IGNORED

Positives From Today......are There Any

I have been wracking my brains trying to think of something positive about today's game and I can't think of one other than we were lucky to get out with a two nil defeat. The deafening silence from the Gwladys said it all for me.

Can any one come up with a real positive from today other than we can confirm that we are now in the shit again

The one positive i can gather from peeps reports, is that Neville is a better fullback than a Midfielder, why the fook did DM change it after pip was playing so well there.

And personally i think Fellaini is not the player we all thought he would be, and certainly not the player Standard supporters told us he was, Castillo has looked the better of the two in midfield.

I'm with you on the Neville issue Bill. At RB he's probably been our best player, and although I didn't think he was too bad at DM today it's just not his position at all. Moyes fucked up.

Another positive from today is Jagielka. Since his slow start for us when he first signed he's gone from strength to strength and today he was one of very few players who could hold his head high.

I'm with you on the Neville issue Bill. At RB he's probably been our best player, and although I didn't think he was too bad at DM today it's just not his position at all. Moyes fucked up.

Another positive from today is Jagielka. Since his slow start for us when he first signed he's gone from strength to strength and today he was one of very few players who could hold his head high.

I tip my hat to you Mark, he was one of the few, the very few

The one positive i can gather from peeps reports, is that Neville is a better fullback than a Midfielder, why the fook did DM change it after pip was playing so well there.

And personally i think Fellaini is not the player we all thought he would be, and certainly not the player Standard supporters told us he was, Castillo has looked the better of the two in midfield.

It is looking that way but in Fellaini's slight defense, Moyes seems to persist in playing him in the Gerrard box to box type role when Fellaini said on arrival that he is a sitting defensive midfielder. So far it's either been Castillo - or Neville today who has played the sitting role. I think Fellaini's needs to play in the sitting role as he just doesn't look mobile enough for the box to box role, so far anyway.

There were periods of the game where I thought that we really might have a chance at pulling off a draw here.

We weren't getting much up front because of the big hoof out of defence tactic, but for most of the first half we didn't look to be in too much trouble at the back. Not like last season I have to say, but still... not too bad bearing in mind that the shite are and have been a better team for the best part of the last 15 years or so.

But then in the space of a couple of minutes it all turned to shit. A couple of great pieces of work from 1 individual and the whole shape of Everton went tits up. From there on we looked like a Championship side and the game was essentially over.

For me, only Jagielka came out of the game with any kudos at all, although Cahill was trying (too hard it seems).

Hope we can get some ball up front in future, as Saha looked lost out there until he got a sight of the ball. He looked dangerous the odd times he got a sniff and the Yak really needed some support.

i think fellaini seemed to do a bit better when he pushed up a bit i mean cos he got booked right near start lad couldtn start flyin in for the tackles plus he looked to be limping at one point? also he needs time to adjust i mean he should have been signed to replace lee a long time ago not last day and expect to take over! think everyone knows what lee did for us and shame he had to go but moyes knew he was and took too long to sign a replacement! personally the replacement should have been here a season with lee to learn off him before takin over! give it time it will come right just gotta try for a decent run and top 6 still very possible early days! get saha fit and he'll score almost did yesterday was very impressed when he came on! we're missing pienaar too i mean he just pieces together the midfield for me balls go through him and arteta so mikel aint gettin marked out cos there is two of them then and not gettin hoofed for the yak cos he aint gonna score like that!

i thought fellaini did well today, he got a bout a bit, upset them in their box, got the tackles in and won a lot of loose balls in the midfield. arteta still cant hit a barn door with his set pieces. when you cent get a corner past the first man, than man being little robbie keane, its time for someone else to have a go. osman didnt turn up for the game. lescott looked better than he has lately. cahill done well for 80minutes. howard wasnt good enough for me, and a bit of ball watching cost us the game, on two occasions.

I dont go along with these "he's only young, give him a bit of time" excuses, he has been playing for Standard since he signed as a 17 year old and has made over 85 appearances, in which time he has won the player of the season in the Belgium prem and became league champions last season.

He has cost us £15 million pounds and playing amongst our players who have shown no form at all, he should be standing out as MOTM every time he plays but he has hardly had any votes at all.

FFS Even Jody Baxter a 16 year old schoolboy has got twice as many votes, why is everybody making excuses for him !! ? he should be a hell of a lot better than he has shown so far.

ALSO....moyes needs to pull his finger out and sign the contract or fuck off! really not helpin the team at the moment! so either stay moyes or fuck off and let us get on wi it!

I must say I agree with you. If this was any other company the contract would have been ripped up by now. I'm fed up of his "We'll have some news in the next few days" and "its up stairs with the board" bullshit. Can't he use the fucking stairs. It must affect the players and definatly the recruitment of players. I can see him trying to get his 'special player' saying "Here's a 5 year contract for you to sign, I haven't signed mine but you should definatly do it". Plus his substitutions and other tactics piss me off. Once the RS's first goals went in Saha should have been off that bench in a flash but oh no lets wait until it gets worse. Also I'm totally FED UP with the long ball crap we keep playing. Yobo and Jags are shit at it so why use it cos Yak won't run for it will he!

The board should give him a 7 day deadline. Sign it or piss off. We shall survive without you. Billic anyone?

Edited by EFCfanatic

I agree about the shit football we play. Every game I watch of other teams on the TV I realise just how bad our football really is. It has improved slightly from when Moyes took over but it's still pretty shocking the amount of long ball we play. Im watching Wigan v City atm and Wigan play some good football, they pass when they can and go long when it's necessary. That's what we can't do - mix it up. We have a gameplan and that's that, there's no plan B and for a manager to warrant 65K a week surely he should have something else up his sleeve than hoofing? I'm becoming very disillusioned with Mr. Moyes with each passing game.

I was impressed with Fellaini yesterday, maybe i'm in the minority, but I think he did well. He went a little quite straight after his card, but once he gets used to the pace of the prem he'll be fine. He is old enoguh now to make the step-up, and i'm confident he will.

Looked a good player yesterday, no doubt he will keep on improving. Also I think he will play better when there are only 4 in midfield. The centre of the park was so packed that it was hard for any midfielder to shine. I think he will do better in a 4 man midfield, where he has a little more space, a little mre time, a little more responsibilty. He would also have more to be moving towards with, ideally, Yak and Saha upfront together.

Back to the point of the thread. Jags was the main highlight for me. Another brillaint performance, solid at the back and even some good movement forwards. As i stated in the game thread he is fast becoming my favourite everton player.

Jagielka is playing very well. We went 60mins without conceding a goal, must have been the longest this season apart from the West Brom game. Just shows again why Marouane Fellaini is a player that can't be thrown straight in. Castillo has been the better one to adjust to the PL's pace. For Liege i'd line up like:

Howard, Neville, Jagielka, Yobo, Baines (Lescott still looks shakey and needs to be dropped again) Arteta, Castillo, Cahill, Osman, Saha, Yakubu.

Best moment of the match yesterday - Saha's shot.

Fellaini said on arrival that he is a sitting defensive midfielder.

Remember Neville and Carsley doing that role. But we need Pienaar, as we can push Osman into centre mid where he does the box to box role, with Castillo and Fellaini competing for defensive mid. We must try 4-4-2 though.

Edited by toffee77

I agree about the shit football we play. Every game I watch of other teams on the TV I realise just how bad our football really is. It has improved slightly from when Moyes took over but it's still pretty shocking the amount of long ball we play. Im watching Wigan v City atm and Wigan play some good football, they pass when they can and go long when it's necessary. That's what we can't do - mix it up. We have a gameplan and that's that, there's no plan B and for a manager to warrant 65K a week surely he should have something else up his sleeve than hoofing? I'm becoming very disillusioned with Mr. Moyes with each passing game.

I'm sorry to admit but I had the same feelings while watching the Wigan v City game. Both teams showed much more than the blues have done for a few years in the entertainment department and it was obvious that they had ideas to try when things weren't immediately going tp plan. When I was a lad, it was the captain's job to change plans and inform players what's changing. I don't see any of that which only leads me to believe that we haven't got another plan to change to!

Is Moyes so "I'm in charge!" that he can't discuss with players (or the captain) before the game what the options are under changing circumstances? It would only take a signal then for the change to take place. Christ, I've done this with kid's teams! What's so hard?

I have been wracking my brains trying to think of something positive about today's game and I can't think of one other than we were lucky to get out with a two nil defeat. The deafening silence from the Gwladys said it all for me.

Can any one come up with a real positive from today other than we can confirm that we are now in the shit again

Well.... .... at least we're not Newcastle.

I'm sorry to admit but I had the same feelings while watching the Wigan v City game. Both teams showed much more than the blues have done for a few years in the entertainment department and it was obvious that they had ideas to try when things weren't immediately going tp plan. When I was a lad, it was the captain's job to change plans and inform players what's changing. I don't see any of that which only leads me to believe that we haven't got another plan to change to!

Is Moyes so "I'm in charge!" that he can't discuss with players (or the captain) before the game what the options are under changing circumstances? It would only take a signal then for the change to take place. Christ, I've done this with kid's teams! What's so hard?

That is why I'm becoming pissed off with him, he is supposed to be a control freak, in itself not necessarily a bad thing sometimes, but when he starts blaming the players and their motivation he needs to take a fucking good hard look at himself and his actions or someone at the club should tell him.

Can he be replaced, of course he can because EFC is a darn sight bigger than David Moyes