IGNORED

Moyes: Is He Worth £3.4 Million Pounds A Season?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AJs old man wasnt convinced he wanted, to leave, he still isnt. he didnt have a transfer budget, and you must see that too. we brought in £16m and spent £15m, moyes has said since contract talks began, he wants to know if the club have the same ambition as he does.

the simple mathematics show, that if we did have a transfer budget as you tell me, then it was -£1m. ok, lets give the mcfadden money as the budget, to help your point along, even though the money wasnt spent after it came in, that still only leaves £6m. thats just not good enough in the modern game. i know that, you know that and david moyes knows that.

I've seen the transcript from the London papers, they never carried that either, do you have a link?

he said it in his press conference when he first signed. probably find it on skysports.com if you scroll back though the videos far enough

Edited by StevO

AJs old man wasnt convinced he wanted, to leave, he still isnt. he didnt have a transfer budget, and you must see that too. we brought in £16m and spent £15m, moyes has said since contract talks began, he wants to know if the club have the same ambition as he does.

the simple mathematics show, that if we did have a transfer budget as you tell me, then it was -£1m. ok, lets give the mcfadden money as the budget, to help your point along, even though the money wasnt spent after it came in, that still only leaves £6m. thats just not good enough in the modern game. i know that, you know that and david moyes knows that.

he said it in his press conference when he first signed. probably find it on skysports.com if you scroll back though the videos far enough

I saw him on Sky the other day and he said he didn't have to leave so either he's changed his mind or his old fella has got it wrong. Lets look at the budget, both the Faddy and AJ money is payable long term, Felliani is in big chunks. We have to make allowance for increased over heads just via inflation let alone Moyes wage demands. I find it a tad arrogant of him to say that the clubs ambitions have to match his, they matched his when we were down and out but now he makes himself out to be bigger than the club, not bad for a guy who never won a thing. Irrespective of what the clubs has or doesn't he is not worth that type of money

I saw him on Sky the other day and he said he didn't have to leave so either he's changed his mind or his old fella has got it wrong. Lets look at the budget, both the Faddy and AJ money is payable long term, Felliani is in big chunks. We have to make allowance for increased over heads just via inflation let alone Moyes wage demands. I find it a tad arrogant of him to say that the clubs ambitions have to match his, they matched his when we were down and out but now he makes himself out to be bigger than the club, not bad for a guy who never won a thing. Irrespective of what the clubs has or doesn't he is not worth that type of money

I think this thread is getting a bit venomous now. Moyes record is fantastic with us. He has stabalised a giant club that was in slow decline. We had been courting the relegation zone on and off for years and were saved not by ourselves but on others misfortune on occasion. He has calmly slowed the rot and has now established us as serious challengers in and for europe. He has put the club in a position now that we need to change the way the club is run and funded in order to compete further. His success in trophies has been primarily blilghted by injuries and shocking refereeing decisions. Let's face it, over the last 3 years, we have been pretty much whipping boys when it comes to refereeing howlers. Big decisions, no pens all last season until the last game, Big Duncs disallowed goal against Villareal etc etc. I'm not suggesting that we would definitely have won something, but you couldn't say that we wouldn't have. I find it comical that everyone is baulking about paying the man who has single handedly created and stabalised our club £65K a week, but those same people were probably screaming at the club for not signing x,y or z for £million and probably £40-80K per week. what record would they have had to justify this.

Besides, I would be interested to know how much managers that have a 'track record' are on. Scholari, Ferguson, Wenger, i bet you they are on a damn site more than £65k a week. If you think the club shouldn't pay this, then your ambition is stuck with mid table mediocrity. There are some tough choices ahead for our club, but with any business, it has to be brave and stick it's neck out if it wants to be better than it is now. We simply will not get there by cutting corners on the most important position in the club. It would be like having a Formula one car and sticking a mid range Formula Ford driver in the car. False economy.

I think this thread is getting a bit venomous now. Moyes record is fantastic with us. He has stabalised a giant club that was in slow decline. We had been courting the relegation zone on and off for years and were saved not by ourselves but on others misfortune on occasion. He has calmly slowed the rot and has now established us as serious challengers in and for europe. He has put the club in a position now that we need to change the way the club is run and funded in order to compete further. His success in trophies has been primarily blilghted by injuries and shocking refereeing decisions. Let's face it, over the last 3 years, we have been pretty much whipping boys when it comes to refereeing howlers. Big decisions, no pens all last season until the last game, Big Duncs disallowed goal against Villareal etc etc. I'm not suggesting that we would definitely have won something, but you couldn't say that we wouldn't have. I find it comical that everyone is baulking about paying the man who has single handedly created and stabalised our club £65K a week, but those same people were probably screaming at the club for not signing x,y or z for £million and probably £40-80K per week. what record would they have had to justify this.

