IGNORED

David Moyes On Sky Sports News

Anyone else just see that?

Incredibly depressing. Moyes does not seem at all confident of getting players in. When asked if he is hopeful of getting in new players he responded with, "Well we've had three months and nothing seems to have changed yet." His tone and his answers did not fill me with any degree of confindence.

Its going to be a VERY long year.

Edited by jamiemaher85

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton are a joke at the moment. Moyes doesn't look or sound happy at all and he won't be signing a contract soon by the way he sounded in the interview and I don't blame him. We shouldn't be in the position we are, ten days until the end of the transfer market and we don't seem to have a hope of signing anyone!

We always seem to take weeks rather than days to sign anyone where arsenal take less than 48hours to sign Silvestre. We could have had Darren Bent in my opinion if we had acted quicker before he started scoring in pre-season and spurs lost keane and looked to lose berbatov.

Moyes must have had his transfer list sorted by the end of last season and the board have made a mess of things. I remember being an Evertonian when reaching 40points with 6games to go was a 'good season'. Moyes has done a fantastic job for us and turned us into a young, talented and hard working team that is capable of doing something. We risk losing Moyes and players like arteta if we dont wake up a little.

Neville and Gosling are injured and if they're involved on sat then they shouldn't be. That leaves us with having to start with Baxter possibly and even another young lad. I think all evertonians are frustrated, even the optimistic ones.

I trust Moyes, but I think his hands are tied. Lets hope that we make the signings Moyes wants and not just buy anything to make the numbers. Lets try Downing instead of paying the 16mil sporting want for MOUTINHIO.

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM!!!!!

maybe if moyes called a press conference and told us the truth about why we have not signed anyone and threatened to resign it might wake the board up whatever you think of moyes he has got us into a top six side and does not deserve this we need someone to have the guts to come clean on whats going on im worried some of our players are going to look to move on when lescott arteta yak cahill etc signed new contracts they were told we are a club moving forward sign up and be part of it i wonder what the talk is amongst them now some please stand up and tell us the truth or maybe they know we will just carry on supporting them as we allways do we all deserve better :angry:

Have said before and will say it again. If no new signings are made DM will be gone before the EGM on 3rd September

Also said he was spending all his time trying to get signings in so not really thinking about the WBA game (or words to those effect0 which is not good for Saturday,

Maybe when we lose again this weekend and no new signings before the next game and DM has gone things will change.

The annoying thing is that DM keeps coming out and saying that there is money to spend so come out and say why people are not joining us?

Would be good if he did a Raffa and had a right old moan but sadly I believe him.... I think there is money, I think we have been trying to buy quality players & I believe he wont settle for second best.......

From his point of view he has a team that has finished 4th and 5th in the last couple of seasons..... Johnson WAS backup last season so can use Vaughn for that. Carsely MUST be replaced and hes identified targets to do that........

In his mind maybe Mountino / Mbia would be enough....... with other players just to build up numbers.....

If you spend all your money on the squad fillers though...... you may fall short for your BIG targets...

Its just unfortunate that we have sooo many injuries...... Im sure without that we would be looking ok....

I agree that Moyes may walk at the end of season if this continues but he wont quit... im sure of that.......(unless we have an absolute awful first 10 games)

i watched that and tbh iam lost for words. after all the effort moyes has put in to the team and now it looks like itl be lost.

well said, and to make it worse, i can't see him signing a new contract any time soon. if we can't get in the player he wants then there is no way he is going to be thinking that we are a club that can match his ambitions. I dont think he'll walk straight out, but unless there is some major changes soon, he won't be signing a new contract and will probably leave at the end of the season.

Hm.

My question is how hard can it be just to sign another Championship player like with Jagielka, Cahill and Lescott??

They've done brilliant!

Sign SOMEONE..! doesn't need to be a £15 milllion pound guy with a stupid agent and a world famous renown..

Moyes is the master of buying players.. Championship-players can't be that hard to come by??

sign....huckerby!! or someone... for the numbers...

Hm.

My question is how hard can it be just to sign another Championship player like with Jagielka, Cahill and Lescott??

They've done brilliant!

Sign SOMEONE..! doesn't need to be a £15 milllion pound guy with a stupid agent and a world famous renown..

Moyes is the master of buying players.. Championship-players can't be that hard to come by??

sign....huckerby!! or someone... for the numbers...

I agree, I've remained positive all throughout the transfer window but surely now it is getting to panic stations. I can only assume Moyes has one or two big names he wants (Moutinho possibly) and until they get them and know how much they've spent/how much they're left with, he isn't signing any squad players. It is getting just unbelievably worrying now, especially as we've sold AJ as well and got in a fair wedge of cash. Let's just sign someone decent to play in midfield, he doesn't have to be amazing but decent whilst we try and secure the big guns.

I don't care who we sign now, as long as we sign somebody... even if it means paying a bit over the odds to pad the squad out.

According to http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_4031166,00.html Moyes is still looking at 7-8 players coming in, which would suggest there is either something happening or he has got players in mind and is waiting for something to happen!

