IGNORED

Joleon In Latest England Squad!

c1982

Bullard called into England squad

Jimmy Bullard has been included in the England squad for the first time for the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers away to Andorra and Croatia.

Bullard gets his chance with Steven Gerrard, Owen Hargreaves and Michael Carrick all ruled out by injury.

Newcastle striker Michael Owen has been left out and Portsmouth's Peter Crouch misses out on a place again.

Robert Green and Joleon Lescott return while David Beckham and Theo Walcott stay in Fabio Capello's 23-man party.

Fair play Jimmy - I'd have you here any day!

The first time I feel a little bit annoyed with an Everton players inclusion in the squad. On recent performances he doesn't deserve it. Playing for England means you should be on top of your game, which he isn't. If he played for England now he is not just representing Engalnd, he is also representing Everton and I feel that he would do us an injustice at the moment.

Capello must be clueless if he thinks his inclusion is a good idea.

The first time I feel a little bit annoyed with an Everton players inclusion in the squad. On recent performances he doesn't deserve it. Playing for England means you should be on top of your game, which he isn't. If he played for England now he is not just representing Engalnd, he is also representing Everton and I feel that he would do us an injustice at the moment.

Capello must be clueless if he thinks his inclusion is a good idea.

If he plays Joleon at left-back he should be a good addition to the squad. It's only at Centre-Back that he's been shocking. Capello must have the thought of playing Joleon at left-back.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...4099074,00.html

I'm actually scared he could embarrass us if his recent perfromances are anything to go by :huh:

What happens if he does, they'll drop him. Hopefully that will give the lad a chance to recapture his form and may be it will sink home with him that he is a left back :rolleyes:

J.Lo hasn't done himself any injustices, I was worried he would get shown up be luckily he's been ok.

On a note about England though. How does Joe Cole not start under Capello? In my opinion he has been the best and most consistant England performer for about four or so years now, he is definatly the best attacking player in an England shirt and is one of the few players who can perform on the international scene as well as on the domestic.

I'd also like to see Ashley Young given more of a chance, he's a damn sight better than Stewart Can't Cross a Ball to Save His Life Downing (that is officially his full name by the way.

On a note about England though. How does Joe Cole not start under Capello? In my opinion he has been the best and most consistant England performer for about four or so years now, he is definatly the best attacking player in an England shirt and is one of the few players who can perform on the international scene as well as on the domestic.

I'd also like to see Ashley Young given more of a chance, he's a damn sight better than Stewart Can't Cross a Ball to Save His Life Downing (that is officially his full name by the way.

England need to bring Aaron Lennon back into the team. He's always fast and causes havoc in other defences. We need someone that is very fast that will run at the opposition and prove hard to handle. I would like to see Joe Cole in the England squad more often along with Aaron Lennon. I'm not too sure about Ashley Young TBH. I'm just not one of his fans.

i dont know how anyone would want lennon in before young. imo agbonlahor should be in the squad too. the way villa play gabby and young wide of the big fella woeks great for me. but where do you play rooney? whos englands carew? i guess thats why capello gets paid so much

England need to bring Aaron Lennon back into the team. He's always fast and causes havoc in other defences. We need someone that is very fast that will run at the opposition and prove hard to handle. I would like to see Joe Cole in the England squad more often along with Aaron Lennon. I'm not too sure about Ashley Young TBH. I'm just not one of his fans.

Got to disagree with you. Personally I think Lennon is pretty useless. He has pace, but no end product what so ever. He can only take the ball past someone with pace, not skill, and considering he is a profesional footballer his crossing ability and distribution is really awful. I would prefer SWP over Lennon, and he is not exactley setting the world a light.

Well i thought under Capello we'd see massive changes as am sure most of you lads did but he seems to be playing it safe, i know its abit of topic but id really like to see the younger lads come in and get a chance to gel to International football or otherwise they will get tossed in willynilly and have no chance, We have played this setup or very very similer for some years now and its obviously not working very well so bloody change it gets on my tits tbh that we can see it but these clowns cant :angry: If we had a fit squad to choose from what and who would you lads like to see?

