Photo

Man Of The Match ... Vs .. Newcastle.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Man of the Match Vs Newcastle. (39 member(s) have cast votes)

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

1. HOWARD (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. HIBBERT (0 votes [0.00%])

3. JAGIELKA (4 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

4. LESCOTT (0 votes [0.00%])

5. BAINES (25 votes [64.10%])

Percentage of vote: 64.10%

6. ARTETA (1 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

7. FELLAINI (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

8. OSMAN (4 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

9. PIENAAR > subbed (0 votes [0.00%])

10. YAKUBU (0 votes [0.00%])

11. SAHA > subbed (0 votes [0.00%])

12. ANICHEBE < (70mins) (0 votes [0.00%])

13. VAUGHAN < (84mins) (0 votes [0.00%])

14. NOAH BAARDHI (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 05 Oct 2008 - 16:57

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Current Player of the Year standings....

Osman 46
Jagielka 37
Arteta 30
Cahill 24
Neville 22
Saha 22
Castillo 18
Anichebe 13
Baines 11
Yakubu 9
Vaughan 7
Baxter 4
Yobo 4
Baadhi 4
Fellaini 3
Valente 2
Howard 1
Rodwell 1

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta
West Brom (A)...Leon Osman
Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines
Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill
Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo
Hull City (A)...Leon Osman
Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha
Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka
Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

#2 carlmc25

carlmc25

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 05 Oct 2008 - 17:03

Vote now while its still fresh in your memory. :rolleyes: maybe Noah Baardhi deserves your vote.

surely has to be Baines, two assists and two clearances off the line.

#3 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 05 Oct 2008 - 17:11

It has to be Baines he was the only one, with again the exception of Jags, that could have won it

#4 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 05 Oct 2008 - 18:39

baines.
although i thought fellaini had a decent game

#5 DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 05 Oct 2008 - 22:43

Did Baines not go wanderbouts for their second.... not aman of the match perfomence for me.... far to many stary passes... cought out of position alot in the secon half....

Would have lost though if it wasnt for his two clearences......

#6 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 05 Oct 2008 - 22:54

Did Baines not go wanderbouts for their second.... not aman of the match perfomence for me.... far to many stary passes... cought out of position alot in the secon half....

Would have lost though if it wasnt for his two clearences......

They got played on because Pienaar stopped still and didn't cover Baines, on a day of few stars he still stood out

#7 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2008 - 06:49

After thinking about it for a while its difficult to pick a performer worthy of MOTM, but for reasons already stated I must go for Baines. I'm not happy about his defending qualities but cant fault his wing play yesterday, i thought he was our best and most dangerous attacker, Plus as already stated by several posters, His two goal line blocks saved us from what would have been another embarrasing defeat, so my vote has gone to BAINES.

Would just like to add that on the OS yesterday i saw an Article from DM saying something about "Look at the league, there is no Crisis here", Well i'd just like to say to Mr Moyes ........
If you are reading this just go and have a look at the League yourself, cos there is a fookin crisis.

#8 ooberman

ooberman

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2008 - 11:07

i voted osman by mistake (forgot about baines who was clearly our best player :D )

but yeah, i think osman had a really good game for about an hour - his touch and composure has improved massively in the last year. fellaini also did ok.

#9 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2008 - 11:16

I think I must have been watching another game. I thought that Baines was ok, but nowhere near as well as others are making him out to be. I don't think he was terrible, but I really on't think he was that good. For one thing, where was he for Newcastle's second? The LB slot was completly open for Taylor to run through.

Anyway, my vote went to Jags

#10 nogs

nogs

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2008 - 12:17

There really shouldn't be a man of the match for that dross. IMO that was the worst performance of the season - I can forgive being outplayed by the RS, knocked out the Carling Cup by blackburn reserves and going out the UEFA Cup to a far superior side, but letting a two goal lead slip against Newcastle, a team which doesnt look like it could punch its way out of a wet paper bag it's so low on confidence at the moment, is just beyond the pale. I'm still a little stunned by it, actually - how the f*ck did we let that happen?

I agree with Licker about Moyes' denial of there being a crisis at the club - I think yesterday was pretty nailed on proof that we are in a deep, deep hole and there doesn't look much of a glimmer of getting out of it at the moment. Roll on Arsenal and Man Utd... :huh:

#11 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,179 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2008 - 17:06

There really shouldn't be a man of the match for that dross. IMO that was the worst performance of the season - I can forgive being outplayed by the RS, knocked out the Carling Cup by blackburn reserves and going out the UEFA Cup to a far superior side, but letting a two goal lead slip against Newcastle, a team which doesnt look like it could punch its way out of a wet paper bag it's so low on confidence at the moment, is just beyond the pale. I'm still a little stunned by it, actually - how the f*ck did we let that happen?

I agree with Licker about Moyes' denial of there being a crisis at the club - I think yesterday was pretty nailed on proof that we are in a deep, deep hole and there doesn't look much of a glimmer of getting out of it at the moment. Roll on Arsenal and Man Utd... :huh:

If you don't think there was a MOTM then vote for Noah Baadhi :)

#12 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2008 - 17:45

I also wouldn't say it was our worst performance this season, it is easy to forget how well we played for the first half (bar 1 minute of stupidity)

Do you not remember the Pompey game? Seriously think that was better than this?

#13 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2008 - 22:40

I also wouldn't say it was our worst performance this season, it is easy to forget how well we played for the first half (bar 1 minute of stupidity)

Do you not remember the Pompey game? Seriously think that was better than this?

Jamie, did we play that well in the first half or were they just lacking confidence and belief, as soon as they scored we became crap

#14 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,429 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2008 - 23:17

Thanks for doing this Bill.
Has to be Baines for me for the simple reason that, however he played for the rest of the game he made both our goals and stopped two certainties for them.

#15 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 07 Oct 2008 - 18:14

Jamie, did we play that well in the first half or were they just lacking confidence and belief, as soon as they scored we became crap

I genuinely think we did play well in the first half. We passed well, we had good movement. I think that having Ossie in the attacking central role gave the team alot more threat than when Cahill has been playing there recently as he actually moved and passed. Gave a little dynamic to the team, Cahill might score goals but we all know that his all round game is fairly poor.

Anyway, getting off the point slightly. I did think we played very well in the first 45, no matter what the confidence of Newcastle. We looked good becasue we played well, not because Newcastle played poorly.... in the first 45 minutes that is.

#16 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 10 Oct 2008 - 22:26

bump.

Any more voters . ???

#17 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 10 Oct 2008 - 22:29

Voted Baines. If it wasn't for Peanut's defensive error causing the second goal, I might've voted for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users