63 replies to this topic

#1 gazebo

gazebo

Daniel Amokachi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2008 - 10:45

Why is it that a crap team like City can attract that sort of investmnt to make them the richest club in the country.

WTF is BK doing. He is completely incompetant. Get someone else in now who can afford to take us where we want to be.

e.i. Chmpions league every year.

Unless it happens ten we will stuggle to even make the UEFA every now and again.

#2 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,611 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2008 - 16:31

No and Bill Kenwright more than likely does not read ToffeeTalk.
Get Michael Owen in? Do you not think that is "scratting around" on the last day of the transfer window?

I've read that there has been interest in buying Everton but Kenwright wants around eight times what he paid in 1999.

#3 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2008 - 16:36

I've read that there has been interest in buying Everton but Kenwright wants around eight times what he paid in 1999.

Where did you read that Louis?

#4 gy-blues

gy-blues

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2008 - 16:49

Yeah sounds about right to me. On the rich list i believe everton were quoted as being worth at least a few hundred million. If Kenwright was such a true blue he would lower his sale price and be happy to take his money back or small profit. People talk all the time about Kenwright being skint but he has pretty much increased his money ten fold in the shares he bought in everton, sold everthing we own and not put one dime back in! A TRUE BLUE!!!!!!!!

#5 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • 13,611 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2008 - 16:52

In an email a while ago from a shareholder.

Over the years there have been a few names mentioned with regards to a takeover. Gerry White, Paul Finnegan (Rage Games), Ian Kilbridge (did he ever get back to SteveO?), Fortress Sports Fund :huh: and more recently Lakshil Mittal.

#6 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2008 - 17:56

i got a reply from his assitant, i frequently get detailed business emails too, like i been added to a mailing list. his assistant said what a mad blue he was and she would ask him to get in touch. he never did. he has got a billboard on the main stand though.

add david mclean to your list there louis

#7 Philinsuffolk

Philinsuffolk

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2008 - 17:57

I can tell you 1 thing if comparing with City. City really did get a fantastic dea in regard to their ground (the former Commonwealth Games stadium) - trust me they paid about the same as the value of a bag of crisps.

for the money men, the status of a club in terms of its ground is a big factor.

We are also having to compete with the worldwide branding that LFC have - I don't like it either, but it IS a factor and we can't compete with it.

#8 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2008 - 19:01

In an email a while ago from a shareholder.

Over the years there have been a few names mentioned with regards to a takeover. Gerry White, Paul Finnegan (Rage Games), Ian Kilbridge (did he ever get back to SteveO?), Fortress Sports Fund :huh: and more recently Lakshil Mittal.

Take it from me if they were serious they'd mount a take over as simple as that, look at DIC at Liverpool. Window shopping and buying are two different things. If anyone was interested in buying us out they could be as aggressive as they like, BK couldn't resist as he would lose what fan support he has so no until I see it in black and white it is simply gossip, unsubstantiated gossip at that.

#9 linglong

linglong

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2008 - 23:11

BK doesnt want to sell his toy..for the love of god city now mean biusness they're going to be a force like chelsea where mainly through sheer ammounts of cash they now have..we in the meantime go after has beens

Edited by linglong, 01 Sep 2008 - 23:12.

#10 DonKey

DonKey

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2008 - 23:16

It's only one player for now though!

January could be interesting!

#11 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,175 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2008 - 23:19

It's only one player for now though!

January could be interesting!

January will be too late, our season will already be over by that time.

#12 linglong

linglong

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2008 - 23:20

January will be too late, our season will already be over by that time.

Yes i fear it will sadly

10 football free weeks the board have had and it comes down to this bit of a shambles tbh

#13 DonKey

DonKey

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2008 - 23:20

I meant for City.

#14 linglong

linglong

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2008 - 23:22

I meant for City.

Next season thier time will come and who knows who'll they'll go for come january?

