103 replies to this topic

#1 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,612 posts

Posted 07 Oct 2008 - 21:36

Kitbag and Nike were expected to be the companies involved with Everton next season but according to some the manufacturer will be Le Coq Sportif. I don't know if it's true, just passing it on!

No disrespect to LCS but I don't think kids will be too pleased if its true - big brands are king, and many would want an Adidas or Nike kit - they'd probably sell more too.

#2 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 07 Oct 2008 - 21:40

I can't stand the new Le Coq Sportif kits, they really are horrific. Would quite like Nike though. I personally don't mind Umbro but if we where to change think i'd prefer Adidas as they make my favourite kits.

Edited by jamiemaher85, 07 Oct 2008 - 21:43.

#3 DonKey

DonKey

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 07 Oct 2008 - 22:22

I'd love Adidas. If they could do something similar with their footy kits as they do with some of the rugby kits we'd be laughing.
Anyone seen any of the Toulouse rugby union kits? Amazing what you can do with some pink and some flowers!

#4 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,035 posts

Posted 07 Oct 2008 - 23:18

i really think the nike or adidas would boost merchandise through the roof. have a look at uniteds blue kit, lovely!

#5 TOFFEE_BOY

TOFFEE_BOY

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 Oct 2008 - 23:38

thats how low we are sinking LCS , i have always loved adidas kits, dont mind umbro however

#6 Guest_Reg Reagan_*

Guest_Reg Reagan_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 Oct 2008 - 01:47

whats wrong with umbro? i see nothing wrong with the apparell we have.

Nike is shit, their design and quality have always been shit.

I dont mind us going back to puma

#7 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,218 posts

Posted 08 Oct 2008 - 06:56

If it's Le Coq Sportif I'll only be buying the home shirt next season, that's for sure.

#8 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 08 Oct 2008 - 07:06

Admiral any one :lol:

#9 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 08 Oct 2008 - 09:27

LCS might be bad but I feel sorry for my friend who is a Wasall fan, they where having there kits made by Nike, one year later they where made by Beaver..... who?

#10 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 08 Oct 2008 - 20:57

As long as we avoid whoever it was that designed this years Stade Français Rugby team's kit (and it's an Adidas).

This (honestly), is their third shirt.....makes our hi-viz vest design look extremely appealing...

Posted Image

#11 DonKey

DonKey

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 08 Oct 2008 - 22:55

I actually really like that shirt.
Different and very definitely a one of a kind!

#12 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 09 Oct 2008 - 12:17

Thats horrific. Truly truly horrific

#13 chicagoblue

chicagoblue

Bubbles

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 10 Oct 2008 - 17:24

I actually really like that shirt.
Different and very definitely a one of a kind!

Yeah, agree. As a third shirt I think it would sell and would be great to have in the closet.

#14 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 10 Oct 2008 - 18:25

Yeah, agree. As a third shirt I think it would sell and would be great to have in the closet.

It'd be fine in the closet (or wardrobe as we say in the old country :lol: ), just so long as it stayed there and I didn't have to wear the thing :( .

#15 Johnny Bryant

Johnny Bryant

Wayne Rooney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 Oct 2008 - 21:31

It'd have to be Nike for me, i like the way theyve gone back to the classic and not to over the top with some clubs shirts they look really good.. But not if it turns out like Barca's away kit :unsure:

#16 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 13 Oct 2008 - 17:26

I would like to see Nike do our kits. I don't know where Kitbag came from, I thought they just sold kits and Le Coq Sportif dosen't really appeal. We would be branded as the team with the crap kit. And for now we want to keep that title with Wigan and Champion. Having Nike would create more money, as more kids would buy it and it would also make a nice change from Umbro & Puma who's ideas are getting a little dull.

Posted Image

Would like to see something like that for our kits. Have the home kit blue with white piping. Have the away one white with black piping. Goalkeeper black with light blue piping and the third yellow with black piping, similar to the one seen in the photograph. For me it would be great to see Nike making our kits. We need something good to happen. :)

#17 dan c

dan c

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 Oct 2008 - 22:19

much prefer patrick myself :speak_cool:

#18 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 14 Oct 2008 - 02:56

well if we really wanted to be trendy and 'cool' we could always get adidas to do us an adidas original kit, doubt we'd ever get them to do it, but would be a high selling item :)

Edited by troy, 14 Oct 2008 - 02:57.

#19 Rubecula

Rubecula

COFFIN DODGER

• Members
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 15 Oct 2008 - 15:13

LCS might be bad but I feel sorry for my friend who is a Wasall fan, they where having there kits made by Nike, one year later they where made by Beaver..... who?

Good grief! Can you imagine admitting you pulled a beaver on over your head?

"I went to the game with a beaver on my chest" doesn't sound too clever either.

#20 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 06:40

I google'd Beaver and it came up with a loada' diving equipment websites, so maybe the Walsall players thought it would improve thier game if they played whilst wearing a snorkel. IMO a well know name is a must. Le Coq Sportif isn't recognised enough.

well if we really wanted to be trendy and 'cool' we could always get adidas to do us an adidas original kit, doubt we'd ever get them to do it, but would be a high selling item :)

Adidas or Nike. That all, Umbro have had thier time with us for now - Adidas or Nike.

#21 phelpsy

phelpsy

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 09:35

i vote for whoever sells at the cheapest retail price!

#22 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 09:41

IMO a well know name is a must. Le Coq Sportif isn't recognised enough.