-----------------------Green---------------------------

Johnson-----Terry-------------Ferdinand-----A.Cole

---------------------------------------------------------

--------------------Huddlestone-----------------------

Bently----------------J.Cole--------------------Young

-------------Walcott------------------------------------

------------------------------Agbonhalor--------------

i cant see joe cole playing centre mid really. couldnt really leave out rooney imo hes the best player we have

I think that Joe Cole is a better player for England. Ronney hasn't done anything in an England shirt since Euro 2004.

I don't think playing him centre mid is the best idea though, he needs more of a free role out wide. I don't know what we should do with Rooney at the momenet though. He is just not performing for us, i think that he needs more of a challenge for his role. But who can really challenge him, we have so many english strikers who in world terms rate just above average. Ashton, Agbonlahor, Crouch, Defoe... good strikers but hardly brilliant. Compare them to some of the strikers on display for the rest of the world you see how poor they are. Even in the prem you could pick 10-15 strikers much better than them that are not english

Rooney is a good player for England as he is one of few that has the desire but at the end of the day he's a striker and his record is pretty poor his contribution in an England shirt is more that of a Midfielder. I've changed my mind ^_^ this is how my team would look, I think imo Rooney would suit a sort of free role just behind the front two as we know he can create and push forward very well. Im not a big fan of Bently tbh as his delivery is good he has no pace or skill to skip past players where as Lennon has the latter but his delivery is worse then my local takeaway, the other opstion is SWP who may come good at City.

Bently----------------Rooney--------------------J.Cole

Edited by EFC-Paul

Rooney is a good player for England as he is one of few that has the desire but at the end of the day he's a striker and his record is pretty poor his contribution in an England shirt is more that of a Midfielder. I've changed my mind ^_^ this is how my team would look

Bently----------------Rooney--------------------J.Cole

Huddlestone isn't good enough yet to the holding role. Hargreaves is much better in that postion and has proven he can deliver on the internatinal scene. As for your front two, again I can't see them working. Both too lightwieght. Aggy does well for Villa with having the massive lump of Carew up front with him. Maybe pairing Aggy and Heskey could possibly work. Also Rooney in centre mid wouldn't work for me.

--------------------James-------------------

Johnson---- Terry ----Ferdinand -----Cole

----------------Hargreaves-----------------

Bentley---------------------------------J.Cole

-------------------Gerrard-------------------

------------Rooney----- Ashton------------

This is the team I would be starting with at the moment. Its harldy perfect, especially upfront. But we have so few very very good choices that its hard to find a brilliant pairing.

Huddlestone isn't good enough yet to the holding role. Hargreaves is much better in that postion and has proven he can deliver on the internatinal scene. As for your front two, again I can't see them working. Both too lightwieght. Aggy does well for Villa with having the massive lump of Carew up front with him. Maybe pairing Aggy and Heskey could possibly work. Also Rooney in centre mid wouldn't work for me.

This is the team I would be starting with at the moment. Its harldy perfect, especially upfront. But we have so few very very good choices that its hard to find a brilliant pairing.

I agree Jamie mate that prolly is the best we have at present to offer, the team i put up was more of a future team i should have said given time to gel and gain experiance if you get my drift. Either way anyone puts it at this moment in time i dont think where going to be a good international team for some years compared to how other nations are coming on leeps and bounds whereas we seem to be stuck in second gear all the time, not looking forword to the Croatia game :(

At the end of the day Rooney just doesnt score for england. I checked up on this statement and realized I'm right, he's only scored twice in competitive internationals for the past four years. I'm sorry but I know everyone says he's a playmaker but first and foremost he's a striker. Drop Rooney and put Crouch alongside Defoe in my opinion.

At the end of the day Rooney just doesnt score for england. I checked up on this statement and realized I'm right, he's only scored twice in competitive internationals for the past four years. I'm sorry but I know everyone says he's a playmaker but first and foremost he's a striker. Drop Rooney and put Crouch alongside Defoe in my opinion.

I dont rate Crouch tbh not at International level anyway, his record on paper for England is good but against very poor opposition. He simply wouldnt work against teams with a strong backline imo, id have him as an impact player for the 20 thats about it. Defoe is a Decent Prem striker but i cant see him ever cutting it as an International player tbh. I'd much rather Darren Bent prove his critics wrong and get in the team ahead of Crouch and Defoe. I agree about Rooney like but atleast he plays for the shirt and has that desire to play he's a tough one to make a call on tbh.

Edited by EFC-Paul