Besides, I would be interested to know how much managers that have a 'track record' are on. Scholari, Ferguson, Wenger, i bet you they are on a damn site more than £65k a week. If you think the club shouldn't pay this, then your ambition is stuck with mid table mediocrity. There are some tough choices ahead for our club, but with any business, it has to be brave and stick it's neck out if it wants to be better than it is now. We simply will not get there by cutting corners on the most important position in the club. It would be like having a Formula one car and sticking a mid range Formula Ford driver in the car. False economy.

Well said fully agree with you !!!!!!!!

Agree with parts of what you are saying but what you need to be careful of is buying the formula 1 car (Everton), blowing a lot of money on a forumla 1 driver (Moyes) but not having any money left over for formula 1 fuel, you are not going to move the car.

Not everyone is disputing the amount Moyes is going to get paid, it is the way this has gone about and how it is being justified.

Agree with parts of what you are saying but what you need to be careful of is buying the formula 1 car (Everton), blowing a lot of money on a forumla 1 driver (Moyes) but not having any money left over for formula 1 fuel, you are not going to move the car.

Not everyone is disputing the amount Moyes is going to get paid, it is the way this has gone about and how it is being justified.

I agree that the way this affair is being ahndled is wrong. It is mimicking the Red shite airing their dirty laundery for all to see. This sort of thing should be dealt with discreetly and announced when done, then people could argue the justification af wages etc. then. This is distracting and unecessary and probably has a part to play in our poor form.

love that, good work!

At what point is this thread getting venomous, stick to facts and not pie in the sky and we'll may get somewhere. Try thinking of what clubs would pay him that money, how many can afford that type of money.............we can't yet you same lads will be asking where the money has gone, you can't have both ways. There is the old saying look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

If Moyes had won a cup, or even gone close to winningg a cup you may just have a point but he hasn't so you don't

fuck it, were out of the carling cup already to a weakened blackburn side, were gunna need something special (which we dont have) against standard, if it carries on, at any other club, the managers head would be called for. look at spurs, unrest there, keegan is out already. we are playing like amateurs. BK should pull the contract back until we get a fucking clean sheet!

fuck it, were out of the carling cup already to a weakened blackburn side, were gunna need something special (which we dont have) against standard, if it carries on, at any other club, the managers head would be called for. look at spurs, unrest there, keegan is out already. we are playing like amateurs. BK should pull the contract back until we get a fucking clean sheet!

i love moyes!!

BUT if the bloke doesnt want to sign the contract then he should go now!! as it isnt helping and its got to be getting to the players and the team spirit! cuz he defo aint happy about somthing is he?

if it was a player refusing to sign we would all be up in arms about getting rid for the sake of the team!!

if he wants to stay then fooking great sign the contract and get on with it!

if not then fook off to the barcodes or where ever you want to go!

I have to say I have a bad feeling the wheels are coming off this season, Moyes is getting fed up swimming against the stream and working miracles for little reward (success wise and transfer budget wise) whilst the stadium call in, the lack of signings, Man City's buyout and the defensive frailty are all leading to discontent. I just think frustration may just start getting the better of Moyes. Hopefully Kenwright can find a buyer and fast. We need to start defending and getting results otherwise our season could be over inside the first 3 months.

Listen up you Moyes worshippers, he has done a decent job here but to say he is swiming against the stream is fucking ridiculous, he picks the players to go on the park, he dictates tactics, he is aware of what each player is capable of and at present he is fucking up big style.................he is not behaving like a man who is worth a one year contract let alone a five year deal worth £17 mil. As for who could replace him, at present there would be a queue a round the corner for half the money and they may well do a better job. Moyes is falling victim to his own publicity, he actually believes you lot who believe he's the bees knees...........................just wait until after the derby. There has been a root change in that bloke, possibly his head is wanting to be as big as his purse, he is not worth that proposed deal :angry:

I have to say I have a bad feeling the wheels are coming off this season, Moyes is getting fed up swimming against the stream and working miracles for little reward (success wise and transfer budget wise) whilst the stadium call in, the lack of signings, Man City's buyout and the defensive frailty are all leading to discontent. I just think frustration may just start getting the better of Moyes. Hopefully Kenwright can find a buyer and fast. We need to start defending and getting results otherwise our season could be over inside the first 3 months.

I blame KEIOC and the like...

