IGNORED

David Moyes On Sky Sports News

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Carl.

There does seem to have been a change in tactic this summer from the successful method of signing players that will improve the squad without affecting the team dynamic to going for 'box office' style players.

As hard as it is to admit, we are not a top 4 club, we do not have the resources to challenge the top 4 yet nor the resources to bring in the big name players unless we want to throw £100k a week at them- which we can't afford... catch 22.

We were linked with the likes of Ledley (Cardiff), Kightly (Wolves), E-Banks Blake (Wolves) etc in the summer, then they disappeared in favour for spending 3 months allegedly chasing Moutinho without offering anything like a fee that would be accepted. We may as well have bid £1 for Messi for the in-roads we've made with Moutinho/ Sporting.

Moyes' reluctance to sign players who he sees as a step down look to be nothing more than ego related. He thinks we're a top 4 club, we're not. And having the smallest squad in the Prem, and needing to have 4 kids on the bench for the full season will only see us fall further behind not only the top 4 but the likes of Villa, Spurs and other top 6 challenging sides :angry:

Todays result can't gloss over our plight. Moyes again seemed despondent post-match, that is beginning to annoy as well as concern me to be honest as it will achieve nothing, however pissed off he might be (as are we all).

We have only a week left and still have got to expect additions, washing our dirty linen in public is not going to endear us to potential signings, it is a monumental struggle for us to get players in as things stand.

The fact is at this moment in time, Moyes is trying to sign players out of evertons class, and untill Kenwright sells the club to some oil tycoon we simply can't compete with the rest of the big spenders, we need at least 5 new faces not 1 or 2.

I honestly dont think any1 will join til the new stadium farce has been sorted, too much money will be wasted if it drags on, which is very likely........

Kenwright should sell and go now before Moyes goes........

Todays result can't gloss over our plight. Moyes again seemed despondent post-match, that is beginning to annoy as well as concern me to be honest as it will achieve nothing, however pissed off he might be (as are we all).

We have only a week left and still have got to expect additions, washing our dirty linen in public is not going to endear us to potential signings, it is a monumental struggle for us to get players in as things stand.

today's result was a big one I feel, it will hopefully make us look a bit more attractive to potential signings and prove that even now in times of utter desperation we have players with the ability to get us results.

today's result was a big one I feel, it will hopefully make us look a bit more attractive to potential signings and prove that even now in times of utter desperation we have players with the ability to get us results.

I must admit that having supported Moyes from day one my patience is wearing thin with him at the moment. We won today but his post match comments suggested that we were lucky, we didn't deserve to win....................they are not the comments of a winning manager with so many kids in his squad. In my book he should be singling each one of them out for special praise followed by words such as all bodes well for the future once we get some new faces in. His attitude at present is a disgrace, he may well have good reason to feel that way as he knows what is going on behind the scenes but he is failing in his job by acting like someone who believes their own publicity, he is doing nothing for the club acting in this fashion.

I must admit that having supported Moyes from day one my patience is wearing thin with him at the moment. We won today but his post match comments suggested that we were lucky, we didn't deserve to win....................they are not the comments of a winning manager with so many kids in his squad. In my book he should be singling each one of them out for special praise followed by words such as all bodes well for the future once we get some new faces in. His attitude at present is a disgrace, he may well have good reason to feel that way as he knows what is going on behind the scenes but he is failing in his job by acting like someone who believes their own publicity, he is doing nothing for the club acting in this fashion.

Maybe the club are doing nothing for him. ;)

Has DM taken over BK as the EFC punchbag or something???? Whats going on??

Ive read all these posts throughout August saying we shouldnt be linked with X / Y, there shit, they are championship players bla bla bla. Now though, DM is shit for having some balls and ambition.. Hes "daft" for thinking were "a top 4 side"......what do you lot want him to do....

Well...I can imagine the posts if hed come out and said "Im affraid its a struggle for fifth again lads"

Hes slated when we are linked with below average players and now your slating him for going for a "better class of player" again what do you lot want.....

Us the fans have brought this on oursleves......

I was actually sat next to two young lads at West Brom while they chanted "Moyes OUT!" & "Sack the board" ???????????

The propogander is spreading!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe this situation has to be blamed on both, MASSIVE over expectation and KEIOC...... not for maintaing their campain but for the manor in which it was carried out.....

Whilst carrying out there campain they have sought to smear the club in negativity......

Im sure the ultimate goal is along the lines of "Club looks bad = BK looks bad = BK resigns"

Unfortunately the worry has spilled over and created an unstoppable snowball effect that I can see swallowing our club.....

KEIOC continually refered to transfer money.......however they put it I dont know because they keep changing there story...

