IGNORED

Moyes: Is He Worth £3.4 Million Pounds A Season?

Slow down there mate, why label me and others in the Moyes out brigade, read the thread its about if he is worth the new contract, at present he is not no matter what you say, as manager HIS squad is under performing badly yet he wants his wages tripled, economic nonsense. You try and ask your boss for a rise with results like he has had and he'd sack you.

Are you happy with our team being booed off the pitch and the manager blaming the players, he needs to take a good look at himself, they are his tactics yet he takes no blame but a bl;oody get pay deal

Have to agree with you..at the moment he seems to be sulking like a big girl who's ripped her knickers for some reason..so at THIS moment in time he's not worth this supposed contract

Though why he still hasnt signed it is beyond me tbh

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow down there mate, why label me and others in the Moyes out brigade, read the thread its about if he is worth the new contract, at present he is not no matter what you say, as manager HIS squad is under performing badly yet he wants his wages tripled, economic nonsense. You try and ask your boss for a rise with results like he has had and he'd sack you.

Are you happy with our team being booed off the pitch and the manager blaming the players, he needs to take a good look at himself, they are his tactics yet he takes no blame but a bl;oody get pay deal

So let me get this straight jimmy, we should not pay Moyes what he wants based purely on 6 games this season, rather than the past 4 years of constant improvement, overachieving in the league, total transformation both in quality and age of the first team and altering people's perceptions of the club in general? that seems to be what you're saying to me, which in my opinion, is absolutely insane and a total knee jerk reaction to our start to the season (which after all is only 5 league games in). I agree with nearly everything you say normally, but your comments in this thread are a disgrace, how any fans can be so fickle is beyond me, I knew that gratitude and loyalty were in short supply among players these days but is it any wonder when the fans are no better. If Moyes did go and we get some total div in like Allardyce and we plummet back to lower table obscurity then it is the fans like you who are to blame. Whether he is worth £65k a week may be open to debate, but the more pressing question is can we afford not to pay it and run the risk of having to replace Moyes with most likely someone of vastly inferior quality? One word, no.

Maybe Utd shouldn't pay Ferguson what he wants either, I mean they've only signed one player and are below us in the league.

the only way Moyes is going is if he walks and the way the mood is around the whole club this season it wouldn't surprise me. Don't get me wrong, it's up to the players to get the mood lifted, but I think the fans need to get behind everyone at this moment in time, pull together and try and drag the players out of their slumber, rather than taking pot-shots at players, at the manager, at the Chairman.

Edited by carlmc25

So let me get this straight jimmy, we should not pay Moyes what he wants based purely on 6 games this season, rather than the past 4 years of constant improvement, overachieving in the league, total transformation both in quality and age of the first team and altering people's perceptions of the club in general? that seems to be what you're saying to me, which in my opinion, is absolutely insane and a total knee jerk reaction to our start to the season (which after all is only 5 league games in). I agree with nearly everything you say normally, but your comments in this thread are a disgrace, how any fans can be so fickle is beyond me, I knew that gratitude and loyalty were in short supply among players these days but is it any wonder when the fans are no better. If Moyes did go and we get some total div in like Allardyce and we plummet back to lower table obscurity then it is the fans like you who are to blame. Whether he is worth £65k a week may be open to debate, but the more pressing question is can we afford not to pay it and run the risk of having to replace Moyes with most likely someone of vastly inferior quality? One word, no.

Maybe Utd shouldn't pay Ferguson what he wants either, I mean they've only signed one player and are below us in the league.

the only way Moyes is going is if he walks and the way the mood is around the whole club this season it wouldn't surprise me. Don't get me wrong, it's up to the players to get the mood lifted, but I think the fans need to get behind everyone at this moment in time, pull together and try and drag the players out of their slumber, rather than taking pot-shots at players, at the manager, at the Chairman.

Well said agree with all of above COYB ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

That is a load of puerile nonsense. According to your theory if David Moyes asked for £25 mil over four years you'd pay it, God help us all. As I have already said I could not give a sod what other clubs do I'm a Blue, born one and happily die one but when I see my club being ripped off I shout and that is what your little hero is doing. Tell me why he hasn't signed if he has the welfare of the club at heart. By the way once we sign that contract we will be duty bound to pay it even if the team does not improve. What is he haggling about, does he want a bigger parking space, does he require a personal arse licker, what is wrong with what is in front of him now and don't mention ambition, my club has always and will always be bigger than David Moyes or his own ambitions.