Edited by DonKey

Here is a snippet of the press interview with Moyes today. Very scary. Very Shocking. the first line alone will stop you sleeping.

'There is a good possibility we won't get anyone, and if that happens I don't think we could get through to January,' he said.

'We'll keep striving to sign players but it's not open season, like it was six or eight weeks ago.

'The shutters on the shops are halfway down, and it is becoming more difficult all the time. The plain fact is we may have to change what we're looking for. When we finished fifth last May, I knew the level of players we would have to get in to challenge the teams above us, and I knew how much they would cost.

That was the situation on May 14, but it looks now as though, if we do get players in, it won't be the quality ones I was looking at to begin with.

'We are possibly going to have to stick kids in before they are ready, and we could be in trouble if we have so much as one injury. If we have five or six, as has happened often enough before, we could be struggling to field a team.

'It has taken six years to reach the situation we were in at the end of last season, and I thought the days of being a yo-yo club had gone. We had 14 or 15 senior players I thought were good enough, and I simply wanted to add four or five to make sure we could at least think about challenging those elite few above us.

'I still hope I can put out a winning side, whatever happens. That is a measure of the belief I have in myself. But it does look like we may end up bringing in five or six players who cost nothing. That's what we might need to do now, because we simply have to get numbers in. We have to make sure our season isn't over before it has even started.

'I want to compete against the top sides and really challenge them, but the signs are we might finish up taking a backward step this season. This time last year, people were tipping Everton to be the ones to emerge from the pack and have a right go at the top four. I'm not hearing any of that this time, and you have to ask yourself why?

'There is still a week and a bit to go, and you keep hoping, but it has been frustrating.'

This time last year, people were tipping Everton to be the ones to emerge from the pack and have a right go at the top four. I'm not hearing any of that this time, and you have to ask yourself why?

Er....we are.

Sadly we don't have the answer to that but presumably you do Davey.

Be nice to have a hint....you're frustrated (us too lad!), but who with?

"Circumstances" won't cut it.

Taken from Daily Post. This does worry me

FRUSTRATED David Moyes fears he may have to downgrade his transfer targets as he faces a race against time to bolster his Everton squad.

And the Goodison manager has warned his team will struggle to compete in the Premier League if they do not strengthen in the next 10 days.

Everton travel to promoted West Bromwich Albion today having not yet signed a player during the transfer window, and with an ankle injury to Phil Neville potentially leaving them with just NINE fit senior professionals.

That shortfall in numbers has forced Moyes to shift his priority to quantity rather than quality before the window slams shut on Monday week.

Although there is some money to spend, prohibitive asking prices mean the Goodison manager will have to utilise the loan market once more to add much-needed depth to his squad.

And having tracked the likes of Joao Moutinho, Diego Milito, Vagner Love and Tiago this summer, Moyes said: “I might end up having to change. I did say last week that I wouldn’t have to lower the standards, but it looks like the quality players I want to bring in here might not be the ones that I’m chasing.

We need to get numbers in. It’s probably out of reach for us to bring in the six or seven we need now. And there’s a possibility we might end up bringing nobody in.

“We couldn’t get through to January with what we have right now. We have to make sure that the season isn’t over before it has started, so we need to get on with things. There are no excuses, there won’t be any from me or the players.”

Valencia’s Nikola Zigic, a 6ft 8ins Serbia international striker, is the latest to come under consideration. Talks have opened over a move, but while Valencia are keen to sell the forward, Everton would prefer an initial temporary stay.

Asked whether his squad was now reaching breaking point, Moyes said: “We only need one injury at this present time. I’m concerned that we could have periods in the season where we will be struggling to field a team.

“The worry is that if we don’t improve, we might end up having to take a backward step this year.

“Maybe I now have to look to bring in five or six players which would cost me no money. I will be responsible for bringing in those five or six and the team will always be my responsibility. I need to get a team that wins and a team that gets results.

“But I won’t compromise my ambition. I believe my style will hopefully continue to get results and wins, with whatever team I put out. I won’t compromise what I expect from whichever players I bring in. It’s up to them to respond to that.”

Moyes seems to change his tune almost daily. He has constantly made reference to how hard Kenwright is trying etc, although he has made comments in the past about how we didn't have the finances in place earlier on in the window when it was easier to sign players. I have a sneaking suspicion that Moyes has a major part in this fiasco, as I have stated a week or so ago, I believe Moyes has gone for big name players without realising that Everton are not, at the moment, a big name club and the players he is after we'll either have to pay ridiculous money for or they simply have no interest in coming here. I think Moyes has got it wrong, if he doesn't sign anyone then it's an absolute joke, as he has proven with Cahill/Jags etc we don't need to sign superstars. We have some excellent players, at the very least all we needed was some solid players to fill in defensive midfield, up front etc whilst we tried to sign a superstar or two, solid players would have kept us competitive with the top 6, if we don't sign anyone then the best we can hope for (once Cahill, Pienaar return) is probably about 10th and even that may be optimistic. I can't believe we have Jags in midfield, he is an absolute donkey.