(Opens can of worms)

Listen up you Moyes worshippers, he has done a decent job here but to say he is swiming against the stream is fucking ridiculous, he picks the players to go on the park, he dictates tactics, he is aware of what each player is capable of and at present he is fucking up big style.................he is not behaving like a man who is worth a one year contract let alone a five year deal worth £17 mil. As for who could replace him, at present there would be a queue a round the corner for half the money and they may well do a better job. Moyes is falling victim to his own publicity, he actually believes you lot who believe he's the bees knees...........................just wait until after the derby. There has been a root change in that bloke, possibly his head is wanting to be as big as his purse, he is not worth that proposed deal :angry:

This situation has been brought about by not signing players earlier,remember the squad for the first 3 games, any manager would have struggled the players coming back from injury and the new signings need time to settle in.After all that Moyes has done for us,which for some reason you will not fully recognise just give him a bit of time and get off his back.if all you anti Moyes brigade get your wish and we end up with the likes of big sam,and if we get him cheaper than Moyes in your eyes it will be worth it,i hope you can live with yourselves if this happens COYB :angry::angry::angry:

This situation has been brought about by not signing players earlier,remember the squad for the first 3 games, any manager would have struggled the players coming back from injury and the new signings need time to settle in.After all that Moyes has done for us,which for some reason you will not fully recognise just give him a bit of time and get off his back.if all you anti Moyes brigade get your wish and we end up with the likes of big sam,and if we get him cheaper than Moyes in your eyes it will be worth it,i hope you can live with yourselves if this happens COYB :angry::angry::angry:

Slow down there mate, why label me and others in the Moyes out brigade, read the thread its about if he is worth the new contract, at present he is not no matter what you say, as manager HIS squad is under performing badly yet he wants his wages tripled, economic nonsense. You try and ask your boss for a rise with results like he has had and he'd sack you.

Are you happy with our team being booed off the pitch and the manager blaming the players, he needs to take a good look at himself, they are his tactics yet he takes no blame but a bl;oody get pay deal

Slow down there mate, why label me and others in the Moyes out brigade, read the thread its about if he is worth the new contract, at present he is not no matter what you say, as manager HIS squad is under performing badly yet he wants his wages tripled, economic nonsense. You try and ask your boss for a rise with results like he has had and he'd sack you.

Are you happy with our team being booed off the pitch and the manager blaming the players, he needs to take a good look at himself, they are his tactics yet he takes no blame but a bl;oody get pay deal

You do not think he deserves the money he is asking for.you are B.K what will you do? tell Moyes no this is what we think you are worth take it or leave it. Moyes leaves who will you get to replace him? i would suggest we would require an experienced manager name him!

You do not think he deserves the money he is asking for.you are B.K what will you do? tell Moyes no this is what we think you are worth take it or leave it. Moyes leaves who will you get to replace him? i would suggest we would require an experienced manager name him!

I already have. On what basis do you think he is earning the money at present and remember once we sign we have to pay no matter what happens to the team

Edited by Jimmy the blue

I already have. On what basis do you think he is earning the money at present and remember once we sign we have to pay no matter what happens to the team

so thats your solution Alan Irvine WOW that would really set Goodison alight, but he only costs 1 million a year you cry, :crying_anim02: the season has only just started. Man u are below us, Fergie is not earning his 5 million sack him, bring in Paul Ince.How about judging him later on in the season.stability is why we have been getting in EUROPE under Moyes and not fighting relegation or have you forgotten what it was like before Moyes got a grip :angry:

so thats your solution Alan Irvine WOW that would really set Goodison alight, but he only costs 1 million a year you cry, :crying_anim02: the season has only just started. Man u are below us, Fergie is not earning his 5 million sack him, bring in Paul Ince.How about judging him later on in the season.stability is why we have been getting in EUROPE under Moyes and not fighting relegation or have you forgotten what it was like before Moyes got a grip :angry:

Why get abusive, why mention other clubs, I could not give a sod about other clubs. If you think that little of Irvine that is up to you but our defence has been questionable since he left and he is at least a former blue player. Yes we are getting into Europe, three times under Moyes and we look likely to exit at the first hurdle yet again. Last season we had a run against some poor teams that we struggled against, Nuremberg were relegated last term.

Please do not tell me what it was like before he came, I've been a blue for more years than most and hopefully have seen more managers than you ever will. The way you are talking it is as if we are using monopoly money, get real, he is not worth what will be £65,000 per week, you may never earn that in two years so when it comes to getting real, try a bit of reality yourself. We made him as much if not more than he has made us and it is him who is holding our club to ransom

Edited by Jimmy the blue