IGNORED

Louis Saha Signs!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocked about this one, no rumours etc about think he will start on Saturday?

Very shocked about this. As people have said, no rumours about this. But I am pleased. Been alot of complaints about lack of activity, and I like others have been a little concerned. But I am pleased to see that we can do deals without the world knowing.

3 Players in, All internationals, and covering areas we are a little light in. I think Saha will add a little experience to the line, and provide excellent support to Yak, Vaughny, Cheeby, Lukas and Jose. Depending on the cost (undisclosed again !!! ) I think this could be good business. When fit, he is a very good player.

If he is not good enough for United why is he good enough for us?

Bloody hell, does that mean if we signed Arshavin he is not good enough for Zenit so shouldn't be for us!?

We needed players to cover positions we are weak in, when fit he is excellent, and as so many people on here say Moyes can get the best out of players.

What is it with the negativity!!! :o

Whats with the negativity????

Maybe from the players we were being linked with (and confirmed that we were after on 2 of them) to the 3 players that we have signed.

Yes they might all come good you never know but in my eyes its a step down from the tagerts we should have been going for.

I have just had to have my father (a manc) nearly laughing at me down the phone and is so happy he is leaving

If he passes the medical and can have a couple of spells injury free i think its a good signing. We know he can score goals, we don't need him to play week in week out as we either play just the yak or we've got the two young lads. undisclosed fee but can't be alot. Reckon its pretty good, better than Larsson.

Seal that Nigerian lad and get Moutinho and things are looking a little better.

Whats with the negativity????

Maybe from the players we were being linked with (and confirmed that we were after on 2 of them) to the 3 players that we have signed.

Yes they might all come good you never know but in my eyes its a step down from the tagerts we should have been going for.

I have just had to have my father (a manc) nearly laughing at me down the phone and is so happy he is leaving

I get that Adam, but as how many people mocked Moyes in the past for signing lower league players? Players who had not succeeded elsewhere (Arteta) and so on. I think as others have said that this could be a good signing. I of course reserve the right to retract that statement should it go tits up! :D

I agree, it is a little of a come down from Moutinho etc and for me it does depend on the price. But he knows the prem, has scored alot of goals in it. Thats all I am saying!

He was transferred to Fulham for £2.1million in 2000. During a spell of nearly four years at the club, he scored 63 goals in total. In the promotion campaign of 2000-01 he scored 27 goals to fire Fulham into the Premier League. During his first season in the top flight, Saha scored nine goals in 44 appearances in all competitions, including scoring twice in games against Manchester United and Chelsea. He was less prolific in 2002-03, scoring seven goals. In his final season at Fulham he contributed fifteen goals in only 22 appearances before leaving in the winter transfer window.

Saha had a good time at Fulham, he was a real threat for them and helped them to secure a place in the Premiership. He looked really good when he played and you knew it was only a matter of time before either Manchester United or Arsenal snapped him up.

If you look at his records he's not done bad considering he's been injured for some time. He's managed to net 53 goals for Fulham in 117 appearances and scored 28 goals in 86 appearances for Manchester United. Hopefully him and Yak will be a good strike force for 2008/09.

In my opinion this is the perfect signing, we needed a striker to play alongside Yakubu and this is the perfect man. We look good in attack now with Yak, Saha, Vaughan, Baxter, Jutkiewicz and Anichebe (even though Anichebe can leave for me) we should really start to roll in the goals and challenge for Europe again this season.

Good signings so far, Jacobsen looked good against Nurnburg and Castillo's looks good according to his Ecuador records. I suppose we can't complain getting them on a free transfer. But we look set for the season now, one or two more signings (a goalkeeper please?) and we should be done - COYB :D

Good player when fit, could be an excellent signing but the worry is his injury record. He's quick, good in the air and a decent finisher and I can't see us paying more than £3m for him with his injuries. It's looking more and more like Moyes is accepting the big name players he wanted aren't interested so he's then had to quickly get in some players to make up the numbers, players he maybe doesn't know so much about (Obinna, Castillo) on loan so he can take a look at them first. I still think he'll make one big signing at least. I'm a lot happier now than I was 3 days ago, at least we have a squad now and there will be more to come.

why are so many getting excited and thinking that 3 unspectacular signings increase the chance of landing a "big" name, expensive player in the next few days?

if anything, I would think the chances are now slimmer and we have simply made a few signings that we've been able to attract and afford........

as for saha, way too injury-prone to get excited about......has been injured for basically the past 2 seasons ffs!

A bit of a risk i think, but i am overall quite pleased with this. Although he will probably spend large amounts of time injured, the quality he at least used to bring is something which would give us a bit of a lift at the moment. I am interested to hear how much we are paying for him though.

Sky sports are also making it sound like we are looking to get Henrik Larsson as well, just thinking that we need to start building the midfield area and not start adding ageing, injury prone strikers, although as i say, pleased with Saha.

why are so many getting excited and thinking that 3 unspectacular signings increase the chance of landing a "big" name, expensive player in the next few days?

if anything, I would think the chances are now slimmer and we have simply made a few signings that we've been able to attract and afford........

as for saha, way too injury-prone to get excited about......has been injured for basically the past 2 seasons ffs!

I think the idea is that by adding the back-up of these players, the club looks more stable as there are at least three or four players to cover each position. This will then encourage big players to come as they will realise that formations will be kept consistent, therefore they won't be played out of position. However, it does look like we are just signing these players that will be able to provide cover for the squad, and it will not be this transfer window in which we get a big player that will improve the squad dramatically.

IMO, both Yakubu and Saha work best playing on their own with midfielders supporting them as opposed to having a partner.

You think they'd work well together?

Yes I do. Yakubu's bigger and stronger so he will be better at holding off defenders whereas Saha quicker, he's not as heavy-weight as Yakubu is and is the kinda' guy that will take defenders on and look for some goals. He's had great scoring return in his time at Manchester United and Fulham. And he's done well enough alongside Rooney and Tevez so why should he change his style alongside Yakubu? I think he would work well next to Yak and can't wait to see them in action!

Saha, 30, has agreed a two-year contract with the option for a further season, subject to a medical. The FC Metz product first arrived in England eight years ago with Fulham FC, helping them to promotion in his first season with 27 goals, before an €18.5m transfer to United in January 2004. Although Saha struggled with injury during his time at Old Trafford, he played his part in their Premier League title wins over the last two seasons and appeared five times on their route to their 2008/09 UEFA Champions League victory. During his time in England he has scored 106 club goals in 278 appearances.

Although he will probably spend large amounts of time injured, the quality he at least used to bring is something which would give us a bit of a lift at the moment.

we must feel better about the state of the club cos we've signed someone who used to score for man utd even though he may hardly ever play for us?!?!?

oh dear...... ;)

Edited by Raccyboy