IGNORED

Director Of Football

scouse

Yet another season on transfer frustration at GP. It seems to be the same old story every season since Moyes joined us, is this down to lack of money or Moyes dithering in the market? Is it time that the board looked to bring in a Director of Football to oversea our transfer negiotiations and draft up potential targets etc??

I think something needs to be done about transfers. It's the same year in year out with both windows. We never sign anyone until the season has started at least which is a continuous source of frustration for fans.

This year Moyes reportedly gave a list of 20 players to BK to go and get... which he hasn't. Get someone who knows how to sign players on board and leave Moyes to push the blame to others and concentrate on pre-season training and get what players we haver fit

I think something needs to be done about transfers. It's the same year in year out with both windows. We never sign anyone until the season has started at least which is a continuous source of frustration for fans.

This year Moyes reportedly gave a list of 20 players to BK to go and get... which he hasn't. Get someone who knows how to sign players on board and leave Moyes to push the blame to others and concentrate on pre-season training and get what players we haver fit

I must admit this makes a bit of sense to me.

Rubbish. The problem is we are trying to go above our current standing in English football, our requirements are high and it is those high players that do not want to come to Everton not someone at Everton's lack of ability to sign players. It is well publicised now that Moyes only wants to highest quality players and it is those players that do not want to come to us, nothing to do with the club directly but the lure of the "top 4".

Surely setting your sights too high is the fault of the club??

We have spent the summer tracking Moutinho without making even a semi reasonable bid for the player, I'd definitely say that is the fault of the club, no?

2 months tracking one player, asking price £19m, highest bid £13m to a club that does not need to sell... maybe if we offer them 2/3's of the asking price they'll accept??? Yeah, course they will. We'd do the same if someone did that with Arteta wouldn't we!

The transfer failings are not a new phenomonon either, it is an annual event! It's only this year that we have less than 11 senior players which exaserbates the situation moreso than previously.

If DM or anyone else at the club sets their sights too high on players that we cannot afford/ attract then it is their job to move onto other players asap, not waste a summer tracking the few without meeting the going rate.

We have got where we are by not needing to sign superstars, we need to continue along a similar vein with the signings we've recruited previously adding the odd potential super signing along the way. We are not going to break into the top 4 within the next few years, I know that, the majority of fans know that, so why can't DM and the board?

Of course it's his job to get us into the top 4, but stabilising us as a top 5, ensuring we have a squad capable of competing even with a few injuries, improving that annually and qualifying and progressing in Europe every year should be the aim for the next few years. This is how we'll attract investment and this is what will help us make the next step

Surely setting your sights too high is the fault of the club??

We have spent the summer tracking Moutinho without making even a semi reasonable bid for the player, I'd definitely say that is the fault of the club, no?

2 months tracking one player, asking price £19m, highest bid £13m to a club that does not need to sell... maybe if we offer them 2/3's of the asking price they'll accept??? Yeah, course they will. We'd do the same if someone did that with Arteta wouldn't we!

The transfer failings are not a new phenomonon either, it is an annual event! It's only this year that we have less than 11 senior players which exaserbates the situation moreso than previously.

If DM or anyone else at the club sets their sights too high on players that we cannot afford/ attract then it is their job to move onto other players asap, not waste a summer tracking the few without meeting the going rate.

We have got where we are by not needing to sign superstars, we need to continue along a similar vein with the signings we've recruited previously adding the odd potential super signing along the way. We are not going to break into the top 4 within the next few years, I know that, the majority of fans know that, so why can't DM and the board?

Of course it's his job to get us into the top 4, but stabilising us as a top 5, ensuring we have a squad capable of competing even with a few injuries, improving that annually and qualifying and progressing in Europe every year should be the aim for the next few years. This is how we'll attract investment and this is what will help us make the next step

we may as well just all give up then!!!

D's of F are normally only appoited when you have particularly rich individuals running the show and they protwect their investments. Last season DM ran the show without having a deputy, it was his choice but it has cost us I think. We now have Steve Round in place which should ease Moyes's burden, he'd kick the arse of anyone trying to over rule him anyway. Does SAF need a d of f, I don't think so.

The (slight) difference between us and Man Utd is that they're the richest club in the world, get 70k fans watching them every week, qualify for the latter stages of the Champions League every year, top 2 in the league, pay the highest wages...

Most players would swim through a river of sh!t to play for them, we do not have the same luxury.

Newcastle and Spurs have Directors of football, as have Pompey in the past... are they so much further on than us?

Anyway, it's just an opinion, one that is supported by some but not by others.

As for all giving up cos we're not breaking intot he top 4, shall we just have 4 teams in the league then if that's the case? The aim of the game is to progress. It's just that I do not see us over hauling the top 4 teams when they're all buying 1 (or more) £20m+ player each window and we're scraping by on freebies.

But again, it's an opinion. Maybe our freebie right back will help us overhaul the R, Arse, Chelski and Man U this season :lol: