• PIENAAR > subbed
    • YAKUBU
    • SAHA > subbed
    • ANICHEBE < (70mins)
    • VAUGHAN < (84mins)
    • NOAH BAARDHI

pollresizear5.jpg

Arteta-1.jpgFellaini.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Osman 46

Jagielka 37

Arteta 30

Cahill 24

Neville 22

Saha 22

Castillo 18

Anichebe 13

Baines 11

Yakubu 9

Vaughan 7

Baxter 4

Yobo 4

Baadhi 4

Fellaini 3

Valente 2

Howard 1

Rodwell 1

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Did Baines not go wanderbouts for their second.... not aman of the match perfomence for me.... far to many stary passes... cought out of position alot in the secon half....

Would have lost though if it wasnt for his two clearences......

They got played on because Pienaar stopped still and didn't cover Baines, on a day of few stars he still stood out

After thinking about it for a while its difficult to pick a performer worthy of MOTM, but for reasons already stated I must go for Baines. I'm not happy about his defending qualities but cant fault his wing play yesterday, i thought he was our best and most dangerous attacker, Plus as already stated by several posters, His two goal line blocks saved us from what would have been another embarrasing defeat, so my vote has gone to BAINES.

Would just like to add that on the OS yesterday i saw an Article from DM saying something about "Look at the league, there is no Crisis here", Well i'd just like to say to Mr Moyes ........

If you are reading this just go and have a look at the League yourself, cos there is a fookin crisis.

I think I must have been watching another game. I thought that Baines was ok, but nowhere near as well as others are making him out to be. I don't think he was terrible, but I really on't think he was that good. For one thing, where was he for Newcastle's second? The LB slot was completly open for Taylor to run through.

Anyway, my vote went to Jags

There really shouldn't be a man of the match for that dross. IMO that was the worst performance of the season - I can forgive being outplayed by the RS, knocked out the Carling Cup by blackburn reserves and going out the UEFA Cup to a far superior side, but letting a two goal lead slip against Newcastle, a team which doesnt look like it could punch its way out of a wet paper bag it's so low on confidence at the moment, is just beyond the pale. I'm still a little stunned by it, actually - how the f*ck did we let that happen?

I agree with Licker about Moyes' denial of there being a crisis at the club - I think yesterday was pretty nailed on proof that we are in a deep, deep hole and there doesn't look much of a glimmer of getting out of it at the moment. Roll on Arsenal and Man Utd... :huh:

There really shouldn't be a man of the match for that dross. IMO that was the worst performance of the season - I can forgive being outplayed by the RS, knocked out the Carling Cup by blackburn reserves and going out the UEFA Cup to a far superior side, but letting a two goal lead slip against Newcastle, a team which doesnt look like it could punch its way out of a wet paper bag it's so low on confidence at the moment, is just beyond the pale. I'm still a little stunned by it, actually - how the f*ck did we let that happen?

I agree with Licker about Moyes' denial of there being a crisis at the club - I think yesterday was pretty nailed on proof that we are in a deep, deep hole and there doesn't look much of a glimmer of getting out of it at the moment. Roll on Arsenal and Man Utd... :huh:

If you don't think there was a MOTM then vote for Noah Baadhi :)

I also wouldn't say it was our worst performance this season, it is easy to forget how well we played for the first half (bar 1 minute of stupidity)

Do you not remember the Pompey game? Seriously think that was better than this?

I also wouldn't say it was our worst performance this season, it is easy to forget how well we played for the first half (bar 1 minute of stupidity)

Do you not remember the Pompey game? Seriously think that was better than this?

Jamie, did we play that well in the first half or were they just lacking confidence and belief, as soon as they scored we became crap

Jamie, did we play that well in the first half or were they just lacking confidence and belief, as soon as they scored we became crap

I genuinely think we did play well in the first half. We passed well, we had good movement. I think that having Ossie in the attacking central role gave the team alot more threat than when Cahill has been playing there recently as he actually moved and passed. Gave a little dynamic to the team, Cahill might score goals but we all know that his all round game is fairly poor.

Anyway, getting off the point slightly. I did think we played very well in the first 45, no matter what the confidence of Newcastle. We looked good becasue we played well, not because Newcastle played poorly.... in the first 45 minutes that is.