IGNORED

Fellani, Saha, Nash

Daniel

I am one of those blues that at the beginning of the season was sitting in the lower tier of the gladys, booing the team off the field and spreading bullshit on forums about how we were going to have a shite season.

I am delighted to have been proved wrong.

I was at de Standard Liege game and saw how Fellani in arteta-style took Liverpool apart whenever he went offensive, and i don't think i'm exxagerating in saying we've got a second arteta. £15m is a lot of money for him and i am a bit dubious seeing as the only good player we've splashed out on recently and has not disapointed is the yak.

Looking forward to seeing Saha in action, he can act as a supportman for Yakubu and put a few goals a way himself - if he stays fit.

And lastly with Carlo Nash in the team we can sleep soundly knowing we've got an experienced keeper who has proved himself in the top-flight as understudy to Howard, and additionaly we can put Iain Turner back in the resereves where he belongs.

In short, unless something goes horribly wrong and Fellani becomes a second Van Der Meyde, Saha becomes a second Beattie and Nash breaks his leg I can only see things going up very rapidly. COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s: David Moyes we love you

pp.s Nice one BK ;)

Nash for me is a journeyman player a bit like Wessels last season

Saha could come off and be a decent signing..or he'll keep VDM company in the sick (the more likely option)

Fellani though will go one of 2 ways..he'll either set the premiership alight and we'll be as happy as pigs in shit..or the likely scenario he'll take time to settle while the team itself is struggling for form and he may take the brunt of fans frustration,either way we wont see the best of him for a good 6 months at least

Saha could come off and be a decent signing..or he'll keep VDM company in the sick (the more likely option)

Fellani though will go one of 2 ways..he'll either set the premiership alight and we'll be as happy as pigs in shit..or the likely scenario he'll take time to settle while the team itself is struggling for form and he may take the brunt of fans frustration,either way we wont see the best of him for a good 6 months at least

Nash is a journeyman with better credentials than Wessels on top of which he is a life long Blue, he'll do me.

We should tell saha that VDM called him a prick, that should keep them apart :lol:

Fellani, can't wait to see him in a blue shirt but like you I have reservations

MOYES GET THAT BLOODY CONTRACT SIGNED NOW AND WE'LL ALL BE HAPPIER

Edited by Jimmy the blue

I think the circumstances surrounding Saha's transfer are in our favour.

1. He's come from within that culture at Man U. Professional and I can't recall seeing him in the papers once for being

pissed, or slagging his mates off.

2. He comes to us with a point to prove.

Nash must know that he's not going to get many games, and so the move for him is a realisation of a dream. Experienced cover that a lot of folk thought was needed.

Fellaini looked very impressive against the Shite. Hopefully he can continue that level of performance here.

What a difference a day makes. (There's a song in that somewhere :) )

1. He's come from within that culture at Man U. Professional and I can't recall seeing him in the papers once for being

Nash must know that he's not going to get many games, and so the move for him is a realisation of a dream. Experienced cover that a lot of folk thought was needed.

Fellaini looked very impressive against the Shite. Hopefully he can continue that level of performance here.

Imagine if we had got Obina as well, no matter the club officials did great in the end although intensive care units across Merseyside are full Blues with heart attacks :lol:

Edited by Jimmy the blue

I think Fellaini will settle quickly. You must remember with regard to match fitness, he must be at least 1 month ahead of the rest of the team and has played well in high level competetive matches so far. With our 'Team' ethic, we have seen the majority of new players bed in very quickly over the last few seasons, with injury generally being the reason this hasn't happened. I don't see Fellaini being any different. SkySports say it is a coup that Everton picked this lad up, and on a 5 year contract. It just goes to show that Moyes is committed also for the near future, as he is securing young talent on long contracts. It took its time coming, but I think we are almost ready for another good season.

