Next Up "the Shite"

Steve L

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Duncan Ferguson is a f*cking liability, he is only a legend in the eyes of those who have not seen how a real Everton centre forward should conduct himself. Without a doubt he should be kept in a glass case in the foyer of Goodison with a little hammer and sign saying "Break glass in event of a Derby or Man U game".

He is pure and simple a thug, we can do without him.

ATB

Mac

yes, but how do you really feel about him. ;)

Duncan Ferguson is a f*cking liability, he is only a legend in the eyes of those who have not seen how a real Everton centre forward should conduct himself. Without a doubt he should be kept in a glass case in the foyer of Goodison with a little hammer and sign saying "Break glass in event of a Derby or Man U game".

ATB

Mac

Guest fozzie22

ATB

Mac

Well said mate,i just cant see why he has this following..he's done fuck all for Everton,thinks only of himself

Be glad to see the back of him to be honest.

ATB

Mac

CORRECTAMUNO

I totally aggree wi you and fozzie.

Althougth he has given me a few good memories

This is where my youth blinds me cos I have not seen the 'greats' all of you lot have so in my eyes from players Ive seen Duncan is right up there. Hes a good guy with a bad temper sort of like myself really. Hes given us hope and spirit, hes a true blue and hes won us some vital points over the years. Yes he is a thug and a liability on the pitch but Hypia will be shittin himself next week if we bring Big Dunc on for the last half hour and thats precisely why we keep him

The derby is exactly the kind of match we need big Dunc on the bench for. If he comes on with 20 minutes to go he will lift the supporters and intimidate the opposition. With Dunc breathing down his neck Hyppia is always liable for a mistake, and with us now having genuine pace all over the park there is a good chance someone will capitalise on it. (stubbs and weir not included in pace comment)

As I said, he is a big game player, but his taste for mindless violence is a little worrying. In the Derby we can't afford to go down to 10 men, the RS would rip us to bits. As Bluemonkey and Claire have said - keep him for the last 20 mins and watch the RS defence crap themselves.

ATB

Mac

Guest fozzie22
This is where my youth blinds me cos I have not seen the 'greats' all of you lot have so in my eyes from players Ive seen Duncan is right up there.  Hes a good guy with a bad temper sort of like myself really.  Hes given us hope and spirit, hes a true blue and hes won us some vital points over the years.  Yes he is a thug and a liability on the pitch but Hypia will be shittin himself next week if we bring Big Dunc on for the last half hour and thats precisely why we keep him

ahh yes,something good to say about age..(at last) :D

bobby latch,inchy,sharpy,lineker varidi :o ,great players

All you oldies need to remember what we have been through!!

Start your mindset in 1990 and picture what we have been through and Duncan Ferguson is and always will be a Legend and David Moyes is the Moysiah!

I'm not saying Duncan is better than any who came befor him and i am not saying that Moyes has been a fantastic manager what i am saying is they have brought us some glint of good throughout all the shite we have had to put up with over our short Everton careers!!

Bring on the days when we are winning league & european silverware again but until then the big man has a place in my heart :)

There is no right or wrong here, only opinion. IMO Dunc is not what some people make him out to be, never been what you could call prolific, reliable, a good example or even a decent human being.

I was spoiled with Sharpie, Gray, Lineker,Roger Kenyon, Sheedy, Lyons, Ball, Harvey, Kendall, Royle ........ the list is endless.

In the years to come I hope young TT'ers can look back with fonder memories than a 3 month stint in Barlinnie and punching some Austrian because he didn't like what he had to say.

ATB

Mac

Guest fozzie22
There is no right or wrong here, only opinion. IMO Dunc is not what some people make him out to be, never been what you could call prolific, reliable, a good example or even a decent human being.

I was spoiled with Sharpie, Gray, Lineker,Roger Kenyon, Sheedy, Lyons, Ball, Harvey, Kendall, Royle ........ the list is endless.

In the years to come I hope young TT'ers can look back with fonder memories than a 3 month stint in Barlinnie and punching some Austrian because he didn't like what he had to say.

ATB

Mac

True,the sad thing about him is the fact he has skill and could have been a hell of a player if he'd wanted to be.

But he couldnt be arsed with it,he to me sums up all that is wrong with the modern game.

ATB

Mac

Your correct Mac!

Ferguson

Barlow

Ridout

Cottee

Branch

Amo

Jeffers

Max Moore

Madar

Stewart

Cadermarteri

Jevons

Rooney

McFadden

Beattie

I cant think of anymore but there will be some, so apart from the current front men (who are by no means the sort of players we can relate to, BT possibly in the future), Shrek (who broke our hearts) and Ridout, Stewart & Cottee (until he shit it against wimbldon). Who have we had to idolise?

