IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

With FIFA and PES returning to our consoles this season it's inevitable that us that are hooked on Video Games will be playing a few games on one, or maybe both of them. I've always been a fan of the FIFA franchise until I played PES 4, which for me seemed more fun and player-friendly. I never really looked back on my decision until FIFA 08 finally won over PES and took the better game of the season for me. I thought that the FIFA 08's gameplay, graphics and fun was way more than Pro Evoulution's was and had me hooked.

I've had a few years with the two games now and wondered which game I should go for next season. Even though Pro Evoulution is a whole lot better than FIFA fun-wise the small demo the developers showed us on the websites show that the new game is similar if not exactly the same to its previous game making me feel that I should go for FIFA.

I've also been wanting to ask about a Management game. I've had a little go of Championship Manager and didnt get hooked. I've played a few seasons of FIFA Manager 07 & 08 and think that it's quite good, but I wanted something more. I was thinking more along the lines of playing Football Manager, do any of you play?

This is the place to discuss the two games aswell as any management games that you may play, and discuss how your teams are doing within those games. I for one have started a season with Everton on FIFA and am currently into February fifteen points clear of Chelsea at the top of the game with my only defeat to Liverpool :rolleyes: and my only draw to Sunderland. I've signed Fabregas for 10 million and also managed to acquire some players from the scouts.

So how's your virtual team looking? And are you looking to add the 2009 update's to your collection? Hopefully seeing Saha banging in the goals in his blue no.9 Everton shirt :P

• 2 weeks later...

Some more Pro Evo info for you fresh from Gamespot :)

Having been lucky enough to see Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 on the PlayStation 3 ahead of Leipzig, we didn't actually plan on doing a specific Xbox 360 preview today. However, like Boy Scouts we always come prepared, and we headed over to Konami to check it out just in case. It turned out to be a good job that we did, because not only is the Xbox 360 version looking more polished than the PS3 one at this stage, but it even boasts a brand-new Microsoft controller specifically for the game.

Of the six PES demo machines at Konami's Leipzig booth, four are Xbox 360s and the other two are PS3s. Poking out of the holes of those four demo units are brand-new, never-before-seen green control pads. "They're brand-new controllers from Microsoft," said our Konami rep. "The D pad now works in 16 directions, rather than just four."

Although there's little physically different in the new controllers, the added level of control will definitely suit Pro Evolution Soccer. The previous design has been too bulky and imprecise for football and fighting games, so fans of PES and Street Fighter have reason to rejoice over the redesign. The D pad still protrudes quite a way off of the face of the new controller, but the extra precision will definitely come in handy for Konami's game.

The new pad is probably the reason that we enjoyed the Xbox 360 version of PES 2009 a bit more at this stage. The game is apparently 70 percent through development ahead of its October release, and it feels more polished on Microsoft's console. We're sure (or at least we hope) that this will change in the run-up to release, but we definitely felt more control over our players on Microsoft's console. And though there were fewer teams in the 360 demo (only France, Italy, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina, and Croatia), there were less glitches and visual anomalies, and Ronaldinho looked particularly realistic.

If you want to find out more about the features of the new Pro Evolution Soccer, check out our PS3 preview, which runs down all of the modes and gameplay tweaks. We're encouraged to hear that the new Xbox 360 controller will be released alongside PES, although it's slightly disappointing that it will be a limited-edition model. Either way, we hope to bring you more on the game ahead of its release in Europe a couple of months from now

949452_20080911_screen005.jpg

949452_20080911_screen020.jpg

949452_20080911_screen002.jpg

949452_20080909_screen010.jpg

FIFA 09 News for those that play it.

We're running up the field, heading into the offensive zone of Chelsea. There's not a defender within 15 yards of us. Ahead, an Arsenal striker is making a deep cut toward the Chelsea goalkeeper and, to his left, renowned striker Emmanuel Adebayor is positioning himself to try to make something happen. Suddenly, our teammate behind us sends the ball our way, which we deftly receive at full gallop. Two Blues defenders are closing in on our striker, but we manage to sneak in a perfectly timed through pass, which he fields, passes to Adebayor, who manages to get the goalkeeper out of position and... GOOOOAL!

Now, technically, our crucial through pass doesn't count as an assist on the scorecard, but it surely felt good to us, especially as an introduction to the new 10-versus-10 online play that looks to be one of the brightest features in EA Sports' upcoming FIFA 09. During a recent trip up to EA Canada we got the first look at 10-versus-10 play, playing a match with 19 developers and producers behind FIFA 09, and we can safely report that the new mode puts an entirely new spin on the virtual sport.