Comparing him to SAF, you're havin a larf

That is a load of puerile nonsense. According to your theory if David Moyes asked for £25 mil over four years you'd pay it, God help us all. As I have already said I could not give a sod what other clubs do I'm a Blue, born one and happily die one but when I see my club being ripped off I shout and that is what your little hero is doing. Tell me why he hasn't signed if he has the welfare of the club at heart. By the way once we sign that contract we will be duty bound to pay it even if the team does not improve. What is he haggling about, does he want a bigger parking space, does he require a personal arse licker, what is wrong with what is in front of him now and don't mention ambition, my club has always and will always be bigger than David Moyes or his own ambitions.

[/quote I GIVE UP.

I don't think I am 'having a larf' - how do you think SAF would have done any better in the league with Moyes budget restrictions? Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Utd, Chelsea, Villa, now Man City, Newcastle all outspend us big time yet we still punch above our weight in the league (one season aside) under Moyes, we overachieve. SAF has millions upon millions to spend, no denying he is a fantastic manager, possibly the best ever, but I very much doubt he would have done any better than Moyes at Everton, I don't think it's possible in the league certainly. Wenger hasn't won anything for years and look at the talent he's had at his disposal. There's no denying Moyes cup record has not been good enough, but unkind draws have not helped and when you look at the FA Cup, last year aside no one outside the big 4 had won it in years. On paper we can't compete against the top 4, we shouldn't even be close, yet consistently under Moyes we've been there or thereabouts and even gatecrashed the top 4 one season against all odds.

The bottom line is, Moyes is worth whatever the club will pay him - not what you personally think. You don't even know what he's been offered, what clauses are in there, what guarantees, you basically know nothing apart from speculation yet you have a go at him. The club know they can't afford to lose Moyes but at the same time they can't pay money that is too unreasonable, it's a balancing act - it's called bargaining and compromise. I personally think Moyes hasn't signed the deal because he's getting a little fed up and wants to see what transfer assurances/finances he has in place in the future and also he wants to see if any bigger clubs come in for him (which is unlikely at the moment, although Spurs may if their results don't improve). He's given us over 4 years service and done a brilliant job year on year, if he walked out now I'd still have the utmost respect for him, he's served his time and he deserves more respect than he's getting from fans like you.

I don't think I am 'having a larf' - how do you think SAF would have done any better in the league with Moyes budget restrictions? Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Utd, Chelsea, Villa, now Man City, Newcastle all outspend us big time yet we still punch above our weight in the league (one season aside) under Moyes, we overachieve. SAF has millions upon millions to spend, no denying he is a fantastic manager, possibly the best ever, but I very much doubt he would have done any better than Moyes at Everton, I don't think it's possible in the league certainly. Wenger hasn't won anything for years and look at the talent he's had at his disposal. There's no denying Moyes cup record has not been good enough, but unkind draws have not helped and when you look at the FA Cup, last year aside no one outside the big 4 had won it in years. On paper we can't compete against the top 4, we shouldn't even be close, yet consistently under Moyes we've been there or thereabouts and even gatecrashed the top 4 one season against all odds.

The bottom line is, Moyes is worth whatever the club will pay him - not what you personally think. You don't even know what he's been offered, what clauses are in there, what guarantees, you basically know nothing apart from speculation yet you have a go at him. The club know they can't afford to lose Moyes but at the same time they can't pay money that is too unreasonable, it's a balancing act - it's called bargaining and compromise. I personally think Moyes hasn't signed the deal because he's getting a little fed up and wants to see what transfer assurances/finances he has in place in the future and also he wants to see if any bigger clubs come in for him (which is unlikely at the moment, although Spurs may if their results don't improve). He's given us over 4 years service and done a brilliant job year on year, if he walked out now I'd still have the utmost respect for him, he's served his time and he deserves more respect than he's getting from fans like you.