Edited by BlueBri

Good points all :)

the last one..this time yesterday man city looked to be skint :huh: now look at them

Took my breath away that one

Good points all :)

the last one..this time yesterday man city looked to be skint :huh: now look at them

Took my breath away that one

I think everyone was a little surprised, especially with the takeover rumours abound. I'm going to stick my neck out here though, I think Robinho will flop. He will have undoubted flashes of genius, but the rigours of the EPL will show through. He will struggle to shine in a team that is starting to look a bit 'thrown' together. Chelsea only managed to maintain their position because they had an exceptional manager who bought well, despite having to buy players he didn't want i.e. Schevchenko. I don't think Sparky is up to it and Man City are fickle at the best of times, unbelievably so under Shinawatra. They will push all the way this season, but I don't expect them to do well for a year or two if they are given stability. I am a firm believer in consitent and patient growth. All of the most successful teams have proved this year on year. And the way we are going, Premiership title 10/11 season???? (Just put that in for flavour, but anything is possible, and I believe in moyes. I also believe in fairies, but there you go:) )

I'll be happy once Moyes signs a new contract. until then i cn't really relax.

Despite these signings i am still incredibly annoyed with how the club is being run. Its a joke. Sure we evetually got Fellani, but if we really wanted him then why couldn't we have got him months ago? His price will have been inflated because of his appearance in the champions league, andit also means he is cup tied.

I am happy with the signing, but not the way its been done.

As for the other signings, Nash doesn't effect me one bit, Saha could be good if he stays fit, but its a very big if. Jacobson probably won't see much football and again has fitness question marks. Castillio looks a good plauyer, but for me question marks remain whether he will cut it at the top level.

Overall I am glad we have finally got bodies in, but they are clearly not 1st choice, and they should have come alot earlier. We have already dropped 6 silly points.

I think everyone was a little surprised, especially with the takeover rumours abound. I'm going to stick my neck out here though, I think Robinho will flop. He will have undoubted flashes of genius, but the rigours of the EPL will show through. He will struggle to shine in a team that is starting to look a bit 'thrown' together. Chelsea only managed to maintain their position because they had an exceptional manager who bought well, despite having to buy players he didn't want i.e. Schevchenko. I don't think Sparky is up to it and Man City are fickle at the best of times, unbelievably so under Shinawatra. They will push all the way this season, but I don't expect them to do well for a year or two if they are given stability. I am a firm believer in consitent and patient growth. All of the most successful teams have proved this year on year. And the way we are going, Premiership title 10/11 season???? (Just put that in for flavour, but anything is possible, and I believe in moyes. I also believe in fairies, but there you go:) )

100% agree with you over city..thier time will be next season and i think robhino will struggle a bit too but they will and can more improtanlly throw money at the club to get it right..and i'll say this Hughes wont be there this time next season,mark my words :)

As for the thrown together bit of thier squad,well its a bit like us calling the pot for being off white..i dont think DM had our own "superstars" in mind back in june,i think he had other players in mind of that i'm sure,not carlo nash etc..

Edited by linglong

I'll be happy once Moyes signs a new contract. until then i cn't really relax.

Despite these signings i am still incredibly annoyed with how the club is being run. Its a joke. Sure we evetually got Fellani, but if we really wanted him then why couldn't we have got him months ago? His price will have been inflated because of his appearance in the champions league, andit also means he is cup tied.

As for the other signings, Nash doesn't effect me one bit, Saha could be good if he stays fit, but its a very big if. Jacobson probably won't see much football and again has fitness question marks. Castillio looks a good plauyer, but for me question marks remain whether he will cut it at the top level.

Overall I am glad we have finally got bodies in, but they are clearly not 1st choice, and they should have come alot earlier. We have already dropped 6 silly points.

Once again its hard to disagree with you,god i like this place..sensible discussion nice to see :D

(...)

I honestly don't think Fellaini would have left Liège if they had qualified for the CL. For knowing the lad a bit, he would have put club before money for one more season. Hence the deal being finalised that late, added to the perspective of not having to face a fierce opponent who has now moved to your side. Clever move by Moyes.

I honestly don't think Fellaini would have left Liège if they had qualified for the CL. For knowing the lad a bit, he would have put club before money for one more season. Hence the deal being finalised that late, added to the perspective of not having to face a fierce opponent who has now moved to your side. Clever move by Moyes.

Thats a good point actually. To be honest if he can perform week in week out as well as he did when he played Liverpool then I will be delighted. From now on, that is all that really matters.

Mind you, we'd been warned by Liverpool fans on a forum: "Now that you've drawn Everton, Moyes will go into asset-stripping". Now that is nous!

Haha. Good guess on there behalf. In fairness Moyes is not known for that at all, I wouldn't say he has ever acted in the market to "strip assets" from upcoming teams. We simply don't have the financial clout to do that.