947071_20080912_screen019.jpg

947071_20080827_screen007.jpg

947071_20080701_screen002.jpg

947071_20080912_screen020.jpg

t’s never an easy task to improve upon an already strong series (especially one that is released annually), but FIFA 09 manages to do just that. FIFA 09 features the most realistic player physics to ever grace the series, while the ability to augment your team’s tactics provides greater customization.

Player physics are a major focus in this year's game. FIFA 09 will, for the first time in the series, have players jostling for position and headers. During collisions and jostles, each player's size and physical attributes will dictate how the animation plays out. Generally, larger players will be able to hold off smaller defenders, while smaller players will be able to use their speed to avoid contact.

The improvement in player physics translates to the goalkeepers as well. Long-standing issues with inaccurate goalkeeper reactions (goalies making incredibly hard stops at times while at other times allowing the easiest of goals) have been addressed in FIFA 09. Goalkeepers seem to have more realistic reaction times, and their animations play out more smoothly.

From 21st September 2008 this is now 'Video Game Thread' allowing users to talk about any video game. Ask questions, make comments, show pictures. It's all here in the 'Video Game Thread' (:

24/10/08

945663_20080912_screen003.jpg

945663_20080912_screen007.jpg

945663_20080912_screen006.jpg

Can't wait for MotoGP 08 - Though we saw the game last week at the 2008 Games Convention in Leipzig, Capcom is still eager to show off more of its latest entry in the MotoGP series, MotoGP 08. Reps from the company came by earlier this week to show off the game and give us a glimpse at the game's Career mode. It won't be winning any awards for innovation, but MotoGP 08's Career mode looks to be another fun way to get into two-wheeled racing in this sim-style game.

Career mode joins a number of other modes in MotoGP 08, including Quick Race, Time Trial, Championship (where you play a single season run-through of the MotoGP calendar), Challenges, and online play, which will support up to 12 players. Your MotoGP 08 career will last five years, and during that time, you'll sign with a team, as well as build up your bike's attributes. You'll also do your best to win the championships in the different bike classes in which you'll run (125cc, 250cc, and MotoGP).

Scoring points in race events will let you spend points to upgrade your bikes in four different categories: maximum speed, acceleration, braking, and traction. You'll also unlock new teams in your specific class, and you can choose to sign with those new teams. By unlocking teams, you'll eventually be able to work your way up to the pinnacle of the sport--MotoGP class--where you will be racing with the top two-wheel riders in the world.

What's World Of Warcraft about, I've heard of it but never actually played it.

'Though massively multiplayer online role-playing games have been around for years, it has taken this long for the genre's breakthrough hit to finally emerge. Here is the online role-playing game you should play, no matter who you are. This is because World of Warcraft brings out all the best aspects of this style of gaming, if not many of the best aspects of gaming in general. It also features many of the specific characteristics that have made Blizzard Entertainment's previous games so entertaining, memorable, long-lasting, and successful. Of course, the company's past track record did not guarantee that World of Warcraft could have turned out this well. Such high quality simply cannot be expected, nor should it be missed.'

It's got good reviews, from Gamespot.

Edited by dark

What's World Of Warcraft about, I've heard of it but never actually played it.

Well, it's what's called an MMORPG. Stands for Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

It's fantasy based, meaning elves, orcs, wizards, etc, and, in the case of WoW, it's trully massive. last count i saw, about 3 months ago, had over 10 million players worldwide.

But a word of warning, to those that never came into contact with this type of games, WoW especially. It's HIGHLY adictive. and i do mean highly.

There's places and magazines where you can get trial accounts, if you're interested in trying.

And oh, it's a subscription based game. meaning you have to pay (10£ for u guys, i think) each month.

There's free MMOs, but not really up to the level of those that are payed.

But a word of warning, to those that never came into contact with this type of games, WoW especially. It's HIGHLY adictive. and i do mean highly.

I can imagine, I'm addicted to Oblivion which I think is the same type of game. How do you actually play multiplayer? Do you all join a team and complete quests? I'm just wondering the basics of playing.

I can imagine, I'm addicted to Oblivion which I think is the same type of game. How do you actually play multiplayer? Do you all join a team and complete quests? I'm just wondering the basics of playing.