Carl SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE BLUE.You will have a hard job convincing the doom and gloom merchants though,god help us if we dont win to-morrow or Thursday they will want Moyes hanged,we get more stick off our own fans than the red shite give us im like you if Moyes goes i wont blame him but fuck knows how we could replace him COYB :):mellow:

Carl SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE BLUE.You will have a hard job convincing the doom and gloom merchants though,god help us if we dont win to-morrow or Thursday they will want Moyes hanged,we get more stick off our own fans than the red shite give us im like you if Moyes goes i wont blame him but fuck knows how we could replace him COYB :):mellow:

A typical shout of the small minded, wrapping yourselves in the blue flag is normally the resort of people without argument, you'd go a fucking long way to find a truer blue than me and don't you bloody well forget it and that includes your darling Davie.

If you two can't see outside your the flag that is your fault, leave it to the grown ups to discuss proper business. It is transparently clear than neither of you have any comprehension of the sums involved, both of you have been brought up playing football games on the computer forgetting about the real world. If Moyes had the clubs welfare at heart he would have signed, you two accept and applaud him for the fact that he is putting himself before the club you both claim to love so much...........that is where we differ and always will. He is screwing the club for every cent he can get that makes him one grabbing bastard in my book and no matter what you say his side is playing shit at the moment although that seems to please the pair of you.

Some how the pair of you accuse me of being a doom and gloom merchant, everyone who knows me, that clearly excludes you, will tell you the absolute opposite, including falling out with lads who wanted Moyes out. But don't you dare say you are truer blue than me, you'll need to put a hell of a lot more years in before you can come close.

I note that you seem prepared to pay him £25 mil over four years, what the most you'd pay him as I could do with a good laugh

I'm finding all this quite amusing in an odd sort of way. You see, I go back a long time with this club (probably longer than many of you have been born) and it's a fact that the more things change the more they stay the same.

This club doesn't have a good record of putting up with managers once they're just a little past their luck. NSNO!

The reason I mention this is because Johnny Carey who was the manager had a track record similar to that of Moyes. In his 3rd season, Everton had their best season for 15 years in 1960/61 finishing 5th. He had the advantage of the financial support of John Moores and the club was nicknamed " The Merseyside Millionaires" After a poor start to the 61/62 season he was famously sacked in a taxi. Fickle fans demanded he be removed.

It's true that over many years the fans of this club have lived by the club's motto - NSNO and some careers have suffered as a result.

I don't know whether Moyes is worth x-million quid a year and I don't care. The whole thing boils down to the fact that the fans DEMAND success at this club and if they don't get it, the manager WILL pay the price! As to why Moyes hasn't signed a new contract can only be down to 2 things:

(A) He's waiting for a better offer. Not necessarily more cash, but perhaps more prestige. Maybe he has inside info as to which club will be in the market for a manager soon and is prepared to wait. (What price Celtic?)

(B) His current terms are not satisfactory in that he wants more freedom to buy players. He'll use the successes of recent years as a bargaining tool (a bit of blackmail really) As there is a real problem with the club's finances and the future is bound up with the stadium disputes he may not get his own way any time soon. If he presses too hard for more cash for players he may find himself between a rock and a hard place, as the club will not be dictated to by a manager and will withdraw the contract offer.

If he's playing brinkmanship he'd better hurry to get the team moving up the table because he may run out of time and bargaining power to find that Johhny Carey's experience is about to happen to him! NSNO!

A typical shout of the small minded, wrapping yourselves in the blue flag is normally the resort of people without argument, you'd go a fucking long way to find a truer blue than me and don't you bloody well forget it and that includes your darling Davie.

If you two can't see outside your the flag that is your fault, leave it to the grown ups to discuss proper business. It is transparently clear than neither of you have any comprehension of the sums involved, both of you have been brought up playing football games on the computer forgetting about the real world. If Moyes had the clubs welfare at heart he would have signed, you two accept and applaud him for the fact that he is putting himself before the club you both claim to love so much...........that is where we differ and always will. He is screwing the club for every cent he can get that makes him one grabbing bastard in my book and no matter what you say his side is playing shit at the moment although that seems to please the pair of you.

Some how the pair of you accuse me of being a doom and gloom merchant, everyone who knows me, that clearly excludes you, will tell you the absolute opposite, including falling out with lads who wanted Moyes out. But don't you dare say you are truer blue than me, you'll need to put a hell of a lot more years in before you can come close.

