IGNORED

Anyone Enjoying Being A Blue Right Now?

jofanon

This has certainly been one of the most testing pre-seasons that we have all had for a long time. Ground decisions, CEO going in mysterious circumstances, lack of signings, injuries, no new Moyes contract.

But here is the thing.

Would you rather that the club is owned by just anyone with loads of money? Would you want to be a City fan?

Do you want to 'do a Chelsea'? Lets face it, wahtever Chelsea win, they will only ever be accused of buying the titles (rightly or wrongly).

And I won't even ask the question of whether you'd prefer to support the other mob.

No, you see, as testing as it is, the fact of the matter is that this marvellous, terrific, institution called Everton Football Club has had to deal with much harder times.

We have one of the best managers around, we have the bulk of players that were responsible for leading us to 5th last season, a semi of the Carling and a decent run in Europe.

We have the likes of Rodwell, Kissock, Gosling and Jose Baxter coming through at minimal cost to us and the greater satisfaction and pride of seeing home grown talent come through (noted that we bought Gosling in) - and make no mistake that the likes of Rodwell and Baxter are good enough.

On top of this we may well still see several, very necessary, signings between now and 31st August.

Is it hard spending every day hitting refresh on too many websites waiting for news, rumours, anything? Yep, but you know that.

But am I enjoying being a Blue?

Every day of my bloody life.

I'll back the players that play for our club, be frustrated at what is going on in terms of kicking on as a club.

But debates about signing players are age old debates in the game. Managers, players, Board members will over varying periods of time come and go.

The fans doesn't change. We don't change. We should be the ones who hold firm more than anyone.

Now stand up, puff your chest out a bit and lets concentrate on ourselves representing our club. A club that we all love dearly. I don't in writing this pick a fight with you all, as any one of you would get a pint out of me if you wanted an hour to chat about past, present or future of the club. I'm just suggesting its time that we just ride this one out a bit more calmly.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum my friends. Now go and hum yourself a favourite Everton song.

This has certainly been one of the most testing pre-seasons that we have all had for a long time. Ground decisions, CEO going in mysterious circumstances, lack of signings, injuries, no new Moyes contract.

But here is the thing.

Would you rather that the club is owned by just anyone with loads of money? Would you want to be a City fan?

Do you want to 'do a Chelsea'? Lets face it, wahtever Chelsea win, they will only ever be accused of buying the titles (rightly or wrongly).

And I won't even ask the question of whether you'd prefer to support the other mob.

No, you see, as testing as it is, the fact of the matter is that this marvellous, terrific, institution called Everton Football Club has had to deal with much harder times.

We have one of the best managers around, we have the bulk of players that were responsible for leading us to 5th last season, a semi of the Carling and a decent run in Europe.

We have the likes of Rodwell, Kissock, Gosling and Jose Baxter coming through at minimal cost to us and the greater satisfaction and pride of seeing home grown talent come through (noted that we bought Gosling in) - and make no mistake that the likes of Rodwell and Baxter are good enough.

On top of this we may well still see several, very necessary, signings between now and 31st August.

Is it hard spending every day hitting refresh on too many websites waiting for news, rumours, anything? Yep, but you know that.

But am I enjoying being a Blue?

Every day of my bloody life.

I'll back the players that play for our club, be frustrated at what is going on in terms of kicking on as a club.

But debates about signing players are age old debates in the game. Managers, players, Board members will over varying periods of time come and go.

The fans doesn't change. We don't change. We should be the ones who hold firm more than anyone.

Now stand up, puff your chest out a bit and lets concentrate on ourselves representing our club. A club that we all love dearly. I don't in writing this pick a fight with you all, as any one of you would get a pint out of me if you wanted an hour to chat about past, present or future of the club. I'm just suggesting its time that we just ride this one out a bit more calmly.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum my friends. Now go and hum yourself a favourite Everton song.

Your now my personal hero.

I DO enjoy being an Evertonian. Its an honour bestowed upon the very few.

Players, managers, money...they all come and go. But being an Evertonian will always be with me.

Amen!

Deffo shortlisted for "Post of the Year" if we ever get around to doing an awards ceremony Phil!

I doff my cap in the direction of the Big Smoke :D .

Can I just clarify one thing...I live down here, have done since 1990 with work. But am from Liverpool and just like to ensure people know that..it keeps me sane in these parts!

if this is an invite phil name the place, i love a free pint.

Damn right I'm enjoying being a Blue. As worried as we are about certain issues right now, at least we know that our club has a responsible owner, a very talented starting XI, a first-rate manager, first-rate training facilities, and as much as we worry about our debt levels we're still in no danger of relegation, administration, or worst of all, liquidation. All of our anxieties are over problems that can and should eventually be fixed - in fact, I think if we were only dealing with one or two of these problems right now we wouldn't be sweating much at all. If the roster's full and everyone's healthy, who really cares if Wyness quits? It's that everything seems to be happening all at once this summer that's got our nerves on edge. But for all that we've been fretting about, would anyone here seriously want to trade places with the fans from City right now, with an indicted owner and frozen assets? Or Fulham, where finishing twelfth in the league is like winning the title? Or Hull, where their biggest hope this season is that they don't break Derby's futility record? Nottingham Forest, where the club's name invokes nothing anymore except faded glories from 30 and 40 years ago? Bournemouth, coming off two straight years of administration and a very real threat of ending up in the conference? Luton, where they're struggling just to survive, never mind compete?