You play online, and there's tons of servers, and of different types as well. There's the PVP and PVE servers. since there's 2 different playable factions (Aliiance and Horde), that are not on the best terms with each other, this determines how you function in the world. on a PVP server, after you've reached a certain level, all the areas are "contested", meaning you can be attacked by players for the opposite side. On a PVE server, this doesn't happen, unless you go to territories that belong to the other faction (home cities and the like).

As for the multiplayer aspect, yes, it's just like that. you can play alone, ofc, but at high level, you will always have some degree of contact, be it running dungeons with a 5 man party, or joining in larger raid groups.

Remembered some songs that I had totally forgot about, which are still good

:)

America – Horse With No Name

Black Sabbath – Paranoid

Buzzcocks – Ever Fallen In Love

Dead Kennedy’s – Holiday In Cambodia

Deep Purple – Demon’s Eye

Dixie Chicks – Not Ready To Make Nice

Dodgy – Staying Out For The Summer

Fleetwood Market – The Chain

Iron Maiden – Phantom Of The Opera

Josh Groban – February Song

Gamespot Review - I trust Gamespot most times ;)

There are a number of thrilling moments lurking in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed--enough of them that you'll likely be disappointed that it drifts so often from the things it excels at. Amazing displays of power and destruction are interspersed with inept, poorly conceived gameplay sequences, making for an inconsistent journey that, fortunately, gets more right than it does wrong. It certainly gives a fantastic first impression, starting with a tutorial level that serves as a great introduction to its complex protagonist. Yet while the initial levels impress, the later ones stumble a bit. Force Unleashed is a very good game that could have been great, had it not taken so many unnecessary detours.

A big chord and brass fanfare signal the opening of Force Unleashed--the same intro that sparks excitement in millions of fans the world over every time they hear it. If you're interested in this game because you're looking for familiar science-fiction pageantry and a classic good-versus-evil tale, you'll find it delivers both. In fact, The Force Unleashed represents a real step forward in storytelling for the famed franchise, delivering a story both more intimate and more powerful than the entirety of the second film trilogy. Sure, it offers its share of melodrama, but it's tempered by emotive voice acting and expressive character models, and together they provide the emotional heft long missing from the movies. The drama is further enriched by a vivid art design that breathes life into the franchise's long-sterile visual exterior.

Leading the narrative charge is Galen Marek, aka Starkiller, Darth Vader's secret apprentice. The Clone Wars have ended, and Vader orders you to hunt and destroy the last of the remaining Jedi. The story, as brief as it is (the game ends at around the eight-hour mark), contains multiple twists, features some friendly and not-so-friendly faces, and is both explosive and remarkably intimate. You'll interact with Vader, of course, but Starkiller spends most of his time with an android called PROXY and his female pilot, Juno Eclipse. Sharing the details of the trio's adventures would spoil too much, so suffice to say, you'll grow remarkably fond of Starkiller and his companions, and their moral conflicts carry a lot of weight.

If you're interested in The Force Unleashed for more than its story, you'll find that it's a mixture of pure fun and pure frustration. The fun wins out, mainly because when it runs on all cylinders, you truly feel like a powerful Dark Jedi, using a variety of force powers and lightsaber slashes to rain death upon rebel and imperial foes alike. You can thank the game's robust physics engine for those thrills. You can grab any number of objects and characters using your force grip power, and when combined with other skills like force lightning and force push, you can fling stormtroopers into Wookiees, crush Felucian tribal leaders under boulders, and smash AT-STs with scattered barrels. In open environments, these mechanics deliver--big time. Grabbing a Rodian from a distance, electrocuting it, and flinging it into a crowd of shock troopers; hearing your lightsaber hum and whir after you whip it toward an innocent Wookiee; or just drop-kicking a whining Jawa: These moments may very well cause you to yell with glee. This is a game that will make you grab your friends to show off your potent skills.

