IGNORED

Moyes - Reading Between The Lines

You lot? I'm not a member of KEIOC, nor will I ever be.

Nor will 99% of Everton fans. Everyone knows that it will be a right decision to move to a better stadium with or without Merseyside. I really don't know what all the fuss is about. I think KEIOC needs to give the board a break with all the mess that the club is currently in.

There is so many groups involved in the new ground move who all voice there views and all quote different figures which they are all entitled to do so but in fact it is turning into major mess. The fans and the team and the manager are all getting court up in, this is not good for everton football club.

What i am saying calling EGM in the middle of preseason when we should have been looking to bring players in, has added to the mess moyes and the boys are in now.

You lot? I'm not a member of KEIOC, nor will I ever be.

I wasnt really referring to you Romey........ but Ill be jumped on again for even suggesting it... I guess it just touches a sore nerve

Dangermouse/The Score,

A few things need clarifying regarding the EGM.. you are correct in assuming that the shareholders who lobbied for the EGM are not entirely supportive of Everton's proposed ground move i.e. they have doubts over its viability. The EGM was called for in the summer before the season began, the board chose the date of when it should take place.

There is an unsubstantiated rumour that there was going to be a EGM called every week. This is not and never has been the case. The same thing has appeared on bluekipper too.

The original EGM was called regarding the stadium issues as a number of shareholders have concerns. Regardless of your opinion on the ground move, please bare in mind that the separate shareholders associations all agreed to support the EGM - they have never to my knowledge supported an EGM together before - attempts have been made in the past to gather their support and failed. It was clearly something shareholders wanted information about.

There were plans for a second EGM that were for non-stadium issues but it was never expected to be a weekly event and it's a rumour that has been peddled by the likes of yourselves. I posted the the details of the second EGM in another post, feel free to look at it.

On the Moyes contract front, there was something in the papers the other day that the new contract does not include travel expenses and that is a reason why it's still not been finalised.

Dangermouse/The Score,

A few things need clarifying regarding the EGM.. you are correct in assuming that the shareholders who lobbied for the EGM are not entirely supportive of Everton's proposed ground move. The EGM was called for in the summer before the season began, the board chose the date of when it should take place.

There is an unsubstantiated rumour that there was going to be a EGM called every week. This is not and never has been the case. The same thing has appeared on bluekipper too.

The original EGM was called regarding the stadium issues as a number of shareholders have concerns. Regardless of your opinion on the ground move, please bare in mind that the separate shareholders associations all agreed to support the EGM - they have never to my knowledge supported an EGM together before - attempts have been made in the past to gather their support and failed. It was clearly something shareholders wanted information about.

There were plans for a second EGM that were for non-stadium issues but it was never expected to be a weekly event and it's a rumour that has been peddled by the likes of yourselves. I posted the the details of the second EGM in another post, feel free to look at it.

Are you the voice of the shareholders Louis?

Also, I have said on another thread somewhere, there have been numerous unsubstantiated rumours directed against the Bill and the board which have been "peddled" by the pressure groups, oh go on then KEIOC. It is funny how once the finger of blame swings from the board in KEIOC's direction that they start to get defensive over their actions. I can imagine KEIOC are not enjoying the increasing number of negatives being branded in their driection, wonder if that is how the board felt/feel.

rumours peddled by the likes of yourselves

look i only go on this forum because it is a good one and i dont start rumours maybe its you that starts the rumours.

:offtopic: Everybody concerned is argueing over something they know fook all about, Give it a rest or go to the proper topic to discuss it, personally i wont argue about anything if i dont know the full facts, wish our members would get to know something about what they are argueing about first. :(

Back to topic Should moyes go or stay ........................... for me, stay.

Morning Jim.

Jimmy ... "He has been holding out for a vastly improved contract over a five year period",

How do you know that, has he told you?? Nobody outside the club knows exactly whats on that contract, it could be anything thats holding it up, like the transfer funds that never came across. Dont forget he sold Mcfadden and Johnson to get the £15 million he spent.

And why shouldnt he expect an improved Contract, he got improved long term contracts for half of his squad last season, he has acheived Top 6 in the premier league 4 times, Champs league once, Eufa Cup 3 times. Have all Evertonians got such short memories to have forgotten when we finished in the bottom six every year before he came.

Its a bit different for you and i jimmy we have seen the great sides and the achievements we have had in the past, but for anybody under the age of 25-30 this is the best period they have ever seen for their club, and the manager deserves a little respect for what he has achieved here, so how anybody can be calling for his head baffles me.