I note that you seem prepared to pay him £25 mil over four years, what the most you'd pay him as I could do with a good laugh

Leave it to grown ups? er... so because you're older than me that means somehow you have a better football and salary knowledge? Personally I tend to find the older the blue the more bitter he is, not the more wise and forward thinking. You seem to fail to grasp any sense of economics or business sense whilst also failing to remember that Moyes is not a born and bred Everton fan, he's a manager working to earn a decent living who happens to be manager of Everton. He can easily justify a 65k salary a week due to various matters. The squad he has built is now worth probably something like £60m more than when he took over (I think that was approx the number I calculated in a recent argument with Stevo) which in 4 years is a net increase of £15m a year. Then take into account when he took over we were basically a bottom six team, year on year. Now we are a top 6 team, year on year (aside from one) and as each league placing is worth something like 0.5m then the 10-12 places we've climbed under Moyes is worth about £5m - 6m a year. Working in a big business myself and being involved in budgetary planning and identifying salary rates, one of the main things you take into account is 'is he going to bring in more money than the wages we are paying out?'. As Moyes is only asking for about £15m over 4 years and he has already brought in roughly about £20m inreased revenue in the league and increased our business assets on the pitch to the tune of about £60m over 4/5 years then the answer is yes. I mean he bought Arteta for £2.5m, he is now probably worth about £15m, that's almost paid Moyes 4 years salary right there.

Moyes has every right to ask for what he thinks he is worth, as a manager in the premier league he will be looking at what other managers are currently on, he'll look at what the likes of Keegan was receiving, what Ramos is receiving, what Hughes is receiving and why should he accept less when he has proven himself to be one of the top managers in the league over the last 4 years (winning manager of the year twice don't forget). It is not Moyes problem if the board cannot afford to pay him the going rate, he has every right to look at the market, look at the income he has brought to the club and make demands accordingly, if the club cannot afford him then tough luck, he'll see if someone else will pay him. He's in the final year of his contract, he has shown his commitment and is in the process of seeing the contract he signed through, that is all you can ask of someone - to honour their deal. If I was manager of Spurs and Arsenal came in and said we'll pay you double the wages Spurs will, I'd go to Arsenal without a second thought, that's the situation for Moyes, he has currently taken the club as far as he can without serious investment and if he gets a better offer at a possibly more affluent club who can pay him what he's worth then he has every right to go for it. You may not like it, but I doubt he cares what you like, he's out to make money for himself and his family. As far as I'm concerned Moyes owes Everton and it's fans nothing, we owe him a serious debt of gratitude for transforming our club and giving us our pride back.

The sad thing is we have the nickname of the bitter blues and from my experiences, it's probably justified.

and Jimmy, just because you've been a fan a longer time doesn't mean you're a truer blue, it just means you're older so how about we leave the patronisation to one side?

Edited by carlmc25

Leave it to grown ups? er... so because you're older than me that means somehow you have a better football and salary knowledge? Personally I tend to find the older the blue the more bitter he is, not the more wise and forward thinking. You seem to fail to grasp any sense of economics or business sense whilst also failing to remember that Moyes is not a born and bred Everton fan, he's a manager working to earn a decent living who happens to be manager of Everton. He can easily justify a 65k salary a week due to various matters. The squad he has built is now worth probably something like £60m more than when he took over (I think that was approx the number I calculated in a recent argument with Stevo) which in 4 years is a net increase of £15m a year. Then take into account when he took over we were basically a bottom six team, year on year. Now we are a top 6 team, year on year (aside from one) and as each league placing is worth something like 0.5m then the 10-12 places we've climbed under Moyes is worth about £5m - 6m a year. Working in a big business myself and being involved in budgetary planning and identifying salary rates, one of the main things you take into account is 'is he going to bring in more money than the wages we are paying out?'. As Moyes is only asking for about £15m over 4 years and he has already brought in roughly about £20m inreased revenue in the league and increased our business assets on the pitch to the tune of about £60m over 4/5 years then the answer is yes. I mean he bought Arteta for £2.5m, he is now probably worth about £15m, that's almost paid Moyes 4 years salary right there.