Other attempts at variety arrive with mixed results. Boss encounters and battles against larger enemies, such as rancors and AT-STs, initiate God of War-style quick-time events, and while the initial button prompts can sometimes take you by surprise, most of these sequences are larger than life, featuring all of the acrobatics and pain-inducing attacks you'd expect from a Dark Jedi. You'll also find a few light but sensible puzzles that require you to pull platforms upward or bend metal slabs downward. Other sequences are simply terrible. The most egregious of these involves pulling a destroyer from out of the sky while simultaneously taking on a group of TIE fighters firing at you from their fancy figure-eight pattern. This could have been a game-defining set piece, but due to a broken feedback system--which purports to show you how to maneuver the analog sticks but does nothing of the sort--it's reduced to a malodorous misstep best forgotten. In another misbegotten sequence, you must fight the sensitive targeting system to get rotating rings to stay in place, then fight the camera while you ride an elevator and dash across a walkway--while under the pressure of a time limit. And you have to do it twice. That bit, along with another one that requires you to float upward on blue lasers, brings what should have been Force Unleashed's most exhilarating level to a grinding halt, and the gameplay never fully recovers.

As you progress from level to level, you earn (and find) upgrade crystals, and in turn you learn new combos and can upgrade your force powers to make them more effective. It's a nice touch, because it gives you the impression that Starkiller indeed grows more powerful as the game hurdles forward. It also provides some light character customization, but there are only three development trees, so by the time you reach Force Unleashed's conclusion, you may very well have maxed out most of your abilities. As your move set deepens, you'll encounter increasingly mighty foes, many of which are immune to one force power or another. This approach is a double-edged sword, requiring you to abandon your favorite combinations in favor of other, potentially less enjoyable moves.

Force Unleashed's art direction sparkles and glows, injecting brooding, rich color into every environment--even corridors and control rooms. The junkyards of Raxus Prime are most notable in this regard, but other locales, both familiar and new, are beautifully lit and feature lightly stylized textures and other subtle touches. It's Star Wars, all right, but like the story, the art direction surpasses franchise standards. The graphics engine renders this artistic vision (along with the game's overactive physics) well enough, but it often struggles to keep up. Visual bugs, momentary pauses, and frame rate drops are relatively common, and somewhat more prevalent in the PlayStation 3 version. We encountered instances of blinking textures, incomplete geometry, and on the PS3, multiple occasions when enemy character models would immediately disappear upon defeat. It's certainly beautiful to look at, but throw in weirdly long load times just to pull up menus and jarring cutscene transitions, and you start to see the corners that were cut.

If you know your Star Wars, you probably already have an idea of what Force Unleashed sounds like--and you'd be right on the money. The sound design is of generally high quality, filling your speakers with the swooshes of sabers and the strains of John Williams' famous musical score (along with some new and appropriate compositions). So it sounds expectedly great, but like with the visuals, you may come across some bugs. While we played the PS3 version, the voice track would occasionally fade away, making it essentially impossible to hear dialogue over the music. In the Xbox 360 version, the voice track became desynched from character lip movements several times. It's too bad, because the game's audio is almost as well conceived as its art.

Once you've completed the game and are the all-powerful Dark Jedi you've always wanted to be, it's remarkably fulfilling to return to Force Unleashed's earlier, better levels to try out the powers and combos you didn't possess on your first play-through of them. Or perhaps you want to experience the second of the game's two endings (a reasonable goal, since one of them is bound to get fans talking) while wearing one of the unlockable costumes. But most players will find that aside from a return to the better areas, once is enough. When the game caters to its strengths, it soars; when it deviates, it flounders. Regardless, it's still a more than worthy entry in a long line of licensed Star Wars games, and a good action game in its own right.

Score 8.5

It has been stated in an interview with David Rutter that there are over 250 improvements on the game.[6]

Among the improvements in the new FIFA are improved responsiveness that allows for quicker release of the ball, greater urgency in the off-the-ball running, a new jostle system that takes into account the strength of the players when going shoulder to shoulder and subtle animations that enable players to take first-time shots.

Another of the edition's biggest changes is a completely revamped collision system, which calculates speed, weight and power when the players collide, as each player will have their own individual strength and power statistics depending on their body characteristics.

New goalkeeper technology has also been added which allows for better positioning, better reactions to saves and faster recovery after a save has been made.

An improvement from FIFA 08 is the weather and time. Rain and snow can be switched on and off before games, which affects whether players wear gloves. Games can be played during daytime, night and dusk, however in the latest installment the game eventually turns to night as the second half starts adding to the realistic feel of evening matches.

If a player is substituted during half time, the replacement player is seen warming up and running on to the pitch. However if a substitution is made during play, the players are seen approaching each other. The score of the game has an effect on this, if a player has scored then he waves to the fans and claps before being substituted, however some players react badly to being substituted for example, if they are having a good or disappointing game, or if they are a key player in the squad. Captains have more of an effect in the team. Choosing a squad member who has good captain qualities for example from the players stats under leadership will help the balance of the team.