As i have said i think he is an honourable man who will make the decision himself if he does'nt improve it by Christmas.

Brilliant post, agree with it 100%. I'm getting a little fed up with Moyes body language and defeatist demanour at the moment, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt and the chance to turn things around. He has made mistakes, every manager does, but how people can say he should be sacked or should walk away after about 6/7 league games is beyond me. It's like, how about we forget his last 5 years with the club and sack him purely based on 9 games this season. How about that for loyalty? yet some of our fans are slagging him off because he won't sign a contract yet which he isn't happy with... the irony.

If at January our season is going nowhere then we can assess things, but calling for Moyes head now is quite frankly obscene. I just hope he can find a new system and fast, on a positive note Pienaar looked good last night!

E_W, I'm not a shareholder so I'm hardly going to be the voice of the shareholders ;) I'll find your other post and reply in there.

Thescore, It was in response to your post above:

if the board and the shareholders weren't fighting about this new ground and calling EGM every week then maybe we might have got all the players we needed and not last minute buys on deadline day as moyes has said it will take 6 to 8 weeks to settle in new players.

If "every week" was just a phrase then I apologise, the same thing has been said on another forum so it seemed like a rumour doing the rounds. I was attempting to clarify that it was never the case.

EDIT -- I've just seen Licker's post.. If you want to discuss it, then lets all go to to a thread created solely for the purpose.

DANGERMOUSE...Thats right licker you know ALL the facts as usual.................... and everyone else is just daft.....

I'VE NOT ENTERED THIS THIS ARGUMENT. because i dont know all the facts and i'm sure you dont either, buT your blaming every TOM, DICK. AND HARRY, even your Auntie Mary and you still know fook all. .................. OFF TOPIC ..........................................

Kipper On David's Future

In one week, out of two cups and turned over by the shite, admittedly its not the best time to be a Blue, but Moyesy is no quitter and has no intention of walking out on Everton. His contract is still unsigned and the game of cat and mouse continues on whether he will sign or not. Rumour control is telling us that Moyesy wants some cash assurances from Blue Bill over his future spending power on the team. We are told Moyesy is happy enough with the size and length of his contract which we believe is worth around £2.5 - £3m a year. Not bad work if you can get it!

Moyesy says: "There's no manager who thinks they have an easy ride. That's part of it. But I want to stay. There might be a timescale, something might happen. Who says when you come into football management that every year you're going to have a good year? We have had tough tests - all managers face difficult times, and I have had some. No one has a divine right to win football games. You have to earn the right to do so. Managers can get into situations where it can be hard, and I have had it before. That's your job." (03/10/08)

E_W, I'm not a shareholder so I'm hardly going to be the voice of the shareholders ;) I'll find your other post and reply in there.

Thescore, It was in response to your post above:

If "every week" was just a phrase then I apologise, the same thing has been said on another forum so it seemed like a rumour doing the rounds. I was attempting to clarify that it was never the case.

EDIT -- I've just seen Licker's post.. If you want to discuss it, then lets all go to to a thread created solely for the purpose.

EDIT -- I've just seen Licker's post.. If you want to discuss it, then lets all go to to a thread created solely for the purpose

what is the point we know nothing anyway.

members seem to be getting upset by my comments so i will call it a day and aplogise to the forum

back moyes and the boys

thescore

Kipper On David's Future

In one week, out of two cups and turned over by the shite, admittedly its not the best time to be a Blue, but Moyesy is no quitter and has no intention of walking out on Everton. His contract is still unsigned and the game of cat and mouse continues on whether he will sign or not. Rumour control is telling us that Moyesy wants some cash assurances from Blue Bill over his future spending power on the team. We are told Moyesy is happy enough with the size and length of his contract which we believe is worth around £2.5 - £3m a year. Not bad work if you can get it!