I sure as hell wouldn't. Good times, bad times, any time, I am still Blue to the end.

Can we not get some decent news??? Please!

I am an Evertonian living in Oz and let me tell you the Redshites over here are having a field day with the recent demise of our great club....a couple of seasons ago I recall reading an article which stated we were the 'Sleeping Giant of World Football' due to our clubs progression...But let me tell you right now we should be labelled the 'Sleeping Giant'.

Even if we make signings today..tomorrow..are they expected to just drop in and save the squad?

Something has to happen...and quickly....or we are fooked!

...the Redshites over here are having a field day with the recent demise of our great club....

...steady on Oz lad, to paraphrase Mark Twain, "The reports of our death are greatly exaggerated!"

We have a song over here, "We don't care what the red shite say."

Ignore the sad Norse descended band-wagon jumping bastards and harden the fuck up!

Enjoying be a blue atm. Definitely yes, but its the same old pervert way like always before new season. Hoping for the best, scaring the worst. After this improvement what Mr.Moyes and staff members and lads have done last couple of season, the hopes get higher, of course. Lacking in transfer will make me worry, scary and worry again. We definitely have excellent starting 11, but we need to have it fit and thats the problem atm. Last few weeks has been a life of agony, thinking about possible tranfers at work and hurrying to home to refresh webpages for any news about signings and yes it has been VERY frustrating, But we will see much more at saturday.

Anyway, enyoing to be a blue even atm? Definitely yes.

for the bad times to be this bad, the good times ahead are going to be fucking immense.

Well said. I am honestly enjoying being a blue at the moment, I think as soon as the first few games are out of the way everyone will settle down and realise it wont be as bad as people have been imagining :) .

Still would feel a lot better about being a blue if we made a signing, but hey, Que Sera.

...steady on Oz lad, to paraphrase Mark Twain, "The reports of our death are greatly exaggerated!"

We have a song over here, "We don't care what the red shite say."

Ignore the sad Norse descended band-wagon jumping bastards and harden the fuck up!

Alrice MikeO, i know the song well mate...I am a blue nose scouser through and through...and i never said that i let what them Redshite twats have had to say get to me, i was just saying they were having a field day with our current situation!

I have thick skin and a broad shoulders having been a blue for life so it takes a bit more than them Norse descended band-wagon jumping bastards to get this blue nose worried!

COYB

I always enjoy being a blue with along with that enjoyment i find myself frustrated with the clubs lack inability to build and improve our situation which, in turn, lessens the enjoyment.

It's fine balancing act for us blues that i'm guessing none of us would change.

Never a dull day!!!

Could not imagine living my life supporting another team. I love the massive rollercoaster that we all ride year after year. We might come out bruised at the end of it but tell me you haven't loved it.

We support a truly special club lads.

"I'd break every bone in my body for any club I play for but I'd die for Everton"

Dave Hickson

we all moan about no-body coming in but we will all be there hearts in our mouths come 3pm sat. i am and always will be enjoying being a blue regardless of who comes in. but i do really feel like we will struggle this year with the current crop in at the mo a few injury's and where down to about 8 senior players, its a grey day, and to top it all off the efc site hasn't changed since yesterday dinner time. what are they waiting for?? i knew all this crap with the new stadium would have some outcome on the in's this summer so all you who sat there fighting with keioc well done sit down and pat yourself on the back. i dont really care if you all want to have a go at me.

Edited by gaz efc

What I do when I'm feeling particularly pessimistic is take a look at the bookies odds.

These are the people whose job it is (and whose livelihood depends on) looking totally objectively at the situation and deciding who is going to do what over the season. They're not affected by emotional reactions but purely by the bottom line.

They all still have us roughly on a par with Villa behind only Spurs in the "without the top four" odds, but unanimously ahead of City, Pompey and the rest.

In the UEFA Cup we're behind only Milan, Spurs, Valencia and Seville (and any dropping Champs league club) but well ahead of the likes of Ajax, Deportivo, Hamburg, Sampdoria, Benfica & Feyenoord etc etc.

Doesn't look half so bad when you look at it like that imo.

Makes me feel better anyway :) .

It's a good post by Mike and a good strategy.

The fact we are only behind a few (very strong) clubs in UEFA Cup is partly a reflection of the power/money of the Prem and the fact that English bookies offer shorter odds on our clubs as they know that people will back with heart (bookies are risk managers in essence) but it is undoubtedly encouraging and should encourage all to keep perspective.

Players will arrive.