FIFA 09 will also include a '10 vs. 10' Be a Pro online game and the offline Be a Pro Mode will last for a maximum of 4 seasons.

FIFA 09 will also feature user-controlled player celebrations, like in UEFA Euro 2008, for the first time.

Bold = B)

FIFA 09 features new Custom Team Tactics that gives you all the tools to become a first-team coach. For the first time, go inside the game engine to customize the positioning and support play of your teammates and decide exactly how your team will play in any situation. Now you are the player, coach and manager! You have the power to adjust and customize tactical settings so CPU players and your team perform just like the real-world team plays or how you think it should play. Save your tactics and then make strategic decisions to exploit your opponent’s weaknesses, all on-the-fly.

PES fan Mark puts EA’s latest FIFA through its paces...

It’s easily one of the questions we get asked the most in emails to the site. FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer; which is better? Well, for many footy nuts its Konami’s game – lacking licenses but oozing realism – that’s held in the highest regard, while arcade-based FIFA has typically been the province of the post-pub casual player In recent years however EA’s fully licensed footy franchise has made great strides, and last year the gap in quality was narrower than ever. With FIFA 09, EA Sports are looking to leapfrog PES – and from our recent hands-on, it might just manage it. EA are keen to stress the number of improvements in FIFA 09 compared to its 08 forebear, and with good reason. There’s 250 of them, with top priority given to player animation, with side-by-side videos of FIFAs 08 and 09 clearly displaying the progress in silky-smooth dribbling, increased momentum and accurate collision detection.

But it’s only when you pick up a pad that you begin to appreciate how the technical advancements have helped the gameplay. Players jostle believably, move intelligently, signal for through-balls and fall in different ways depending on their speed at the time of a challenge, and the direction a challenge comes in from; tumbling Drogba-style over head-on slide tackles and sprawling epically when they have their trailing foot taken out at high speed.

Flow

In possession of the ball, FIFA 09 simply flows; there’s no better word for it. The ball pings about with a pleasing elasticity in FIFA 09, while thankfully avoiding the ping-pong nature of past generation FIFAs. The result is a fast-paced but smooth, organic-feeling game of football, full of crunching tackles, dynamic interplay and an empowering shot system.

In addition to this, FIFA 09 allows budding Benitez’s to come to the fore with Custom Team Tactics. You’ll be able to save these to share online, and importantly, map them to the d-pad to change your approach during a game. You’ll still be able to play with the pre-set tactics, but for serious players Custom options should add an extra layer of depth to FIFA 09.

So, FIFA 09 is a football game that offers rewarding buildup play, lifelike player interaction and arguably the best visuals in any sporting videogame to date. But it’s scoring that truly feels satisfying. Where PES 2008 often feels like an exercise in manoeuvring towards the sweet spot, FIFA 09 makes you feel like you can score the kind of goals you would in real life; with animation and A.I. that makes scoring the same goal twice a far trickier prospect. It’s ironic given the respective reputations of the two footballing franchises, but FIFA 09 actually feels more of a sim than PES 08’s more arcade-like offering.

It’s a bit unfair to compare FIFA 09 to Pro Evo’s year-old effort, of course – but with Konami not giving hands-on playtests with PES2009 yet, we can’t be sure how the two titles will stack up against each other in October. What IS for sure is that Konami will have to go some to replicate FIFA 09’s planned 10v10 online play, in which every player bar the goalkeepers will be player controlled. It’s an unprecedented and enormous selling point that’s fraught with potential hazards, but if EA nail the net code for launch (something Konami have never quite managed) we could be looking at an era-defining online sports title.

Our playtest with FIFA 09 demonstrated huge potential, even if current squads weren’t up to date, with Flamini at Milan, for instance, but new Liverpool star signing Robbie Keane still at Spurs. Like Man United supporters then, Konami and hardcore PES fans should be concerned; this year the competition have made massive improvements, and this season’s big footy grudge match looks far too close to call.

Only 12 hours till i go pick fifa up

Comes out 4th October in England. You'll have to write me a review about it before I splash the cash ;)

-

Following on from last month's in-depth previews of the next-gen and Wii versions of FIFA 09, we were recently given hands-on time with the latest next-gen and PC code, the latter of which proved to be the surprise package of the afternoon.

