IGNORED

Moyes To Go!

He will not sign till he has enough players to cope with a hectic season, if he walks it will be on the 1st of September when the window has closed and no players have signed. We still have 18/19 days to go before that happens, but it is looking very very grim indeed..

I don't think Moyes would leave... Will most likely see out his contract, then bolt. Hopefully BK opens up his wallet and splashes the cash, or things could turn nasty. Well actually not really BK's wallet, more or so the Wallet that Moyes has built, that has to be one frustrated man.

This is what it said two weeks ago but the bottom line is the crucial part of this interview. ..................

Everton manager David Moyes is "very close" to signing a new contract with the club and expects to do so within the next fortnight.

Moyes, 45, admits that trying to sign new players recently has delayed him from agreeing terms on a new deal.

"I want the best for Everton and don't want to let the players down," he said.

"I have told them that there will be more players coming to help them along the way. I want to make sure that is done before anything else."

He wont sign till the players are in, If the window closes and he has no players he will walk.

Thing is, Moyes goes but where is he going to go? There are no high profile jobs available for him to walk out because he doesn't have the players.

Plus, everyone is overly emotional about lack of signings so there is a lot of bullshit flying about.

As a matter of fact, ther is talk of Querioz leaving Man Utd and Sir Alex won't be around forever. Sir Alex is a HHHUUUGE admirer of Moyes and they apparently talk to each other regulalry. The pull of Man Utd could be too hard to resisit if our Boardroom don't pull a rabbit out of the hat. I agree that there is a lot of bullshit flying around, but it must be said that the conspicuous absence, AGAIN, of transfer activity, Wyness walking out, Kenwright mumbling about moving out if a decent takeover came in and the stadium being pulled in for inquiry, it pretty dire.

I don't believe for a minute Moyes wants to go, he has built a formidable team that has performed and is improving, and all on a shoestring with seriously inept backroom support. But would you stay with all this hit going on year after year. It is becoming as regular as pantomime, or id that what Kenwright is after. OOOHHH no he isn't, OHHH yes hes is. (Sorry).

As a matter of fact, ther is talk of Querioz leaving Man Utd and Sir Alex won't be around forever. Sir Alex is a HHHUUUGE admirer of Moyes and they apparently talk to each other regulalry. The pull of Man Utd could be too hard to resisit if our Boardroom don't pull a rabbit out of the hat. I agree that there is a lot of bullshit flying around, but it must be said that the conspicuous absence, AGAIN, of transfer activity, Wyness walking out, Kenwright mumbling about moving out if a decent takeover came in and the stadium being pulled in for inquiry, it pretty dire.

I don't believe for a minute Moyes wants to go, he has built a formidable team that has performed and is improving, and all on a shoestring with seriously inept backroom support. But would you stay with all this hit going on year after year. It is becoming as regular as pantomime, or id that what Kenwright is after. OOOHHH no he isn't, OHHH yes hes is. (Sorry).

If someone wanted to pay me £3m a year of course a I would stay and put up with the media hype and pressure :D Incidentally what is Moyes currently on? (too lazy to go look for it)

As for the lure of Manure, yes I completely agree we will not keep Moyes forever. All reports from media (whether true or not) depict Moyes is being groomed by Sir Alex but that is not going to happen this year and doubtful next year.

OOOHHH no he isn't, OHHH yes hes is. (Sorry).

...you should be! :P

I'm still confident everythng will work out just about ok, we'll sign 3 or 4 decent players but not enough to push the top 4, DM will sign his contract etc. I just think we've missed out on really pushing harder for a top 4 by not getting top players in quicker to get them used to each other. Cant help but feel the USA trip couldve hindered us (even tho i know we'll have benefitted greatly from it).

Just been very reliably informed by somebody very close to Moyes, that he is to quit the club before the season begins. At present I have no more information, but I will tell you all when I find out!!!

"EFC Fanatic" yet only have 4 posts, and just joined toffeetalk today. You have reliable sources, yet this is your first time to the forums? I smell a sh!te stirrer...

he might a number 2 for a season if Fergy tells him that he is retiring at the end of the season.

I am under no illusion. If we do not bring in players before the window closes DM will leave (or at best not sign a new contract).

No word from Everton for a while about anything apart from Arteta worryingly for me saying he trusts BK and DM to do the right thing for the club. That to me is not saying that players are coming but will sell players to balance the books and not replace them

he might a number 2 for a season if Fergy tells him that he is retiring at the end of the season.