No one, a sorry state of affairs but realisticaly he has been the only striker to bring any excitement to the club and that is why we feel like this about Duncan. We tried with many others but no one has had an affect quite like Dunc over the years!! The mans a liability but he has given us some magic moments and it honestly broke my heart to see his goal disallowed against villarreal because i knew it ment as much if not more to him than it did me and that is why we love him. He feels the highs and lows like the rest of us and in my book will always be welcome at Goodison park as a true evertonian.

Que all the true evertonian wouldnt hurt the club the way he has blah blah blah comments. Tell that to all the ex hooligans of the terace days who now run supporters clubs all over liverpool and country and never miss a game. They all hurt the club with their tempers and liking of violence but are some of the most faithful and passionate evertonians you will ever meet.

Like you said Mac its all opinions and there is no rite or worng but for the reccord although i call him a stupid scottish c*nt everytime he gets sent off and hate him for it i do and always will love Duncan Ferguson.

Another thing which built the legend of duncan is the amount of debutants and young academy lads who have made their début and been pushed around and bullied by older pro's who was always there? Duncan! Protecting the young vunerable lads in the team, its not just mindless violence he overreacts to provocation if someone had given him the help Joey Barton was given last year at the start of his career then he could have become a true Goodison legend! Instead i will remember Duncan for the good not the bad and all the spine tingling moments he has brought me personaly :D

Strange but true that Goldfish.

I remember Cottee and he scored a lot of goals for us, hat trick on his debue and almost 200 in total (pretty good by anyones standards) also was a british tranfer record when we signed him, but cant really remember idolising him :( . Why is that?

Strange but true  that Goldfish.

I remember Cottee and he scored a lot of goals for us, hat trick on his debue and almost 200 in total (pretty good by anyones standards) also was a british tranfer record when we signed him, but cant really remember idolising him :( . Why is that?

No spirit!

Duncans a thug but at heart so are we! What happens when a naughty tackle goes in at Goodison?

and its not just the Gwladys, the paddock goes fookin mental then we all sing Run run....... with venom.

Thats the spirit of the blues! Play, sing, fight & die for the cause!

Again IMO :P

Guest fozzie22

I think the fish's list of villians has pointed to the gross mismangement at Everton over the last 20 years or so.

But i still cant see why the thug is fawned over so much,look at the likes of dave watson..mr dependable..hell mr Everton gave blood for the club now ok he wasnt the best in the world,but he had spirit,soul and a love of the club that took him way above anything ferg the thug will ever do.

I think the fish's list of villians has pointed to the gross mismangement at Everton over the last 20 years or so.

But i still cant see why the thug is fawned over so much,look at the likes of dave watson..mr dependable..hell mr Everton gave blood for the club now ok he wasnt the best in the world,but he had spirit,soul and a love of the club that took him way above anything ferg the thug will ever do.

Duncan is not a speck on Dave Watson he was Everton for many years through the gloom and personaly i hold no player in higher regard than Waggy. His problem was he was a defender and defenders dont do spine tingling things like strikers do but the man is a true Legend among the greats of yesteryear.

:D

I have to step back on this one and look closely at Goldfish's argument, probably with the exception of Dixie, i have had over the years the opportunity to see most of the Everton Legends, where as we havent had that many legends to gloat about in the last 20 years.

So to Goldfish, and the other fans who are of the younger generation, Duncan is as near a legend as anybody they have seen, so on that basis alone, i respectfully understand the reason why he is looked upon as a legend, and hope in the coming years, they will have some players who they will adore, and will go on to become Real True Blue Legends.

Licker. ( arl arse ). :)

Guest fozzie22
I have to step back on this one and look closely at Goldfish's argument, probably with the exception of Dixie, i have had over the years the opportunity to see most of the Everton Legends, where as we havent had that many legends to gloat about in the last 20 years.

So to Goldfish, and the other fans who are of the younger generation, Duncan is as near a legend as anybody they have seen, so on that basis alone, i respectfully understand the reason why he is looked upon as a legend, and hope in the coming years, they will have some players who they will adore, and will go on to become Real True Blue Legends.

Licker.  ( arl arse ). :)

Oh i agree..just think the youth of today should look for someone with higher standards.

Just a quick one for kolon - as Zed has said it is all about opinions and as we all know opinions are like ars*holes - everyone has one and think everyone else's stinks.

Having said that take into account various ages and experiences, for the older amongst us Duncan doesn't cut it as a hero figure. Thats not to say we don't appreciate what he has done in the past, especially last season, but to tell people they don't know what they're talking about on a forum such as this, is a tad on the presumptious side.

Only an opinion. :D

Also got to agree with Fozz, I forgot about Watson, stoopid, I know but the man had blue blood.

ATB

Mac

Edited by Mac 1970

ATB

Mac

the decent human being was a bit harsh!