City are the new chelsea

#15 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 03:09

great they just got robinho as well. they really are the new chelsea <_<

#16 EFC-Paul

EFC-Paul

If you are going through hell....keep going

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 06:52

I was reading up on there new owners the abu dhabi group and the man at the front of it was saying how much money for transfers will be avialable come january he said something like a 100mil but didnt want to say that amount was concrete because more would likely be available! also said that abramovich has pumped 1billion into Chelsea so far :o frighting really, I think its pretty obvious the ground is a big reason why prospective buyers may not want a hand in our club which tbh is understandable considering the extorsionate amount of money stadium builds cost over here, i do think in the near future our club will change hands maybe if this season goes pearshaped and we take big leaps backwards it may come sooner.

#17 linglong

linglong

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 07:26

For me at least with city now,like it or not,becoming a big player in the premiership the time must surely be right for BK to sell up and move..now wether he feels that way is another matter of course

But i fear if he doesnt the club will move if not backwards then just sideways and thats not good enough for us.

#18 scouse

scouse

Joe Royle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 08:50

The guy on SSN was saying that clubs can not just rely on skysports and merchanise income etc anymore that is why even traditionally run clubs such as liverpoo looked globally for investment. Sorry times for us blues unless BK goes as we are falling behind the likes of Villa, City and Spurs in the race for Europe.

#19 linglong

linglong

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 09:23

The guy on SSN was saying that clubs can not just rely on skysports and merchanise income etc anymore that is why even traditionally run clubs such as liverpoo looked globally for investment. Sorry times for us blues unless BK goes as we are falling behind the likes of Villa, City and Spurs in the race for Europe.

Yes the goalposts have moved big time with this takeover thats for sure,the fact that city can be taken over and spend what 50 mill on players,not including SWP is staggering but it shows that there are moneymen who are prepared to throw money at a club to make it successful

But while BK dithers we will be left behind with the pack of and i hate to use this term,also rans surely Green or someone close to him can maybe tell him this and allow him and more importantly the club to move onto bigger and better things before the money dries up completly

#20 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 09:34

We will only sell this club as a going concern if we all pull together. Gossip and rumour mongering about the board and its members does not endear the club to any potential buyer, can you see a potential buyer pulling into the ground having gone passed signs calling the incumbent owner every swine under the sun, it is wrong and should stop.

Personally I think it is a load of bollocks this Bill will sell or won't sell argument. If someone came in and wanted to take over they would. If Bill refused to sell his position would become untenable and the club would suffer and I'm sure even Bill would not want that no matter what you say about him.

From my own view point I find this billionaire trend sad, very sad as football was at one time a working class game that has been stolen. In truth is those Arabs had taken over at GP yesterday I'd still feel the same. The sport has lost its 'kick the can' roots and I find that very sad. I know that if we are to survive similar has to happen to us, hopefully I'll be in my grave by then because in selling abroad we cash in on our history because it will not be ours any more it will be a rich mans toy

#21 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 09:40

I wonder how long Mark Hughes will last at Citeh, just a thought

#22 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 09:44

3 guys who work for me are all City season ticket holders and despite what most people think they are not overly happy about the takeover. One of them said they actually feel sad as they have definitely lost their club now to the billionaires playgroud where youth players won't get a look in etc

Just goes to show money isn't everything, City fans feeling they have lost their club despite 32m Robinho signing!

#23 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 09:46

3 guys who work for me are all City season ticket holders and despite what most people think they are not overly happy about the takeover. One of them said they actually feel sad as they have definitely lost their club now to the billionaires playgroud where youth players won't get a look in etc

Just goes to show money isn't everything, City fans feeling they have lost their club despite 32m Robinho signing!