No money available because it was / is for the stadium

No money available because it was / is only available if the Move went ahead ie INVESTMANT

Two statements that sound the same but tie in with either outcome

So as you can see either way is BK's fault STADIUM MOVE / NO INVESTMENT

Whatever your feelings if Moyes goes are club will only be WORSE off.... No doubt about it..... Get off his back!!!!

Im affraid its just a case of damage limitation........for now

In a period of 5 years Moyes has taken us from battling relegation every year to regular (ish) European football, all with limited funding. He is cautious with his spending as he only has limited funds & so cant afford to blow it on players unproven in the premiership.

I fully support his views of using loans on unproven premiership players (i.e. arteta & peanuts), signing cheap upcoming chapionship players (e.g. Cahill, Lescott & Jagielka) and only spending big on proven premiership players (e.g. Yakubu).

Look at the money Chelsea will lose on SWP & Schevchenko - we cant afford to do that! look at all Rafa's dodgy foreign signings too! Alternatively we could follow Leeds who went along the all or nothing view..........

I honestly cant believe people are knocking Moyes! If he goes chances are someone like Big Sam will replace him & we'll end up where we were 5 years ago.

dangermouse - you are so full of shit. how the fuck can you blame keioc? how are they to blame while bk is innocent? i know i shouldnt get personal but you sir are an idiot! your so far up bks arse and think the club do no wrong! for fuck sake, take your blinkers off. if your gunna post shit like that first i hope you have some back up to reply with. any blue with the slightest idea about the problems at this club want bk out. smell the fucking coffee!!!

In a period of 5 years Moyes has taken us from battling relegation every year to regular (ish) European football, all with limited funding. He is cautious with his spending as he only has limited funds & so cant afford to blow it on players unproven in the premiership.

I fully support his views of using loans on unproven premiership players (i.e. arteta & peanuts), signing cheap upcoming chapionship players (e.g. Cahill, Lescott & Jagielka) and only spending big on proven premiership players (e.g. Yakubu).

Look at the money Chelsea will lose on SWP & Schevchenko - we cant afford to do that! look at all Rafa's dodgy foreign signings too! Alternatively we could follow Leeds who went along the all or nothing view..........

I honestly cant believe people are knocking Moyes! If he goes chances are someone like Big Sam will replace him & we'll end up where we were 5 years ago.

I am one of Moyes' biggest fans and I agree with everything you said, unfortunately he hasn't done any of what you listed above this close season - that is my problem. Rather than sticking to his tried and trusted methods he seems to be going for big name players who just aren't realistic. We've chased them all Summer only to find ourselves with nothing to show for it. He has time to turn it around, but at the moment questions have to be asked.

dangermouse - you are so full of shit. how the fuck can you blame keioc? how are they to blame while bk is innocent? i know i shouldnt get personal but you sir are an idiot! your so far up bks arse and think the club do no wrong! for fuck sake, take your blinkers off. if your gunna post shit like that first i hope you have some back up to reply with. any blue with the slightest idea about the problems at this club want bk out. smell the fucking coffee!!!

Very well said!!!!!!!!!

Wot worries me thou, is all the mates Kenwright has borrowed from simply are not interested in buying some stake in the club, Why? fuck knows.

I do know that Kenwright is seeking further loans as he has said himself (if you believe wot he spouts).

Kenwright should SELL the club NOW, and hope we are lucky enough to get some billionaire, aka Abramovic or the Glaziers.

i been telling people for long enough, bk will sell the club to an investor who will let him still be the "face of everton" or chairman as some call it. this man is in serious danger of destroying this great club, hes already got us in a worse financial state than peter johnson ever did. its a slippery slope, and he is at the top giving us a push over the edge.

i been telling people for long enough, bk will sell the club to an investor who will let him still be the "face of everton" or chairman as some call it. this man is in serious danger of destroying this great club, hes already got us in a worse financial state than peter johnson ever did. its a slippery slope, and he is at the top giving us a push over the edge.

My point entirely!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We cant keep borrowing Millions,

Kenwright should GO, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sure his worst nightmare would be a fans revolt and protesting him out of the club, but im sure he isnt a million miles away from that now. i put a lot of the blame at wyness' door, but kenwright hired him. so in my eyes, he takes praise for hiring david moyes, he takes the blame for hiring keith wyness. but im sure he'll say sorry when the debt collectors turn up wanting their millions. administration, that would never happen to us, would it?

im sure his worst nightmare would be a fans revolt and protesting him out of the club, but im sure he isnt a million miles away from that now. i put a lot of the blame at wyness' door, but kenwright hired him. so in my eyes, he takes praise for hiring david moyes, he takes the blame for hiring keith wyness. but im sure he'll say sorry when the debt collectors turn up wanting their millions. administration, that would never happen to us, would it?

