IGNORED

Are We In A Crisis

After this pathetic start to the season, our managers continued contractual dispute and on going rumours about the club is going into foreign ownership have we become a club in crisis :o

IMO we are bordering on that now if not already there, another couple of defeats and we will be as what confidence is left in the players and the fans will have dissipated completely, especially if those defeats are heavy (Utd and Arsenal are up next by the way).

Assuming the worst happens what do we do then apart from panic and what blame does the manager take in all of this?

Discuss

After this pathetic start to the season, our managers continued contractual dispute and on going rumours about the club is going into foreign ownership have we become a club in crisis :o

IMO we are bordering on that now if not already there, another couple of defeats and we will be as what confidence is left in the players and the fans will have dissipated completely, especially if those defeats are heavy (Utd and Arsenal are up next by the way).

Assuming the worst happens what do we do then apart from panic and what blame does the manager take in all of this?

Discuss

Before you all hang Moyes, can we not wait to see what the next few results will be, it is as if you cannot wait to hang him.once again i say lets judge him at the end of the season. i think we owe him that for all he has done for us.by the way in crisis was what the club was in until Moyes came.just remember what it was like when he took over. now that was a CRISIS.which he averted.

Give all at the club a chance.....and those fans you think will avoid Goodison park if things dont go are way......

We can all agree that we havent made the best start to the season but not lets all jump on the bandwangon and start slagging evertone off for defeats against Arsenal n Man .... we havent even played them yet......

I for one wont aboandon the blues should we loose are next two games... Im sure that would be a time where they need our support more than ever....

Give all at the club a chance.....and those fans you think will avoid Goodison park if things dont go are way......

We can all agree that we havent made the best start to the season but not lets all jump on the bandwangon and start slagging evertone off for defeats against Arsenal n Man .... we havent even played them yet......

I for one wont aboandon the blues should we loose are next two games... Im sure that would be a time where they need our support more than ever....

well said,thats two of us who are not giving up!!!!!!!!

Not for me.

2005 by the end of October we were out of the Champs league, out of UEFA, out of the Carling Cup (beaten by 'Boro at home), had four points from nine games in the league having lost at home to Pompey and Wigan (when they were both big relegation candidates). We were bloody lucky to pick up a 1-0 win at home to Bolton when we were second best for the whole game, otherwise it would have been even worse.

That was a crisis (even though we finished comfortably mid-table with fifty points by the end of the season).

We're going through a rough patch for sure but it happens to everyone, we'll get through it.....and we've all known we've been over-performing for years so it shouldn't come as a big surprise to anyone if we drop from that level for a bit.

2005 turned round with a draw against Chelski at the end of October (they had a 100% record to that point) when we played really well.

Maybe it'll be Arse or ManU that changes it for us this time.

Lets just look at the seasons start in detail ...........

Blackburn home .. 2-1 up with half an hour to go and lost 2-3.

West Brom away .. completely outplayed football wise, but we managed to come away with a lucky 2-1 win.

Portsmouth home .. Completely destroyed by pompey after a gutless performance and Duly lost 0-3. could have been more.

Stoke City away ...2-0 up at one point but had to rely on a late cahill goal to take the points with a lucky 3-2 win.

Hull City away .... 0-2 down this time and had to rely on late goals from Cahill and Osman to rescue a point 2-2.

Liverpool home ... Never thought i would see a Derby game with so little passion from our players, we just never competed and more or less rolled over. An easy game for Liverpool and consequently without any fight we lost it easily 0-2.

Newcastle home .. 1st half showing was fairly decent but the second half returned to the usual Dross thats been the norm this season, but for two goalline blocks and several chances missed by the newcs it could have been another embarrassing defeat 2-2

So 7 of the 8 points we have gained have been against the 3 promoted sides, West brom, Stoke, and Hull, and the other one against a team that must have been lower in Moral and Confidence than we are, and they came to FORTRESS Goodison on the back of 4 straight defeats.