Clearly like me they are old arse supporters cus I know where they are coming from

#24 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,496 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 10:01

Clearly like me they are old arse supporters cus I know where they are coming from

I think you and i are of a similar age group Jimmy, or maybe i just beat you by 5 or 10 years. :)

#25 linglong

linglong

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 10:20

I wonder how long Mark Hughes will last at Citeh, just a thought

Months if not weeks tbh

#26 linglong

linglong

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 10:21

I think if it came down to it i'd sooner have these men running the show rather than a man who's looking more like a crook than a buisnessman

#27 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 10:58

I think if it came down to it i'd sooner have these men running the show rather than a man who's looking more like a crook than a buisnessman

Why? What illegal business dealings has Bill done?

#28 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 12:09

I think you and i are of a similar age group Jimmy, or maybe i just beat you by 5 or 10 years. :)

have you made 60 yet? I've got my bus pass :lol: :lol:

#29 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,429 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 12:39

have you made 60 yet? I've got my bus pass :lol: :lol:

Bill has grandchildren who have bus passes Jimmy :P .

#30 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 14:52

Bill has grandchildren who have bus passes Jimmy :P .

Bloomin heck its my father in law :lol: :lol: :lol:

#31 carlmc25

carlmc25

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2008 - 15:16

We will only sell this club as a going concern if we all pull together. Gossip and rumour mongering about the board and its members does not endear the club to any potential buyer, can you see a potential buyer pulling into the ground having gone passed signs calling the incumbent owner every swine under the sun, it is wrong and should stop.

Personally I think it is a load of bollocks this Bill will sell or won't sell argument. If someone came in and wanted to take over they would. If Bill refused to sell his position would become untenable and the club would suffer and I'm sure even Bill would not want that no matter what you say about him.

From my own view point I find this billionaire trend sad, very sad as football was at one time a working class game that has been stolen. In truth is those Arabs had taken over at GP yesterday I'd still feel the same. The sport has lost its 'kick the can' roots and I find that very sad. I know that if we are to survive similar has to happen to us, hopefully I'll be in my grave by then because in selling abroad we cash in on our history because it will not be ours any more it will be a rich mans toy

Excellent post. As Jimmy said, if there was a seriously interested buyer out there Bill Kenwright would have no chance holding on to Everton and I don't think for one minute he'd want to stand in the way of what was best for the club, the sad truth is we just aren't an attractive proposition. As Jimmy also rightly said, some of the fans we do have who seem intent on slagging the board at every opportunity and doing their best to look for the negative in every situation will not endear us to potential investors.

At the end of the day I for one believe Kenwright is doing his best and without a better offer on the table then he gets my support. This close season has had some ups and downs, no question, but Moyes has continuously said how hard Kenwright has worked and stories say that Kenwright doesn't even take a wage from the club. Whatever your feelings are about the board, the bottom line is they're what we've got and it isn't going to change until a better offer comes in so just get used to it and support the club instead of breeding discontent.

#32 linglong

linglong

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 Sep 2008 - 00:55

Why? What illegal business dealings has Bill done?

I was talking about citys former chairman

Though it has to be said BK's acting was at best criminal :D

Edited by linglong, 03 Sep 2008 - 00:55.

#33 Danny_Evertonian_For_Life

Danny_Evertonian_For_Life

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 Sep 2008 - 17:43

Dont want to wreck the party but to be honest I don't really want a billionaire foreign owner taking over the club. It's necessary and if we don't get one in then in five years we'll be playing championship football but at the end of the day this is how shit football has become. United, Madrid, Arseal, Liverpool used to put up the argument that to get billionaire investors you have to win things. What has Man City won? Nothing! :angry:
If we want an investor all we can do is try and finish well this season and see what turns up. <_<

#34 street end

street end

Wayne Rooney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 Sep 2008 - 18:24

Agree with a lot of what jimmy is saying we do need to pull together now starting with Moyes signing a new contract asap that should give us a bit of solidarity we have all got to dig in and get behind the club but we do need to learn lessons from what went on these last couple of months we dont want this all over again in January if we cant afford any big signings then tell us we might not like it but at least our hopes will not be built up all i want is a bit more honesty and the club to be a bit more open about things because no matter what happens i will still go to the game and give my undying support come on moyes get signing COYB :)