Moyesy says: "There's no manager who thinks they have an easy ride. That's part of it. But I want to stay. There might be a timescale, something might happen. Who says when you come into football management that every year you're going to have a good year? We have had tough tests - all managers face difficult times, and I have had some. No one has a divine right to win football games. You have to earn the right to do so. Managers can get into situations where it can be hard, and I have had it before. That's your job." (03/10/08)

In my book his words are as vacuous as they could be, he is suggesting his salary is acceptable but he wants cash assurances on money for transfers, that is bollocks. The board cannot possibly give him those assurances and he must know that. Kenwright is trying to sell the club, he hasn't got the personal wealth, and after all the shit thats has been thrown his way, the inclination, to pump any of his money into the club so what guarantees can the club give him, none so he leaves his team in the air and the fans in no mans land. The jury is still out on the £15 mil he spent on one player this term, a player who would not have been eligible for Europe until the new year

My main concern about him now, as said earlier, he cannot take us to the next level, his tactics are always found wanting every time. Check his record against the big four, three euro qualifications is all well and good twice we've been knocked out at the first attempt. Last season we were nearly out early on and then rolled over in Florence. He persists with Arteta taking every dead ball and he's become one of the worst dead ball kickers I've seen but Moyes does bugger all. Yes he shows loyalty but that is not enough we need to win something not see our dreams smashed year in and year out. The little lad next door, who I converted into being a blue said to me before, 'I don't want to support Everton any more they always get beat' try telling youngsters these arguments it means nothing. Managers are judged by results and Moyes efforts have been crap this season, and to wards the end of last term.

In my book his words are as vacuous as they could be, he is suggesting his salary is acceptable but he wants cash assurances on money for transfers, that is bollocks. The board cannot possibly give him those assurances and he must know that. Kenwright is trying to sell the club, he hasn't got the personal wealth, and after all the shit thats has been thrown his way, the inclination, to pump any of his money into the club so what guarantees can the club give him, none so he leaves his team in the air and the fans in no mans land. The jury is still out on the £15 mil he spent on one player this term, a player who would not have been eligible for Europe until the new year

My main concern about him now, as said earlier, he cannot take us to the next level, his tactics are always found wanting every time. Check his record against the big four, three euro qualifications is all well and good twice we've been knocked out at the first attempt. Last season we were nearly out early on and then rolled over in Florence. He persists with Arteta taking every dead ball and he's become one of the worst dead ball kickers I've seen but Moyes does bugger all. Yes he shows loyalty but that is not enough we need to win something not see our dreams smashed year in and year out. The little lad next door, who I converted into being a blue said to me before, 'I don't want to support Everton any more they always get beat' try telling youngsters these arguments it means nothing. Managers are judged by results and Moyes efforts have been crap this season, and to wards the end of last term.

My little lad is 8 he does not like getting beat,but he is like me. LOYAL TO EVERTON AND THE BEST MANAGER WE HAVE HAD SINCE KENDALL my lad is a blue and will remain a blue all his life, ive seen the good and bad times he has only seen the bad,yet his first words this morning were Moyes wont go will he? how could we replace him ? he cant wait for Sunday nor can i,we are going to cheer mOYES and the team and hopefully see them win we could be 2 or 3three points off a champions league spot then, that might not be to bad to look at on Monday morning MOYES MUST STAY

My little lad is 8 he does not like getting beat,but he is like me. LOYAL TO EVERTON AND THE BEST MANAGER WE HAVE HAD SINCE KENDALL my lad is a blue and will remain a blue all his life, ive seen the good and bad times he has only seen the bad,yet his first words this morning were Moyes wont go will he? how could we replace him ? he cant wait for Sunday nor can i,we are going to cheer mOYES and the team and hopefully see them win we could be 2 or 3three points off a champions league spot then, that might not be to bad to look at on Monday morning MOYES MUST STAY

As always you are happy with what you've got I want better for EFC that is the difference between us

I don't get it. Moyes is a brilliant manager, he halved the age of our squad, got us european football, cemented us as one of the best teams outside ther top 4, and made us stronger for it. To Jimmy the Blue, Moyes has the talent and capability to take us into the top 4.

It's never going to be easy, and i remember looking on here the other day and someone posted a load of comments from this time last year, when everybody moaned about our defence, how we were shit and wouldn't get anything out of the year, liege was dissapointing BUT, now we have one focus: 4th. It can be done, we did it before, I'm shocked at the lack of faith on here and the instant something goes wrong Moyes has to go. I love moyes as our manager, i think at present there's noone who can do better for us, and i think everyone needs to take a breather and give it a few games before deciding that he's not good enough anymore.

Seriously, just relax. We're hardly out of the running are we?

I don't get it. Moyes is a brilliant manager, he halved the age of our squad, got us european football, cemented us as one of the best teams outside ther top 4, and made us stronger for it. To Jimmy the Blue, Moyes has the talent and capability to take us into the top 4.