I dont know why Wyness is getting so much shit to b fair, he was hired chiefly to sort out the new stadium, as far as i know.

That went tits up, hes gone.

Thing is thou, Kenwright borrowed money to take control of efc, so from him taking over, weve been in debt i presume, and i can only imagine we are in big debt now.

What funds has Wyness had to work with, borrowed money i presume, therefore the stadium being called in and the shit hits the fan, as weve got to borrow more money to fund that crap.

Meanwhile, Moyes is trying to strengthen the team based on the money aquired from player sales? Which isnt that vast considering the type he is aiming at.

This is my assumption at the moment, I dont know why Wyness left or was pushed, but ive said from Kenwright taking over, that it aint looking good, and really think Kenwright should go all together and stop fucking borrowing, especially in the current financial climate,

yeh johnson was rich, but he was a complete and utter wanker...at least BK cares about what happens to everton. he may not be a billionaire, but he has reached out his pocket for yak and johnson, and Moyes has turned us around. I would sy that he has a few too many west end shows on the go at the mo, but i'd rather him than some foreign ex-tyrant just lookin to rake back double his dough

yeh johnson was rich, but he was a complete and utter wanker...at least BK cares about what happens to everton. he may not be a billionaire, but he has reached out his pocket for yak and johnson, and Moyes has turned us around. I would sy that he has a few too many west end shows on the go at the mo, but i'd rather him than some foreign ex-tyrant just lookin to rake back double his dough

johnson could afford to pay off any debts he created. bk hasnt got yak and aj out of his own pocket, but he has increased the clubs debt by bringing them in, im not against that completely, but dont for one minute think that came out of his own pocket.

I dont know why Wyness is getting so much shit to b fair, he was hired chiefly to sort out the new stadium, as far as i know.

That went tits up, hes gone.

Thing is thou, Kenwright borrowed money to take control of efc, so from him taking over, weve been in debt i presume, and i can only imagine we are in big debt now.

What funds has Wyness had to work with, borrowed money i presume, therefore the stadium being called in and the shit hits the fan, as weve got to borrow more money to fund that crap.

Meanwhile, Moyes is trying to strengthen the team based on the money aquired from player sales? Which isnt that vast considering the type he is aiming at.

This is my assumption at the moment, I dont know why Wyness left or was pushed, but ive said from Kenwright taking over, that it aint looking good, and really think Kenwright should go all together and stop fucking borrowing, especially in the current financial climate,

the basics around wyness; he was brought in to run the club, not just the stadium, though the stadium was his primary role in the last 18 months. but i'll list a few things from the top of my head.

first up, he increased the debt of the club, which most clubs have done, but at the same time he also sold off most of the clubs assets. he sold finch farm before it was comleted, he sold off the old academy (which was donated to efc by granchester i believe, for the youth teams, so a bit of funny ground on that one) tried to sell of bellefield but hit problems with the planning issues. we can add into this the jjb deal, which on paper we got a lump sum for outsourcing our merchandising, but jjb have worked up a reputation of letting down our customers. they also hold the rights to our kits, so they get the say on the kits supplied to efc. they sold the clubs catering to a company called sudexo; this one is the killer of poor business to me. WE PAY THEM 377,000 per season, to do our catering, we then split the profits with them. so we pay them and deliver 36,000 customers to them, good work mr wyness.

i agree 100% kenwright has to go. he knows hes not a business man, so he cant run a football club, he hired a joke of a businessman to run it for him. the pair of them are two of the most incompetant people ive had the misfortune of meeting, luckily enough a welcoming handshake was as far as it went. busy men.

Edited by StevO

yeh but hes still let go of some money which could have gone to paying off these debts (he said he loves everton and would sell to the right investors so its no tlike he would willingly wouldnt leave us for death by debt)...

im not into how much is in the kitty or has been borrowed for the stadium plans but the one thing that pissed me off was when we couldnt put a £30 mil deposit up for the site at the echo arena. walked past there tother day and thought would have been te best place, coc 08 and all that jazz...

...but now we've 'fucked off to kirkby' for the tesco arena seemingly <_<

yeh but hes still let go of some money which could have gone to paying off these debts (he said he loves everton and would sell to the right investors so its no tlike he would willingly wouldnt leave us for death by debt)...

im not into how much is in the kitty or has been borrowed for the stadium plans but the one thing that pissed me off was when we couldnt put a £30 mil deposit up for the site at the echo arena. walked past there tother day and thought would have been te best place, coc 08 and all that jazz...