Reading the Echo it looks like Moyes was big time after Felliani, after seeing him play I can understand why. As good as Moutinho might have been, I think the priority had to be to get someone physical in, someone with stature. It looks like Castillo will be playing the Carsley role and I think that means Felliani is going to be our Steven Gerrard type player, box to box, who can influence games and grab them by the scruff of the neck - something we haven't had in decades, apart from possibly Gravesen on occasion. Felliani is exactly what we needed, just a pity we've had a bit of a dodgy start but if we can get Pienaar, Cahill and Osman back quickly then we can really go places again. Hopefully in January we'll strengthen the flanks a bit and possibly up front. Can't wait until I see this guy play, it also means Jags can move to CB and once again with Lescott LB we'll now be a threat on set-pieces (Lescott, Yobo, Jags, Felliani).

Reading the Echo it looks like Moyes was big time after Felliani, after seeing him play I can understand why. As good as Moutinho might have been, I think the priority had to be to get someone physical in, someone with stature. It looks like Castillo will be playing the Carsley role and I think that means Felliani is going to be our Steven Gerrard type player, box to box, who can influence games and grab them by the scruff of the neck - something we haven't had in decades, apart from possibly Gravesen on occasion. Felliani is exactly what we needed, just a pity we've had a bit of a dodgy start but if we can get Pienaar, Cahill and Osman back quickly then we can really go places again. Hopefully in January we'll strengthen the flanks a bit and possibly up front. Can't wait until I see this guy play, it also means Jags can move to CB and once again with Lescott LB we'll now be a threat on set-pieces (Lescott, Yobo, Jags, Felliani).

Moyes says on SSN that our scouts had tracked Felliani for two years.............................I'd like to believe him but if this was so why did we spend so much time chasing Mountinho, similar players and both at the top of our budget range?

Personally I think we just through money at Liege for Felliani in the hope that it would stick and we'd at least get someone in to appease the fans (especially in light of the EGM coming up). I feel we've vastly overpaid for this kid and I just hope that it pays off and he ends up being a bargain and part of our midfield for man years to come. Don't get me wrong I'm glad we've signed him but I think we've gone a bit insane on the money side - £15million which will rise over his contract is too much IMO.

Moyes says on SSN that our scouts had tracked Felliani for two years.............................I'd like to believe him but if this was so why did we spend so much time chasing Mountinho, similar players and both at the top of our budget range?

Moyes said Standard said they wouldn't sell him at any price, that's he watched him for 2 years and been in contact for the last 2 weeks. He probably hoped to sign M'Bia as a cheaper alternative but when they started putting the price up he thought for that price he may as well go for the man he really wants. We need Felliani more than we need Moutinho, I think Moyes recognised this so threw everything we had at him, he still hinted that there could be more money to spend in January, plus Moutinho was going to cost more, maybe just too much to take the risk on him.

Personally I think we just through money at Liege for Felliani in the hope that it would stick and we'd at least get someone in to appease the fans (especially in light of the EGM coming up). I feel we've vastly overpaid for this kid and I just hope that it pays off and he ends up being a bargain and part of our midfield for man years to come. Don't get me wrong I'm glad we've signed him but I think we've gone a bit insane on the money side - £15million which will rise over his contract is too much IMO.

I guess time will only tell. He does seem to have alot of potentialand seems to offer in midfield what we are currently lacking. The price is high, but at the moment any player with even a whiff of potential has stupid money attached to them. Oh well, if we want to play the modern game we willhave to pay for modern prices.

Also I have been thinking about Saha a fair bit today, never really gave him huge amounts of thought before, but i think he could prove to be a very shrewd signing. When fit it will be fantastic not to have to call on Vic and actually have some experience on the bench. I would still like to see Vaughny start, but Saha on the bench could give us good experienced options, lets just hope he can get fit, and when and if he does he can be a very good option for us.

Damn, this transfer messed the Fellaini Song up...

anyway, good transfer for your side, this guy is very young but extremely talented... technic meets powerness

his strong points are technic, as I said, attacking and defensive header, hiss powerplay (a real box to box mildfielder), his toughness... and I would say that he's a nice, simple and hard working guy

weak points are his feet play in the attacking box (I mean he's not a striker) and he gets too much yellow cards (he has the bad side of his youngness)

so, in my opinion, if he goes on trainning hard and if he stay cool with money, he sould be one of the best Premier League's midfielder

good luck, marouane !

Edited by Sentenza