Moyes has every right to ask for what he thinks he is worth, as a manager in the premier league he will be looking at what other managers are currently on, he'll look at what the likes of Keegan was receiving, what Ramos is receiving, what Hughes is receiving and why should he accept less when he has proven himself to be one of the top managers in the league over the last 4 years (winning manager of the year twice don't forget). It is not Moyes problem if the board cannot afford to pay him the going rate, he has every right to look at the market, look at the income he has brought to the club and make demands accordingly, if the club cannot afford him then tough luck, he'll see if someone else will pay him. He's in the final year of his contract, he has shown his commitment and is in the process of seeing the contract he signed through, that is all you can ask of someone - to honour their deal. If I was manager of Spurs and Arsenal came in and said we'll pay you double the wages Spurs will, I'd go to Arsenal without a second thought, that's the situation for Moyes, he has currently taken the club as far as he can without serious investment and if he gets a better offer at a possibly more affluent club who can pay him what he's worth then he has every right to go for it. You may not like it, but I doubt he cares what you like, he's out to make money for himself and his family. As far as I'm concerned Moyes owes Everton and it's fans nothing, we owe him a serious debt of gratitude for transforming our club and giving us our pride back.

The sad thing is we have the nickname of the bitter blues and from my experiences, it's probably justified.

and Jimmy, just because you've been a fan a longer time doesn't mean you're a truer blue, it just means you're older so how about we leave the patronisation to one side?

Patronising me, it was you two who started the TRUE BLUE lark, read the thread. Blind faith is just what it says blind. If you are happy that very supporter who goes to a home game over the next five years will be paying about £4 a head per match to afford his wages then you need locking up simple. By the way the economy is shaping the big wage bubble is bursting all over the world yet you want us to commit to that, madness pure madness. Incidentally when SAF took over at Utd they were down and out, and broke so yes it can be done.

Patronising me, it was you two who started the TRUE BLUE lark, read the thread. Blind faith is just what it says blind. If you are happy that very supporter who goes to a home game over the next five years will be paying about £4 a head per match to afford his wages then you need locking up simple. By the way the economy is shaping the big wage bubble is bursting all over the world yet you want us to commit to that, madness pure madness. Incidentally when SAF took over at Utd they were down and out, and broke so yes it can be done.

I DO HOPE JIMMY THAT YOU WERE AT THE GAME TO-DAY AND NOT SITTING AT HOME WATCHING IT ON THE TELE!!!!!

You two? we're not a team and I never mentioned anything about you or me being more of a true blue as I think it's a load of crap, I was as big an Everton supporter when I was 15 as I am now at nearly 30, in fact if anything - over time as you get older you get different priorities such as work, family etc and so if anything football matters less to me now than it did when I was younger so your argument that we need to spend as many years supporting the club to be as true a blue as you is just rubbish. My patronisation comment was more aimed at your petty comment about leaving the discussion to the grown ups which I took exception to, it's that type of crap elitist 'I'm older than you' attitude which gets on my nerves. I laid out how Moyes can ask for what he wants and the basis for his arguments while you just come out with nothing except 'we're not doing well in the league this year after 6 whole games.'

On the other side of it, from the Everton board's point of view, they will look at it and think without Moyes we'll likely drop 5-6 places at least (approx £2.5-3m revenue a year on league placings) plus our average attendance will drop, our players will be worth less and we'll still have to pay another manager at least about £30k a week anyway, another £1.5m - all of which adds up to more than what Moyes wants.

If the board thinks it can get someone as good as Moyes for less money then I have no problem with that, but likewise I have no problem with Moyes asking for what he thinks he deserves on the current market, due to his results with the club and due to the comparable pay of other managers. If we won't pay it then he's within his rights to look elsewhere.

As for SAF, money wasn't as big an issue then whilst although Utd were down in the dumps a bit, they were still one of the biggest clubs in Europe, they were truly a sleeping giant and Ferguson got the backing. Do you really think SAF could have done much better in the league than Moyes at Everton when up against the money giants of Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool? (bearing in mind he would have needed probably double the wages Moyes wants anyway). SAF is a brilliant manager no doubt, and if Moyes did have big money to spend then his limitations may be exposed so I'm not saying he's as good a manager as SAF, as that would be madness, but he has won manager of the year twice in 4 years (I think) and done an exceptional job.

This season has been very disappointing so far, but Moyes knows the problem - it's called balance and at the moment our team doesn't have it even in a 451. Anyway I'll leave it there as this will just go round in circles.