...but now we've 'fucked off to kirkby' for the tesco arena seemingly <_<

the money couldnt have gone to paying off the debts, as this money would have come from another loan, or overdraft, hence; more debt.

he does love everton, that is not in question. what is his idea of the right investor?

another blue? who has plenty of money available? and others within his group willing to invest? possibly involved in the building industry (help with a stadium)?

his name was david mclean. a millionaire blue, owns mclean the builders, had a group also interested in investing with him. kenwright did not return the numerous calls left with his secretary, this was three years ago now.

The simple fact is the premiership is now run by billionaires, and not millionaires. We simply cant compete at present.

Kenwright to GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just hold a minute, each club owned by a so called billionaire will go tits up once they have finished with their play things. We are heading for a world wide recession so I will be glad to see how much more the shite will have to go into debt if interest rates are increased as seems likely stateside, they may have to borrow just to affoed the interest already arising. BK is not an angel but he is a blue, he is british and he has at least got us this far no matter where we hypothise where the money came from. If indeed we have had to repay debts this summer as seems likely it is prudent to do so in times of a recession so even that has a bright side.

It is quite easy to say that Kenwright should go but who will you replace him with, we are not an attractive purchase for anyone despite our history which counts for nothing as far as investmet is concerned as that will be outweighed by bolshi supporters which would make a rich none blue shit himself.

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Just hold a minute, each club owned by a so called billionaire will go tits up once they have finished with their play things. We are heading for a world wide recession so I will be glad to see how much more the shite will have to go into debt if interest rates are increased as seems likely stateside, they may have to borrow just to affoed the interest already arising. BK is not an angel but he is a blue, he is british and he has at least got us this far no matter where we hypothise where the money came from. If indeed we have had to repay debts this summer as seems likely it is prudent to do so in times of a recession so even that has a bright side.

It is quite easy to say that Kenwright should go but who will you replace him with, we are not an attractive purchase for anyone despite our history which counts for nothing as far as investmet is concerned as that will be outweighed by bolshi supporters which would make a rich none blue shit himself.

I have agreed with a lot of what you have said lately Jimmy and agree that we don't necessarily need a billionaire to bring us success. Yes BK is blue and British, but on that basis alone we could have 1000's of potential chairmen. Personally I would settle for a chairman who can identify targets to achieve and stick to those targets, show slow but steady progression year on year (in terms of corporate and business development, not on the playing pitch as that is down to the manager provided he is given the resources), and finally, but perhaps most importantly in our case, a chairman who does not appear on T.V. talking absolute drivel and then goes hiding when it all goes balls up.

Well said. I can't believe any Evertonian can just erase their memory and be so short-sighted as to remember the Peter Johnson days through rose tinted glasses, if you think we're a joke now then cast your mind back to Agent Johnson (the guardian of the fans dreams) banners, two seasons scrambling away from relegation, Howard Kendall's (the world class manager) 3rd stint, Vinny Samways, Claus Thomsen etc etc. Peter Johnson never put any of his money into the club, whether he had the funds to cover the debt is immaterial as he was never going to do that anyway. Kenwright took us over to save us from the catastrophe that was Peter Johnson. We had an abysmal team, an abysmal manager, debts and a rapidly degenerating stadium and were officially the biggest laughing stock in the league. Now we have our best team in years (if we sign a DM!) and an excellent manager and we have been improving on the pitch year on year. I'm not saying he's Roman Abramovic, but he's not as bad as some like to make out. We're having a bad pre-season and some people are just using it as an excuse to have some cheap pot shots, kick BK when he's down. As Jimmy said above, with some of the fans we have who moan constantly about everything, can you blame foreign investors from steering well clear?

At the end of the day he's doing the best he can with his somewhat limited funds, the bottom line is - like you and me he's an Everton fan, the difference is he actually made millions and decided to try and save his boyhood club and try and make us a viable business proposition for an investor - BUT he doesn't have the outright cash needed to turn us around on his own. Whereas the rest of us, who are nowhere near as successful businessmen as Kenwright (despite the fact some would have you believe he is a total buffoon), can only moan about him from the shadows.

i'll happily remind anybody of the state we were in with johnson, as right now we are in a worse position than he left us in. read the info published by the club year on year since he left, as we have got deeper and deeper each year gone by.

and were not just having a bad preseason, bk has run his course. he is at the limit if his borrowing capability, after selling everything we can. he has hit his limit. the only things left to sell are the players and Goodison park.

and for the record, saying johnson didnt put a penny in, neither has bk.

Edited by StevO

i'll happily remind anybody of the state we were in with johnson, as right now we are in a worse position than he left us in. read the info published by the club year on year since he left, as we have got deeper and deeper each year gone by.

and were not just having a bad preseason, bk has run his course. he is at the limit if his borrowing capability, after selling everything we can. he has hit his limit. the only things left to sell are the players and Goodison park.

and for the record, saying johnson didnt put a penny in, neither has bk.

Then we need someone who can and will and bloody fast