It's never going to be easy, and i remember looking on here the other day and someone posted a load of comments from this time last year, when everybody moaned about our defence, how we were shit and wouldn't get anything out of the year, liege was dissapointing BUT, now we have one focus: 4th. It can be done, we did it before, I'm shocked at the lack of faith on here and the instant something goes wrong Moyes has to go. I love moyes as our manager, i think at present there's noone who can do better for us, and i think everyone needs to take a breather and give it a few games before deciding that he's not good enough anymore.

Thank fuck someone else sticking up for Moyes i cannot believe the stick he is getting once again GET OFF HIS BACK COYB

We will have to agree to disagree on that one mate, I have listed many reasons to say you are wrong and I stick by them all.

Moyes may posses the necicary skills to take us into the top four but it wont in my opinion ever happen until investment is found. I dont think Moyes is a great tactiction by any means which is a massive stumbling block in todays game and as much as i rate Moyes for all he has done for the club with the resources he has and will be given at present i dont think he can take us any further.

We all saw the massive void in quality against the shite last week thats one hell of a bridge to gap on a shoe string budget and a manager that seems berift of any confidence. I dont think its a case anymore of breaking the top four its more the case of keeping up with teams such as Villa and Pompey which looks very unlikely we can or will. At present i'd like Moyes to stay and ride out the storm plus if he did go things would only get worse imo as their are very few decent managers available if any.

Edited by EFC-Paul

People keep on about luckypool out played us, just remember they were off the back of a very rare and lucky win against Man Utd!...(own goal and a miss-hit shot) ! Whilst we were shot to pieces confidence wise! Added to the obvious money thing, and we got what we expected.

Terrible first day to the season, losing at home to an injury time goal!...Moyes didn't make the Yak trip that Blackburn player on the halfway line, in the last couple of seconds, in no danger, which brought a free kick and the winning goal!

Moyes couldn't MAKE Carsley stay! He probably isn't responsible for Lescotts and others poor start to the season and he didn't pick the opponents for our failed european efforts!

Sure he has made a couple of mistakes, but then didn't Arsene Wenger buy Jeffers for £10 million.

Was said on here that in an interview Moyes looked gutted and ready to walk......I'd hardly expect or want him to look too bloody happy, I want him to hurt a bit, like us the fans....just hope some of the players are hurting a bit too!

Moyes is still very young for a manager, a job I'm sure you probably get better at as you mature and make mistakes along the way.Don't be too bloody ready to pass him onto a another club, where all the ups and downs that he has encounted at Everton will make him a top manager.

What good would someone like Rafa be at Everton without a Gerrard and mega millions?

Get Jagielka to put owen in his pocket on Sunday, keep a clean sheet, score a couple of goals and move on............................please.

Moyes to stay!!!!

Moyes may posses the necicary skills to take us into the top four but it wont in my opinion ever happen until investment is found. I dont think Moyes is a great tactiction by any means which is a massive stumbling block in todays game and as much as i rate Moyes for all he has done for the club with the resources he has and will be given at present i dont think he can take us any further.

We all saw the massive void in quality against the shite last week thats one hell of a bridge to gap on a shoe string budget and a manager that seems berift of any confidence. I dont think its a case anymore of breaking the top four its more the case of keeping up with teams such as Villa and Pompey which looks very unlikely we can or will. At present i'd like Moyes to stay and ride out the storm plus if he did go things would only get worse imo as their are very few decent managers available if any.

It was the same last season, everyone said that after our start to the season we were too far behind Blackburn, Man City, Portsmouth etc yet I said we were a better team and we'd finish ahead of them - we did. I'm not quite as confident this time as something does look wrong at the moment and we are missing Lee Carsley more than even I could have predicted (although I knew what a great player he was in a 451). That being said, we haven't got anything like a big enough squad to challenge on several fronts, now we only have two competitions left and that could once again be to our benefit, certainly in the league. We just need to start getting a couple of results, then I think we may start steamrolling along again winning games left, right and centre. We have good players, we have a good manager, just at the moment we can't find the right system. When we do, we'll be right up there again challenging the top 6. We just need to stop the knee jerk reactions, even I've been suckered in a couple of times and let some of our recent performances get to me, but it's early days and on matter how anyone tries to dress it up, Moyes deserves a lot more respect and faith from Everton fans than he is getting at the moment. Don't forget what he has done for us and remember we've been in a lot worse situations than this.

That being said, Moyes really does need to sort out his cup tactics, whereas Benitez is brilliant at cup competitions Moyes just can't get it right and unlucky draws aside there can be no excuses.