Edited by carlmc25

I DO HOPE JIMMY THAT YOU WERE AT THE GAME TO-DAY AND NOT SITTING AT HOME WATCHING IT ON THE TELE!!!!!

I've got news for you, given good health I would have been there but these days I can hardly leave the house. I hope you didn't enjoy it as much as me because what he served up today was embarrassing, but you go ahead and give him the money and see if you get a refund, £17 mil my arse

PS there is no need to shout, I'm neither blind nor totally deaf

Edited by Jimmy the blue

According to NSNO (doesn't say where they got it)..

David Moyes has spoken about his contract and the delay in getting it signed, and insists that the problem lies with the club not sending back either an approved contract offer, or a request for compromise in the latest round of discussions.

“It is not a matter of compromise,” he said. “I have been sitting waiting for it [the contract] to come back from the club for quite a while now but I am not unsettled by it, not at all.

“But what happens is that when the manager’s position becomes uncertain then uncertainty can come into the club, I accept that. That is not the reason for this performance or the ones before but I agree it doesn’t help the situation.”

According to NSNO (doesn't say where they got it)..

David Moyes has spoken about his contract and the delay in getting it signed, and insists that the problem lies with the club not sending back either an approved contract offer, or a request for compromise in the latest round of discussions.

“It is not a matter of compromise,” he said. “I have been sitting waiting for it [the contract] to come back from the club for quite a while now but I am not unsettled by it, not at all.

“But what happens is that when the manager’s position becomes uncertain then uncertainty can come into the club, I accept that. That is not the reason for this performance or the ones before but I agree it doesn’t help the situation.”

One way or another it seems he is hanging out for as much as he can get while the team is playing crap

He is not worth it as although we had 3 to 4 good seasons we won nothing and this is what counts at the end. In addition we do not play any exciting football and did not go close to reaching any major cup final. This ping pong between the Board and Moyes has effected us negatively and should stop one way or another. I am sure if Royle or Kendall were in charge we would have won something in 6+years. Moyes is not irreplaceable.

Edited by malmic

The sad thing to me about all of the above is that everyone is concerned about whether Moyes is worth 65K a week.

From the average bloke's point of view, nobody is worth 65K a week. It's what Moyes will bring to the club for that money is what it's all about.

I have to say though, that if I was getting paid his current 30K a week (or thereabouts) and I was happy doing what I did, I wouldn't need a pay rise! Shit isn't 30K a week enough? Conversely, if I hated what I was doing for a job, that extra 35K a week wouldn't keep me there.

So, if Moyes dearly loves his job, why the standoff about salary? Is it "well he gets 65K a week, so I want the same". If so he can fook off right now. Let's face it, his current annual salary is what the average Joe Blow earns in 50 years of work - isn't that enough?

I can't get around the fact that if one earned 30K a week, how much would doubling your salary affect your life? Shit, the average bloke (here I go again) could live very comfortably on the interest from 30K a week alone!

From all that, you could gather that I'm not in favour of a huge pay rise. If he brings success to the club, the extra money generated will pay his extra salary. What I'm extremely unhappy about is all the undignified stretching out of proceedings that by Moyes' own admission "could" be affecting the teams performance & morale. If he believes that and there's no reason to think otherwise,(because he's on record as saying so - Setanta) he obviously doesn't have the club's welfare at heart and he's in it only for the money.

We've idolised the players who we've said are real professionals, who'd play for Everton for the basic wage, who'd die for the club, yet here are some who'd pay an extra 35K a week from a club that's not flush with cash, to a bloke who's upset that other managers get more!

Fook me, it's time for a reality check.

So from that little rant i take it you dont think he should get a rise.

Put aside the amount they get because thats the going rate these days, the "Big 4" pay their players 2 or maybe 3 times as much as ours, so by that reckoning we are poorly paid at EFC and always have been.

With the extra TV MONEY that came into force last season half of our players were offered and signed longer IMPROVED CONTRACTS, so how much are they on now. ?? £40.000, £50.000 or more we dont really know, but I,m a great believer in thinking that the workers should not get more wages than their boss, so if they got a rise why should'nt he after what he has done for the Club.

At todays rate of pay thats not a lot to ask, so i say if it is about money give him the fookin money and lets get the contract signed.

