IGNORED

Louis Saha Signs!

When ever is VDM fit, please tell me. Saha does have a poor work rate, always has had hence he does not meet what I believe to be Moyes criteria. Everyone on this board wants the best for our club and I don't think this guy is and I bet many Utd fans feel happy at his departure

I'm sure they do because he's barely played, thats the point. He's been an injury prone player, but this came well out of left field, which says either moyes is desperate and clutching at straws or hes done this under the table secured a good fee for a player who is great when on form. Like people have said moyes brings out the best in players, and theres plenty in the squad you don't expect to hold their own at prem level but they do, yes saha won't get us a champs league spot and be the best striker in the world, hell be one who will play between 10-20 games and get goals in over half, that's something we need.

Vaughan is a telnted yougn striker who we can feature in some of the games, anichebe is in teh same bracket, and the yak will start most of are games. What this says to me is moyes wants the yak to stay on form and knows he needs relief up front, so expect saha (again if fit) to feature in carling and uefa cup matches prominently as well as matches against less threatening sides, or maybe more threatening sides considering his goal record against the bigger teams, in the prem.

I don't give a shit if van der meyde spent all his time on the bench, i have faith in moyes because he is one of the best managers in the EPL, and will bring everton through this difficult period. If he believes saha will help, i trust him. Everton have seen rougher times and worse signings than this so lets try and make the most of it instead of just bitch about his appearance total.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a frustrating day (Summer), firstly Saha's to sign and now we have bloody Liege in the UEFA cup! I really hope I'am proven wrong with him but this is a player who cant make the United 11, mainly through injuries!! He his 30 years of age and will sign for two years, I feel utterly flabbergasted! After all we sold Mcfadden for 5 mill and Johnson for 10.5 mill, It doesn't take a genius to work out that we have funds, but where are they? All the players we have signed have been on loan or undisclosed fees, which mean bugger all! Kenwright not long back talked of speaking with Moyes and agreed with his choices of target players (sky interview), well I think the only reason why he did agree was that the players so far meant he would not need to write out a big fat cheque! I say, 'Kenwright we know you have funds available, help Moyes and prove you love the club'! We need a quality wing player and fast. Sorry for the rant, a very frustrated Everton fan at the moment.

What a frustrating day (Summer), firstly Saha's to sign and now we have bloody Liege in the UEFA cup! I really hope I'am proven wrong with him but this is a player who cant make the United 11, mainly through injuries!! He his 30 years of age and will sign for two years, I feel utterly flabbergasted! After all we sold Mcfadden for 5 mill and Johnson for 10.5 mill, It doesn't take a genius to work out that we have funds, but where are they? All the players we have signed have been on loan or undisclosed fees, which mean bugger all! Kenwright not long back talked of speaking with Moyes and agreed with his choices of target players (sky interview), well I think the only reason why he did agree was that the players so far meant he would not need to write out a big fat cheque! I say, 'Kenwright we know you have funds available, help Moyes and prove you love the club'! We need a quality wing player and fast. Sorry for the rant, a very frustrated Everton fan at the moment.

I would have liked Shaun Wright-Phillips at the club, but his wages were just too high. I too can't understand where all the funds are going but I think we have to remember about wages. If we would have beaten Manchester City to Shaun (which was unlikely anyway) we would have had to have paid 80kpw, which is money that I feel could be used elsewhere. I think we should let Moyes use his scouting talent to try and snap up a cheap-upcoming star from the lower leagues. We need a quick winger but surely once Pienaar's fit he will fit the gap?

i was well suprised when i saw this, in his first couple of matches for united he got a few, and hes a great player, wounder how much we spent tho :/, good signing tho to me looks like ancihebes going to north end on load because we have got 2 strikers in now.

Edited by Foxon

Louis Saha? Pay for Him? OMFG. I think this guy is just overrated overpaid player who spends most of the season in hospital :( . I need to pray he proves me wrong. Last season i have doubts about spending 12M£ for Yak, He has proved doubts wrong, love him now. Hopefully Saha can do it also. But can lightning hit same place twice? I Dont think so

No the best signing we could have made but not theworst under the current situation.

