earned money towards maintaining this shambles. Everton F.C is my heart and soul, and I will support whoever dons the shirt at all times but for christ sake this is heart-breaking.

And I don't blame Moyes one bit for not signing anything - with this nonsense I wouldn't wither, I honestly cannot believe the level of amateurishness shown in almost every element of the clubs operations since May. It just cruel at this stage.

I dont really come on here that much,I lurk round and read different posts when i do.My dad plays golf with a member of the medical staff at Goodison and told my old man that they're not signing anybody...I hope he's wrong though!with pienaars recent injury and with whats going on at the club its not looking to good.Just thought id share it anyway.

that summer 2004 though, i didn't believe we would be relegated, i had seen enough in 03/04 that we were seriously underperforming and that if we played to our potential we'd be ok.

I'm saying keep the faith.................... or tap up billic/irvine

Edited by Randomness

Anyone enjoying being a blue?

YES I FUCKIN AM, AND ALWAYS WILL

Things are bad but come on lads, like we arnt here every season. We will be alright :D

This is whats seperates us from the rest.

ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE!

From Ian's Heart. (Ian's head is still in the TT Triangle)