As EA has so proudly proclaimed, FIFA 09 is packing 250 new features. Had we brought our abacus, perhaps we could have kept count, but seeing as we didn't, we focused instead on getting a feel for each version and siphoning any extra info we could extract from next-gen FIFA producer David Rutter and FIFA PC associate producer Paul Hossack.

So let's kick off with the PS3 and 360 versions, which bar a few cosmetic differences felt pretty much identical. While lacking the same level of innovation as FIFA 08, these next-gen offerings certainly felt like a confident stride forward for the series, displaying enough polish and refinement to potentially push FIFA 09 over that line of excellence that 08 so marginally failed to cross.

A tad slower than Euro 2008 and a smidgeon quicker than its predecessor (there's an option to set the speed to match either of these two games if you desire), FIFA 09 retains much of the realism that made its prequel such a triumph. However, while realism has clearly remained high on the agenda, this year's offering feels somewhat more accessible, with a learning curve that's likely to leave you mildly panting rather than rasping like an asthmatic climbing Everest, thanks in no small part to the new responsiveness and physicality systems that make for more free-flowing matches.

Unlike last year, we were able to ping passes away instantly after trapping while shielding was a far more robust affair, allowing for increased possession retention and more imaginative build-ups. There was also a greater emphasis on midfield battles, with players lunging into 50/50s and able to pull off full stretch passes and last-ditch tackles more smoothly and effectively than in the more rigid 08.

Another tweaked area was dribbling, with players taking fewer touches for added realism and reacting in a far more lifelike manner when tackled, often stumbling and recovering rather than tumbling at the merest contact. Most satisfying of all was how responsive the players felt, especially in and around the penalty area, with strikers far more alert when following in after shots. Keeper AI, however, was still somewhat patchy (apparently this side of the game is still being balanced) and at times produced the type of comical moments usually reserved for You've Been Framed and England internationals.

As well as giving our thumbs a thorough workout, we also worked up a cerebral sweat by playing around with the new tactical options. Thankfully, these proved more than just a tacked-on feature and went some way to adding strategic variety. While the collection of tactical slider bars may have been a little more simplistic than we would have liked, the results of our tweaking certainly seemed to pay dividends as we seamlessly switched between custom-made defensive and offensive strategies, with our team responding with satisfying levels of intelligence.

Up close, graphical detail wasn't a world away from last year's models, with some players still looking a little odd (especially on the PS3 version), including Dirk Kuyt who looked like the lovechild of Dracula and Cher. On a more positive note, the much-vaunted new physical jostling mechanics proved worthy of its fanfare, adding a real sense of muscularity (or lack of in the case of weedier players), with plenty of bone-splitting shoulder barging that typifies the modern game.

Once we'd had our fill of 360 and PS3 goodness, we cornered producer David Rutter to find out more about the game's four season Be a Pro career mode and the highly anticipated 10-versus-10 online multiplayer action.

Comes out 4th October in England. You'll have to write me a review about it before I splash the cash ;)

Will do. I don't understand why we are getting it earlier but i'm not complaining. Your right up of it just then is gonna keep me awake tonight in anticipation.

Will do. I don't understand why we are getting it earlier but i'm not complaining. Your right up of it just then is gonna keep me awake tonight in anticipation.

I am :P

Yeah its just I dont really want to spend my cash on 09 if I dont see a big improvement from 08. I don't think I will be getting Pro Evoulution this time. It just looks the same as 08, La Liga gone and the only change is that they have the licence for the Champions League. By the year 2012 Pro Evoulution will be gone.

ive never seen what is so good about pro evo, always been a fifa man myself. You gotta have the new fifa man can't go on playing 08. I'm not sure if i saw it here or somewhere else but i think i heard you would be able to update all the squads from the 6 big leagues every couple of weeks and the players would have new rankings which took into account how they had been playing in real life.

Sounds good. I like the new feature of the weather. In the winter time the first-half will be in warm day-light and then second will slowly fade into darkness and the pitch will turn cold meaning you will have to adapt to it.

For me I have always been a Pro Evo man. Up till Pro Evo 6 Fifa didn't keep up IMO, it was more fun to play and most of my mates had it. Fifa 08 was the turning point for me, that was a fantastic game and I thought how PES would keep up. PES 2008 was also good but after the added updates in 09 I serously think that FIFA has won this long battle of the games.