Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:07

midfielder!
http://en.wikipedia....egundo_Castillo

I know he's a midfielder but is he any good? Good is what we need, not some shit nobody.

#4 savo

savo

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:07

im not to sure sounds alrite scores a few from midfield blackburn were after him

http://www.premiersh...ti-5511966.html

also wigan

http://www.mirror.co...15875-20694223/

http://en.wikipedia....egundo_Castillo

#5 coxy051

coxy051

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:16

Wikipedia dont waste anytime do they i wonder how they do that!! Avent eva heard or seen this fella but what wilki says is hes a defensive mid that like 2 go forward and that he's world class!! Dont know what they consider world class to be but anyhow hope this is the 2nd of the 7 we are supposed 2 be signin! Realy hope we pull out a moutinho out of tha lot tho!

#6 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:16

What the fuck! This one really is a shock.

I like this guy, I watched Ecuardo in 2006 World Cup when I was in Germany, he was one of the players that stood out to me.

#7 ooberman

ooberman

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:18

I know he's a midfielder but is he any good? Good is what we need, not some shit nobody.

no idea mate, fingers crossed he's decent. averages a goal every six games pretty much from defensive mid - that's more than carsley ever got or neville's ever likely to! :D

#8 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,492 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:18

Probably on a free, was on trial with blackburn and impressed but could not agree terms, sounds like he could be a usefull box to box player, at least he's a midfielder so we can use him, already on wiki that we've signed him :o ..............

Club Career

On August 31, 2006 he signed a two year deal with Serbian side Red Star Belgrade, former European Cup champions, from El Nacional in Quito.[2] He scored an impressive 8 goals during his first season at his new club and he was the key to reach the double in Serbia, being rated as a world class player. It has been revealed that he will be leaving his club. Castillo linked up with Blackburn Rovers of the English Premier League on trial but did not sign after failing to agree terms with Blackburn after impressing on trial. The Everton website announced they had signed Castillo on August 27. 2008.

#9 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:20

What the fuck! This one really is a shock.

I like this guy, I watched Ecuardo in 2006 World Cup when I was in Germany, he was one of the players that stood out to me.

That's what I want to hear, cheers.

If you're right Licker and he is on a free it is looking increasingly likely that we don't have a penny to spend. M'Bia would be a better signing but of course he'd cost money so he's out now ;)

#10 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,492 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:25

Maybe not Mark, we could use some more midfield strength. M'bia rather than Bradley. :)

#11 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:26

I can't see Moyes spending money on another DM when he'll get this one for free, he'll just see Jags and Neville as the back-up DM's <_<

#12 EFC-Paul

EFC-Paul

If you are going through hell....keep going

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:33

Dont know much about him myself but from what i've read which i know can mean fuck all but he doesnt sound to shaby, the only bit of footage i could find of him is here he's the one who scores the first goal not much to go by really his teammate who scores the second goal has a hell of a shot on him tho ^_^

Edited by EFC-Paul, 27 Aug 2008 - 20:36.

#13 c1982

c1982

COYB!!!

• Members
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:34

Sky sports says initial loan.

#14 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:35

Looks like he is a loan signing. Shock horror.

http://www.skysports...4058121,00.html

Skysports.com understands The Toffees have secured Castillo's services initially on loan with a view to a permanent next summer.

#15 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:36

Looks like he is a loan signing. Shock horror.

http://www.skysports...4058121,00.html

Skysports.com understands The Toffees have secured Castillo's services initially on loan with a view to a permanent next summer.

We really are skint :( .

#16 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:40

WTF where the hell did this come from, mate was made up then says he is a quality player

#17 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:40

We really are skint :( .

Yup. Unless we are going to spend big on one or two players, maybe Moyes has picked up free players to add numbers so he can logivally afford to use his whole budget on one or two "quality" players. I now expect "big" money moves for the likes of Paul Dickov or maybe even a cheeky return of the goal king himself Francis Jeffers, 500k fee, big money. Exciting times ahead boys!

#18 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:42

Yup. Unless we are going to spend big on one or two players, maybe Moyes has picked up free players to add numbers so he can logivally afford to use his whole budget on one or two "quality" players. I now expect "big" money moves for the likes of Paul Dickov or maybe even a cheeky return of the goal king himself Francis Jeffers, 500k fee, big money. Exciting times ahead boys!

And that's best case scenario :o

I have to say, when I first seen the headline on the official site I thought it was Nery Castillo that had been on loan at Citeh.

#19 savo

savo

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:42

i fink he is trying to get the numbers in by getting loans frees etc he will get 2-3 good good players well thats wot im hopeing its gud just to see sum action long time coming

#20 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:45

And that's best case scenario :o

I have to say, when I first seen the headline on the official site I thought it was Nery Castillo that had been on loan at Citeh.

Exactley what I thought. Actually talking about Nery Castillio, i thought he would be a hit over here, always looked very good for Mexico, but he was just to light wieght and had limbs made of glass.

#21 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,492 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:45

We only need MOUTINHO and M'BIA now and i would be happy, our Bubget of 28 million should get them 2. :D

#22 savo

savo

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:47

i still fink he is after MOUTINHO just waiting to see if he can afford him

#23 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:50

We only need MOUTINHO and M'BIA now and i would be happy, our Bubget of 28 million should get them 2. :D

Don't you mean 28 bugdet. A budget millions seems to be pushing it!!! :P

#24 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,492 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:54

aah you spotted my deliberate mistake. :D

#25 blueblood

blueblood

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 20:56

Looks to be a big, athletic prescence in the middle of the park which we're clearly lacking.