The sad thing to me about all of the above is that everyone is concerned about whether Moyes is worth 65K a week.

From the average bloke's point of view, nobody is worth 65K a week. It's what Moyes will bring to the club for that money is what it's all about.

I have to say though, that if I was getting paid his current 30K a week (or thereabouts) and I was happy doing what I did, I wouldn't need a pay rise! Shit isn't 30K a week enough? Conversely, if I hated what I was doing for a job, that extra 35K a week wouldn't keep me there.

So, if Moyes dearly loves his job, why the standoff about salary? Is it "well he gets 65K a week, so I want the same". If so he can fook off right now. Let's face it, his current annual salary is what the average Joe Blow earns in 50 years of work - isn't that enough?

I can't get around the fact that if one earned 30K a week, how much would doubling your salary affect your life? Shit, the average bloke (here I go again) could live very comfortably on the interest from 30K a week alone!

From all that, you could gather that I'm not in favour of a huge pay rise. If he brings success to the club, the extra money generated will pay his extra salary. What I'm extremely unhappy about is all the undignified stretching out of proceedings that by Moyes' own admission "could" be affecting the teams performance & morale. If he believes that and there's no reason to think otherwise,(because he's on record as saying so - Setanta) he obviously doesn't have the club's welfare at heart and he's in it only for the money.

We've idolised the players who we've said are real professionals, who'd play for Everton for the basic wage, who'd die for the club, yet here are some who'd pay an extra 35K a week from a club that's not flush with cash, to a bloke who's upset that other managers get more!

Fook me, it's time for a reality check.

Fook me, fellow old school, well said Oz mate,

So from that little rant i take it you dont think he should get a rise.

Put aside the amount they get because thats the going rate these days, the "Big 4" pay their players 2 or maybe 3 times as much as ours, so by that reckoning we are poorly paid at EFC and always have been.

With the extra TV MONEY that came into force last season half of our players were offered and signed longer IMPROVED CONTRACTS, so how much are they on now. ?? £40.000, £50.000 or more we dont really know, but I,m a great believer in thinking that the workers should not get more wages than their boss, so if they got a rise why should'nt he after what he has done for the Club.

At todays rate of pay thats not a lot to ask, so i say if it is about money give him the fookin money and lets get the contract signed.

Wow Bill, pay him what we can't afford, why, is he earning it, I don't think so

Cant have players getting more than the Manager Jimmy, that would be crazy. ;) Do any of the players earn their wages. ??

Bill, that is the case at many clubs, a managerial career is far longer than a playing one, we need value for money and have not been getting it from Moyes. The fact that players aren't earning their bread is down to the manager at the end of the day. The claimed wage deal for Moyes is the equivalent of about £4 per spectator for every home game over the next five years yet as Oz says he is being greedy while the team goes to pot, we couldn't be doing much worse if he was on strike. I have supported david Moyes because I always believed he had the best interests of the club at heart, it seems I was wrong.

Bill, that is the case at many clubs, a managerial career is far longer than a playing one, we need value for money and have not been getting it from Moyes. The fact that players aren't earning their bread is down to the manager at the end of the day. The claimed wage deal for Moyes is the equivalent of about £4 per spectator for every home game over the next five years yet as Oz says he is being greedy while the team goes to pot, we couldn't be doing much worse if he was on strike. I have supported david Moyes because I always believed he had the best interests of the club at heart, it seems I was wrong.

Have you thought about judjing him at the end of the season, by the way, im happy that £4 per home ticket is paying his wages, we are unrecognisable from the team he took over, have you forgotten we finished fifth last season do you realise how hard this was and how many clubs would give anything to get that position.COYB

If moyes is basing his wage on us winning the uefa cup, winning the fa cup, and getting 4th, then yes he does.

If hes basing it on coming top 8, not winning any silverware and making us a laughing stock, then no.

moot point in my eyes, who would come into everton if he left and have a greater effect?

newcastle are in a mess but buyers will probably come in before christmas, while weve been looking for new owners for ages and cant find anyone. Someone posted a load of comments from this time last year and we still finished 5th, and everyone was dismayed but we got our act together. In fairness to moyes, even if money is going in his pocket he knows how to get the ebst out of players, weve had the same start as last year so why all the fuss?

in the words of the great richard pryor "Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up"