#35 StevO

StevO

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 03 Sep 2008 - 19:33

i do agree with what you lads say, but in all honesty until the second EGM has passed i cant see any sort of pulling together, and also not least until some sort of agreement with the stadium issue too

#36 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 03 Sep 2008 - 19:49

i do agree with what you lads say, but in all honesty until the second EGM has passed i cant see any sort of pulling together, and also not least until some sort of agreement with the stadium issue too

That Steve is half the problem, most want to pull together but KEIOC keep on saying we won't give up until we get our way, that is the tail wagging the dog mate.

I was thinking earlier that it would not surprise me if Moyes walked especially if his mate Billy gets a hard time tonight. Lets pull together for our blue cause without self interest before its too late and if that means telling the minority 'if we don't get our way' brigade to sod off then so be it. I have always been prepared to accept the oput come of any vote by the fans, I only wish others were.

If we have a new stadium then we stand some chance of attracting investment. Bill admits he is a pauper in modern terms thus acknowledging he cannot take us forward, that said I to don't want us to become a rich mans play thing. One thing is certain if those Arabs had looked at us and what was going on behind the scenes before checking Citeh out their choice would have been made for them.

#37 Danny_Evertonian_For_Life

Danny_Evertonian_For_Life

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 Sep 2008 - 20:43

BK doesnt want to sell his toy..for the love of god city now mean biusness they're going to be a force like chelsea where mainly through sheer ammounts of cash they now have..we in the meantime go after has beens

I'm sorry but at the end of the day I'd rather have a man who loves Everton as much as I do at the helm of the club than a foreign investor. We're THE PEOPLES club! Just because Man City have got a billionaire owner doesnt mean we should be calling for Knewright's bollocks.

#38 StevO

StevO

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 04 Sep 2008 - 21:54

That Steve is half the problem, most want to pull together but KEIOC keep on saying we won't give up until we get our way, that is the tail wagging the dog mate.

I was thinking earlier that it would not surprise me if Moyes walked especially if his mate Billy gets a hard time tonight. Lets pull together for our blue cause without self interest before its too late and if that means telling the minority 'if we don't get our way' brigade to sod off then so be it. I have always been prepared to accept the oput come of any vote by the fans, I only wish others were.

If we have a new stadium then we stand some chance of attracting investment. Bill admits he is a pauper in modern terms thus acknowledging he cannot take us forward, that said I to don't want us to become a rich mans play thing. One thing is certain if those Arabs had looked at us and what was going on behind the scenes before checking Citeh out their choice would have been made for them.

i wouldnt be so sure the people against the move are the minority. even with all the lies it was still a very close vote, and since the lies came out a lot of people have changed their mind.
im pretty sure if the vote was open again it would be a no. even if we just ran a poll across TT for a week, a simple yes and no vote, i think the majority are now against this particular proposal.

#39 carlmc25

carlmc25

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 04 Sep 2008 - 21:54

I just saw this on the bbc site in an article about the new owners of City:

'When the Arab investors decided they wanted to purchase a Premier League football club, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool were also in their thoughts before they settled on City.
The Manchester club was the choice because Arsenal's major shareholders have collectively agreed not to sell to anybody in the near future, Newcastle were quoted at 400m and Liverpool were deemed poor value because of the need for a new stadium.'

If they think Liverpool are poor value because of the need for a new stadium then what hope do we have? (which is why we need the stadium sorted ASAP).

#40 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 05 Sep 2008 - 05:00

everybody go check out goal.com recent articles on man city, they are now fkn talking about bidding very very big bucks in january for buffon, ronaldo and kaka. arghhhhhhhhh that'll fkn irritates me if they actually go there.... :angry: :angry: :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users