I actually feel fuck all at this signing tbh.

606 Evertonians are saying that DM has told Radio Merseyside that we have signed him on a free (surprise surprise :lol: ) I would expect that we have paid his contract up at Utd or similar.

The last time we made a signing of a player like this it was VDM and just look at the drain on our resources he turned out to be, we can't give him away and I understand DM can't stand the sight of the bone idle bastard round the club.

To the guy who said 'I don't give a shit about VDM's injuries, I do as should all other hard working blues as he is drawing nearly £1 mil pa from us

Edited by Jimmy the blue

606 Evertonians are saying that DM has told Radio Merseyside that we have signed him on a free (surprise surprise :lol: ) I would expect that we have paid his contract up at Utd or similar.

The last time we made a signing of a player like this it was VDM and just look at the drain on our resources he turned out to be, we can't give him away and I understand DM can't stand the sight of the bone idle bastard round the club.

To the guy who said 'I don't give a shit about VDM's injuries, I do as should all other hard working blues as he is drawing nearly £1 mil pa from us

big deal, Chelsea lost about £16m on SWP, we bought VDM on a free - it was a limited gamble which failed, some work, some don't, he has hardly broken the bank has he? Moyes transfer dealings have in the main been exceptional, yet people still doubt him. I remember loads of people on here moaning about Yakubu and how lazy he is etc how he was no way worth the money and a joke, then he comes in and is the best striker we've had in years. Moyes knows what he's doing, if Saha is a failure then so what - better to have a free transfer failure than Per Kroldrup. The bottom line is he's been signed as experienced cover, he is excellent at leading the line, he is strong, good in the air, quick - he has all the attributes.

i dont get this people moan about not signing anyone, then we get a striker who if fit would have played alot more for a team that won the League and Champions league. if we didnt pay anything for him thats great but even if we did i would bet on saha being a good signing for us.

big deal, Chelsea lost about £16m on SWP, we bought VDM on a free - it was a limited gamble which failed, some work, some don't, he has hardly broken the bank has he? Moyes transfer dealings have in the main been exceptional, yet people still doubt him. I remember loads of people on here moaning about Yakubu and how lazy he is etc how he was no way worth the money and a joke, then he comes in and is the best striker we've had in years. Moyes knows what he's doing, if Saha is a failure then so what - better to have a free transfer failure than Per Kroldrup. The bottom line is he's been signed as experienced cover, he is excellent at leading the line, he is strong, good in the air, quick - he has all the attributes.

My memory may be wrong but didn't we pay £2/3 mil for VDM on deadline day, do yourself a favour and look at his career appearance record at all clubs, it is a disgrace. My comaparrison to Saha is real as Louis has not played a full game for nearly a year. I trust Moyes but he got stung by the idle Dutchman and I don't want similar with this guy, not every bargain is worth it. Saha on his day is very good, can you tell me when he last starred in any game my memory isn't that good?

What was the point in selling Johnson to bring in an injury prone part timer. Vaughan and Annichebe are better than this.

There are about 10.5 million reasons! Given that they have both seen far better days and no longer score many goals it doesn't look like bad business! More money for the bank by the look of it! I think the signing was more about creditability and desperation than anything else?

My memory may be wrong but didn't we pay £2/3 mil for VDM on deadline day, do yourself a favour and look at his career appearance record at all clubs, it is a disgrace. My comaparrison to Saha is real as Louis has not played a full game for nearly a year. I trust Moyes but he got stung by the idle Dutchman and I don't want similar with this guy, not every bargain is worth it. Saha on his day is very good, can you tell me when he last starred in any game my memory isn't that good?

sorry I was getting mixed up with Saha a little, VDM was about £1.5m from memory, hardly a back breaker. If he was fit and had been playing spectacularly for years then you could times that figure by 10 and we would never have been able to sign him. Every transfer is a gamble, a lot of people wanted us to sign Nugent (I wasn't one of them) yet he's turned out to be an expensive donkey for Pompey. Every manager gets it wrong, but it's better to get it wrong for 0-1.5m than it is for £10m. We sold Michael Ball for about £8m or something, he was then injury plagued for about 2-3 years and has never been the same player, it can happen to anyone. I think Saha is a good signing, he's a lot better than Alan Smith that's for certain.