I am under no illusion. If we do not bring in players before the window closes DM will leave (or at best not sign a new contract).

No word from Everton for a while about anything apart from Arteta worryingly for me saying he trusts BK and DM to do the right thing for the club. That to me is not saying that players are coming but will sell players to balance the books and not replace them

But you only think that because you have a negative outlook at the moment.

So I am the only person here that is saying that they think that DM will leave if we don't make any signings?

I am the one that told Arteta to say what he said?

I don't think so, its not only me that is thinking like this and we been through this in the past. I PREFER to think this way so if things happen i am happy about it rather than thinking everything is going to be rosy and it turns out not to be.

Not like this just in football its how I am, how I have been all my life and how I most prob will be for the rest of it?

Do you know that DM is going to sign anyone? do you know that DM is going to sign a new contract? Do you know that everything is going to turn up smelling for roses? no you dont same as I don't which means until we do people speculate on what is going to happen.

Wish I would have your outlook on Everton and everything will be fine but as said before to many years of surporting them doesn't allow me to

Moyes probably will join Man Utd as the assisatant manager in years to come because he knows that Fergie is going to retier soon. Moyes would walk into that job with ease IMO.

Its not going to happen in the next 3 years at least. Hopefully by then we will have a strong squad and if Moyes leaves we can search for a quality manager (even though we've got one already) :P

So I am the only person here that is saying that they think that DM will leave if we don't make any signings?

I am the one that told Arteta to say what he said?

I don't think so, its not only me that is thinking like this and we been through this in the past. I PREFER to think this way so if things happen i am happy about it rather than thinking everything is going to be rosy and it turns out not to be.

Not like this just in football its how I am, how I have been all my life and how I most prob will be for the rest of it?

Do you know that DM is going to sign anyone? do you know that DM is going to sign a new contract? Do you know that everything is going to turn up smelling for roses? no you dont same as I don't which means until we do people speculate on what is going to happen.

Wish I would have your outlook on Everton and everything will be fine but as said before to many years of surporting them doesn't allow me to

Everyone is basing our lack of transfer activity on the assumption that it is the board's fault, that we don't have any money. This is not necessarily true. Throughout the transfer window many, Moyes included, have repeatedly stated that we have significant money to spend (even before we sold AJ). Why would Moyes say it if it wasn't true - as it only serves to make him look worse if he doesn't get anyone in? I think there could be another problem at work here and that is the class of player Moyes wants to sign.

Moyes doesn't want to settle for anything but the best, he is going for players he thinks are good enough to take us into the top 3 or 4, to challenge for honours but maybe he has underestimated Everton's position in the footballing world. Big name players such as Moutinho are probably hoping to move on to a Barcelona, a Man Utd, Milan, even a more glamourous richer club in London such as Tottenham, they probably know little about Everton except that they're from the same city as Liverpool and are not in the Champions League. There are rumours that we've agreed deals for Wagner Love etc only for him not to turn up for a medical, this could be asymptomatic of the issue here, not that we don't have the money, but rather that we are just not a big enough club (at the moment) to be able to attract the very cream of European footballers. I hope this isn't true, but Moyes has built his new Everton team on the back of buying mid range excellent players - bargains if you like, who have fulfilled or exceeded their potential. English players who know about the club, who can see we are going places, or foreigners who have been struggling at their respective clubs. This Summer it appears that he has moved away from going for players like Lescott, Pienaar, even Yakubu (who had question marks over his mentality) to trying to buy big time players, so far he has come up empty.

Maybe Moyes has miscalculated and it's not actually the board's fault at all. Who knows? but it is unbelievably annoying now and I'm getting fed up of getting up every morning hoping for a signing and seeing nothing but more speculation about players we've been after for about a month!!!

A good post Carl, and its very possible that all of that is correct, does answer a lot of questions about "non signing" signings, if you know what i mean. :mellow:

thanks! I just so wish we'd sign someone, I've remained fairly positive all Summer but even I am now getting to the stage where I'm torn between outright panic and keeping the faith! I can only imagine that Moyes/BK are feeling a bit embarrassed at the moment and must be frantically trying to sign players, even just signing one decent player would lift spirits big time at the moment.

The thing with believing Moyes is going to walk in the coming weeks is.....

If you believe this you believe Moyes is a man of no integrity or Loyalty

You believe thaty he will have calculated the "most convienient" time to leave and drop us in the shit.

You believe he has no respect for Steve Round- A man hes just signed on - or any of the Everton Players

Do you really think he's such a man?????

If anything, anything at all he will just see out his contract....