Remember somebody saying a couple of months ago that they didnt like playing promoted sides so early in the season because they would be full of confidence and on a high, i wonder if they still think that way now, cos if we had played three prem clubs instead of them we would probably be shaking hands with Spurs at the bottom right now.

Anyway, Back to the question... Are we in a crisis, ?? You can bet your life we are.

Discuss

Assuming the BEST happens what do we do then apart from CELEBRATING and what PRAISE does the manager take in all this.The difference is i want the best to happen,i get the feeling because of your persecution of Moyes you would like the worst to happen which is quite sad really. im sorry but im going to watch my team play Man u and support them hoping that we will beat them, not get a heavy defeat them, that is what a supporter does supports his team !!!!!!!

West Brom away .. completely outplayed football wise, but we managed to come away with a lucky 2-1 win.

Portsmouth home .. Completely destroyed by pompey after a gutless performance and Duly lost 0-3. could have been more.

Stoke City away ...2-0 up at one point but had to rely on a late cahill goal to take the points with a lucky 3-2 win.

Hull City away .... 0-2 down this time and had to rely on late goals from Cahill and Osman to rescue a point 2-2.

Liverpool home ... Never thought i would see a Derby game with so little passion from our players, we just never competed and more or less rolled over. An easy game for Liverpool and consequently without any fight we lost it easily 0-2.

Newcastle home .. 1st half showing was fairly decent but the second half returned to the usual Dross thats been the norm this season, but for two goalline blocks and several chances missed by the newcs it could have been another embarrassing defeat 2-2

So 7 of the 8 points we have gained have been against the 3 promoted sides, West brom, Stoke, and Hull, and the other one against a team that must have been lower in Morale and Confidence than we are, and they came to FORTRESS Goodison on the back of 4 straight defeats.

Remember somebody saying a couple of months ago that they didnt like playing promoted sides so early in the season because they would be full of confidence and on a high, i wonder if they still think that way now, cos if we had played three prem clubs instead of them we would probably be shaking hands with Spurs at the bottom right now.

Anyway, Back to the question... Are we in a crisis, ?? You can bet your life we are.

Totally agree. Welcome to Smith Season.

Not for me.

2005 by the end of October we were out of the Champs league, out of UEFA, out of the Carling Cup (beaten by 'Boro at home), had four points from nine games in the league having lost at home to Pompey and Wigan (when they were both big relegation candidates). We were bloody lucky to pick up a 1-0 win at home to Bolton when we were second best for the whole game, otherwise it would have been even worse.

That was a crisis (even though we finished comfortably mid-table with fifty points by the end of the season).

We're going through a rough patch for sure but it happens to everyone, we'll get through it.....and we've all known we've been over-performing for years so it shouldn't come as a big surprise to anyone if we drop from that level for a bit.

2005 turned round with a draw against Chelski at the end of October (they had a 100% record to that point) when we played really well.

Maybe it'll be Arse or ManU that changes it for us this time.

Hopefully - And good point Mike.

So 7 of the 8 points we have gained have been against the 3 promoted sides, West brom, Stoke, and Hull, and the other one against a team that must have been lower in Morale and Confidence than we are, and they came to FORTRESS Goodison on the back of 4 straight defeats.

Great post bill and I totally agree with you, as to what we are going to do about it...............................I do have ideas but

Being two down at home to Wimbledon on the last day of the season is a crisis!

What we've got now is a bad start to the season!....Combination of poor form from some players and a loss of confidence by, at the moment quite a few.

We didn't play well against Blackburn, but for a stupid mistake we would have had at least a point, and not a very demoralizing defeat.

Against Portsmouth we again weren't good, didn't Ossie hit the post before they scored and the Yak missed a pen, resulting in collapse!

Stoke and Hull have proved no pushovers.

Then that fuc%ing goal just before halftime Sunday :angry:

We could be a clean sheet and a win away from getting back on track, maybe only a small chance of getting them in the next couple of games, but you never know.

Crisis!......Yes if we start talking it up!......No if we think back to Wimbledon.