It was the same last season, everyone said that after our start to the season we were too far behind Blackburn, Man City, Portsmouth etc yet I said we were a better team and we'd finish ahead of them - we did. I'm not quite as confident this time as something does look wrong at the moment and we are missing Lee Carsley more than even I could have predicted (although I knew what a great player he was in a 451). That being said, we haven't got anything like a big enough squad to challenge on several fronts, now we only have two competitions left and that could once again be to our benefit, certainly in the league. We just need to start getting a couple of results, then I think we may start steamrolling along again winning games left, right and centre. We have good players, we have a good manager, just at the moment we can't find the right system. When we do, we'll be right up there again challenging the top 6. We just need to stop the knee jerk reactions, even I've been suckered in a couple of times and let some of our recent performances get to me, but it's early days and on matter how anyone tries to dress it up, Moyes deserves a lot more respect and faith from Everton fans than he is getting at the moment. Don't forget what he has done for us and remember we've been in a lot worse situations than this.

That being said, Moyes really does need to sort out his cup tactics, whereas Benitez is brilliant at cup competitions Moyes just can't get it right and unlucky draws aside there can be no excuses.

Another reason mate why he isn't worth what he has reportedly ask for. The fact that Moyes is a blood sweat and tears manager means he should really do better in the cup games but I can never forget Shrewsbury

People keep on about luckypool out played us, just remember they were off the back of a very rare and lucky win against Man Utd!...(own goal and a miss-hit shot) ! Whilst we were shot to pieces confidence wise! Added to the obvious money thing, and we got what we expected.

I dont think its a case of people going on about it its the fact that the shite are a team that we are and have been for some time looking to leapfrog and the fact it was plainly obvious we are not anywhere near that level. Did you watch the game they played against United? they where far from lucky mate

Shots (on Goal) LFC 22(7) UTD 8(2)

Fouls 10 18

Corner Kicks 5 4

Offsides 1 4

Time of Possession 54% 46%

Yellow Cards 0 2

Red Cards 0 1

Saves 1 6

Now dont get me wrong am not defending the cunts just the fact some people seem blind to the fact we where well and truly outplayed and at the moment how bad our situation actually is, there may be some similarities to last season and so on but to me this time is different why should we lack confidence in the first game of the season? Like others i asume alot has gone on in the background but that doesnt and shouldnt justify the shit we have seen being played in the blue shirt it falls on Moyes toes to sort the team out in every area, No excuses!

Edited by EFC-Paul

I dont think its a case of people going on about it its the fact that the shite are a team that we are and have been for some time looking to leapfrog and the fact it was plainly obvious we are not anywhere near that level. Did you watch the game they played against United? they where far from lucky mate

Fouls 10 18

Corner Kicks 5 4

Offsides 1 4

Yellow Cards 0 2

Red Cards 0 1

Saves 1 6

Now dont get me wrong am not defending the cunts just the fact some people seem blind to the fact we where well and truly outplayed and at the moment how bad our situation actually is, there may be some similarities to last season and so on but to me this time is different why should we lack confidence in the first game of the season? Like others i asume alot has gone on in the background but that doesnt and shouldnt justify the shit we have seen being played in the blue shirt it falls on Moyes toes to sort the team out in every area, No excuses!

I don't dispute the fact we were out played against luckypool, I gave the reasons why I thought they were high on confidence, whilst at the same time we were so low!

I have to admit I didn't see them play Man Utd, the reason why I called it a lucky win (rare, being obvious) was because no matter how many shots you have or how much possession you have if your goals come from a freak og and a miss-kick, then that is a tad lucky!

We had the lions share of the possession on Thursday, didn't help!...an own goal and a deflected shot going in would have been nice.....and well lucky!

I think if we'd made a good start to the season, and that's the players own fault, then we would have given them a much better game.Seem to remember our last couple of wins against them! Two players kinda stand out from those games...Carsley and Andy Johnson :angry: DAM IT!

Fouls 10 18

Corner Kicks 5 4

Offsides 1 4

Yellow Cards 0 2

Red Cards 0 1

Saves 1 6

Totally correct EW. We should not forget that this season we have also been turned over twice by a team managed by a guy with no Prem experience in the job and has only managed in Division 2 starting two years ago. We have to accept that our side has come apart at the seams and some thing needs doing about it quickly, if we can't put the Barcodes away tomorrow then I will be bloody furious and no excuses will be left be they true or false