Give him a run out in the Carling Cup and see how he goes. This could turn out to be a wonder signing... or he could be George Weah's cousin :D

Either way, he's a freebie so let's crack on with another 5 players on loan/ free that no-one's heard of and we'll be laughing come 2.9.08 <_<

#26 Viennatoffee

Viennatoffee

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 21:04

Haha yeah, I also thought of Mexican Castillo first.

But let us see what this guy can bring to us, Im optimistic.

Edited by Viennatoffee, 27 Aug 2008 - 21:04.

#27 DonKey

DonKey

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 21:36

Moyes has said that he wants to bring quality into the club to move us forward. Unfortunately for one reason or another we haven't picked up those flagship signings we all want to see.

Which leaves only limited options really.

1. Pay over the odds for average players, and erode whatever budget we do have on lads who are just fill ins.
2. Save the budget for January/whenever we can get these quality players in, and get loans/free transfers in.
3. Not sign anyone at all, and get slammed for it.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again.... When they pull on that shirt, and walk out to represent our club, we'll still cheer them regardless. Trust me, I remember Brett Angell!!!! :lol:

#28 carlmc25

carlmc25

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 21:45

EXACTLY what we need! C'MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! a big athletic powerhouse in midfield who is supposed to be decent. Who cares how much he cost if he's good? At this time of the transfer window Moyes may have to pay way over the odds for players, hopefully if he can tie up a few players on the cheap then he can unleash his chequebook on one or two big signings to really kick start our season. I still think we may see an expensive striker and/or Moutinho/M'Bia brought in. I'm finally starting to feel positive about the season. This was a surprise and a very good one! :) now how about some positivity.

#29 EFC-Paul

EFC-Paul

• Members
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 21:46

Moyes has said that he wants to bring quality into the club to move us forward. Unfortunately for one reason or another we haven't picked up those flagship signings we all want to see.

Which leaves only limited options really.

1. Pay over the odds for average players, and erode whatever budget we do have on lads who are just fill ins.
2. Save the budget for January/whenever we can get these quality players in, and get loans/free transfers in.
3. Not sign anyone at all, and get slammed for it.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again.... When they pull on that shirt, and walk out to represent our club, we'll still cheer them regardless. Trust me, I remember Brett Angell!!!! :lol:

I hope its option two mate :rolleyes:

#30 nited24

nited24

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 22:00

28million budget, where did that figure come from?

We still need to replace Johnson, Mcfadden, Fernandes, to name but 3

Moyes is expecting us to play 50 game this season

#31 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,492 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 22:32

Moyes has said often enough that Moutino and Mbia are on his wanted list, and Milito is supposed to be Johnsons replacement, to even be looking at those type of players you need at least 28 million. Go get them Moyesy. :P

#32 EFC-Paul

EFC-Paul

• Members
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 22:38

Moyes has said often enough that Moutino and Mbia are on his wanted list, and Milito is supposed to be Johnsons replacement, to even be looking at those type of players you need at least 28 million. Go get them Moyesy. :P

I get your drift matey to state his interest in those players without money would be to far gone so i do believe we have a decent lump sat there and i dont mean Kenwright.

#33 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 22:42

Oh well things are looking up, although I don't believe he is a loan signing finger in the air would say 4m permanent transfer.
I think we are still after Moutinho too, I really do.

#34 DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 22:44

I honestly think & hope that the free transfers are just so he can bring in his BIG target!!!!! Hopefully Mountino

I would axpect to see lots of Moysie arse kissing if he pulls something out the bag..... Im fed up reading the same old same old on here................

ANYWAY!!!!! Another signing... lets hope he does well

#35 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 22:46

I honestly think & hope that the free transfers are just so he can bring in his BIG target!!!!! Hopefully Mountino

I would axpect to see lots of Moysie arse kissing if he pulls something out the bag..... Im fed up reading the same old same old on here................

ANYWAY!!!!! Another signing... lets hope he does well

Arse kissing because he finally gets done what he should have had done all along? Get to fuck.

Edited by Romey 1878, 27 Aug 2008 - 22:46.

#36 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 22:48

lol OK i need something explaining to me. A few people on here use the term "Get to fuck" and I have no clue what it means! Please explain... :)

#37 DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 22:51

28million budget, where did that figure come from?

We still need to replace Johnson, Mcfadden, Fernandes, to name but 3

Moyes is expecting us to play 50 game this season

Mcfaddden 6 Appearences SHIT ALSO
Johnson 20 Apps 9 as a SUB SHIT
Fernandes DIDNT IMPRESS

I agree we need to replace Johnson but whoever we get is likely to be backup MAYBE!!!! Frenandes and Mcfadden were just numbers in the end....

The only person we NEED to replace is Carsley One player!!! from a First team that finished 5th in the best league in Europe

Edited by DangerMouse, 27 Aug 2008 - 22:58.

#38 carlmc25

carlmc25

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 22:53

Mcfaddden 6 Appearences SHIT ALSO
Johnson 20 Apps 9 as a SUB SHIT
Fernandes DIDNT IMPRESS

I agree we need to replace Johnson but whoever we get is likely to be backup MAYBE!!!! Frenandes and Mcfadden were just numbers in the end....

The only person we NEED to replace is Carsley One player!!! from a First team that finished 5th in the best team in Europe

I agree with that really, the rest were bit part players and not first choice when everyone is fit, the only one really missing is Carsley. We still need numbers though.

#39 DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 22:57

Arse kissing because he finally gets done what he should have had done all along? Get to fuck.

How do you know he hasnt been trying??????????

Top players only see the BIG 4 the rest only see $$$$$$$$$$$$ What do you want him to do??? Panic Buy!!!!!!

#40 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2008 - 23:09

lol OK i need something explaining to me. A few people on here use the term "Get to fuck" and I have no clue what it means! Please explain... :)

Get to fuck, an offensive relpy, take along the lines of fuck off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users