Although not confirmed officially...

A mate of mine reckons we've got him on some sort of play and pay deal. He plays a certain number of games and then they will take that of what they owe us for fat boy.

Just watching the build up to Super Cup, and Ferguson says that Saha has got himself fit, and is ready for a new challenge.

Edited by DonKey

I know he's very injury prone but to say he's overrated and not worth signing as some have suggested is imo really daft, the bloke is a proven prem player and is one of the best in the buisness when playing, ppl cant compare him to VDM as Saha isnt a lazy piss head who's problems are mental not just physical United have an exellent medical team and facilities so i dont think he's got away with sitting in the stands with just a sick note from his mum he's had a bad time with injuries thats all nothing to do with just collecting money and being a lazy twit. We know what Moyes can do with players and if he gets Saha fit and rearing to go him together with Yak will be imo one of the best pairings in the league if played together which i think will be the case.

Edited by EFC-Paul

i think its a good signing, id be suprised if its more than £2m.

i honestly think if he is fit moyes will play him. a lot of the united players were saying if he was fit they recon they would have won the league a lot earlier. the young lads are always saying how much they learn from pip, maybe the young forwards will learn a bit from saha

sorry I was getting mixed up with Saha a little, VDM was about £1.5m from memory, hardly a back breaker. If he was fit and had been playing spectacularly for years then you could times that figure by 10 and we would never have been able to sign him. Every transfer is a gamble, a lot of people wanted us to sign Nugent (I wasn't one of them) yet he's turned out to be an expensive donkey for Pompey. Every manager gets it wrong, but it's better to get it wrong for 0-1.5m than it is for £10m. We sold Michael Ball for about £8m or something, he was then injury plagued for about 2-3 years and has never been the same player, it can happen to anyone. I think Saha is a good signing, he's a lot better than Alan Smith that's for certain.

on that we are agreed :lol::lol:

its priority to get at least some signings in the bag, but i reckon this guy is goin nowhere. ihope he'll come good but he seems lazy; he never tried to help his career and move out the premiership, he just sat on the bench earnin wages at united. at least theres another experienced striker in the team now. good grab for about 2 mil tho, much better than smudge as you say. :)

its priority to get at least some signings in the bag, but i reckon this guy is goin nowhere. ihope he'll come good but he seems lazy; he never tried to help his career and move out the premiership, he just sat on the bench earnin wages at united. at least theres another experienced striker in the team now. good grab for about 2 mil tho, much better than smudge as you say. :)

He hasnt been sat on the bench collecting wages he's been injured for some time up until recently

My thoughts about vdm exacatly he's a waster simple as that

It is another player competing for a place.

We all moan that noone has come in and we get a goalscorer and people start to scrutinise.

the guy is proven class, not so long ago he played in champs league and scored a belter. the guy is a top top player, and id rather him than healy, larsson or anyone who has been linked.

we've got 4 players for nothing

It is another player competing for a place.

We all moan that noone has come in and we get a goalscorer and people start to scrutinise.

the guy is proven class, not so long ago he played in champs league and scored a belter. the guy is a top top player, and id rather him than healy, larsson or anyone who has been linked.

we've got 4 players for nothing

And he was free!

Great deal!

wizzard_wallce 55 -:but i reckon this guy is goin nowhere. ihope he'll come good but he seems lazy;

I remember everyone saying how lazy the yak was twelve months ago. Moyes seems to get the best out of these so called lazy players. I'm not sure what method he uses to pep them up, "perhaps red-bull" tongue in cheek!. Does it matter? The fact is Moyes has this ability and as one of you already mentioned.

You never really know how a signing will turn out. Sometimes the most appealing signings are complete flops and the most unlikely absolute gems.