Generational thing probably but I don't give a flying fuck whose logo is on the shirt as long as it's good quality and it has the Everton badge on :) .

#23 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 10:42

Generational thing probably but I don't give a flying fuck whose logo is on the shirt as long as it's good quality and it has the Everton badge on :) .

I'm off the same view of you on this Mike. The problem I have with Le Coq Sportif at the moment is that there shirts are fucking horrible. City's kit this year is disgusting.

#24 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 11:05

Just had a look at the City site and I think they look alright myself....is it a one-off design or just a variation on the same shirt (like ours <_< )?

Also gobsmacked by the fact that (in my size at least) the City shirt is £15 cheaper (£30 against £44.99 for short sleeved) :o .

That's a disgrace.

#25 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,218 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 14:03

Mike, this season Everton's shirts are one of the most expensive in the league - they've gone up £10 from last season.

#26 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 14:27

Mike, this season Everton's shirts are one of the most expensive in the league....

You're not joking Mark....a quick glance around club sites puts us £5 more expensive than Chelsea, ManU and Arsenal and £10 more than Sunderland, which is the same shirt ffs :angry: !

Totally unjustifiable surely?

#27 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,218 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 14:31

You're not joking Mark....a quick glance around club sites puts us £5 more expensive than Chelsea, ManU and Arsenal and £10 more than Sunderland, which is the same shirt ffs :angry: !

Totally unjustifiable surely?

Definitely mate, I was well annoyed when I went to buy the home shirt and found out it'd gone up a tenner. I was even more annoyed when I found out other teams shirts were considerably less, and as you just showed thetop sides shirts are cheaper than ours. Disgraceful.

Apparently our matchday tickets are some of the most expensive in the league this season as well. I have no idea because I have a season ticket.

#28 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 16:16

Is this the price of shirts in the club shop we are talking about? I havn't bought one from there since the bad old days. Last time I got a shirt there I had Amokachi printed on the back , which says everything really!

When I bought this season shirt I bought it from the JJB in Sheffield Meadowhall, cost me £34.99, which I thought was about standard.

On the note of buying footy shirts, yesterday I bought the latest England shirt for only £4! I don't usually buy England shirts but for that price, fuck it.

#29 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 16:28

Needed investigating...adult medium short-sleeved home shirt...

Everton...£44.99
Liverpool...£40.00
Arsenal...£40.00
Fulham...£40.00
Newcastle...£40.00
'Boro...£40.00 (£35 for a small strangely)
Hull City...£39.99
Portsmouth...£39.99
ManU...£39.99
West Brom...£39.99
Blackburn...£39.99
Wigan...£39.99
Bolton...£39.99
Chelsea...£39.99
Spurs...£39.99
Aston Villa...£36.00
Stoke...£34.99
Sunderland...£34.99
Man City...£30.00
West Ham...Sold Out :o . Very poor stock contol.

Nice to see we're top of the league in something <_< .

#30 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 16:30

Where are those prices from? Just as a matter of interest.

#31 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 16:31

Where are those prices from? Just as a matter of interest.

Official sites, so in many cases you'll probably get them even cheaper through discounted retailers....though not ours of course due to JJB exclusivity :angry: .

#32 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 16:35

Fair enough. Well after the stadium effectivly fell through I guess we have to try and get additional funds in from somewhere. Raping the fans of there hard earned money to show support of the club seems fair.... doesn't it?.. oh..

#33 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 16:38

Official sites, so in many cases you'll probably get them even cheaper through discounted retailers....though not ours of course due to JJB exclusivity :angry: .

Well as I said before, I bought mine for £34.99 from JJB, seems a more standard and, well I'm not going to say fair because its not really, but even though JJB have exculsivity they are selling them at a fair price in comparison to other shirts. Shame the club shop doesn't do the same thing

#34 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • 13,612 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 17:56

The club shop is ran by JJB as far as I know.

#35 Rubecula

Rubecula

COFFIN DODGER

• Members
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 18:09

Call me a cheap skate, but I tend to buy the replica shirts when they are on special offer, usually just after a new design has been anounced. It means I am a little out of touch fashion wise, but I can still show my loyalty with a club shirt, and a lot of folks have older shirts too.

Last time I bought a current shirt at face value it was one for my niece, she wanted a name on the back and it was Kanchelskis. You had to pay by the letter. We sold him the week after, and she then she confided in me she secretly supported ManUre cos she fancied one of their players.

Talk about feeling peed off!!!

So now I have the self imposed rule of cheap buy and NO names. I don't feel that bad about it, and I don't feel totally ripped off.

#36 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 16 Oct 2008 - 20:12

I always play it safe and go with my own name on the back of the shirt. At the moment the only players on the back of my shirt have been Arteta and Cahill. I was going to get McFadden on my black third kit in the 05/06 season. I used to think that he was a brilliant player - still is.

I'm going to kinda' contradict myself a little and break the duck this season. I've been so impressed with Nev this season that I'm getting him on the back of my home shirt when I get it for my birthday (8th November, stick it in your diary ;)) can't wait, I wanted it last season but due to my views on player names I didn't do it. Definatly doing it now though.

#37 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 17 Oct 2008 - 17:09

JJB online are the same price as the club shop. £34.99 for the smallest kids (aginst £19.00 for City) and £44.99 for an adult size.

http://www.jjbsports...rod_159500.aspx

#38 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 17 Oct 2008 - 18:40

Is this the price of shirts in the club shop we are talking about? I havn't bought one from there since the bad old days. Last time I got a shirt there I had Amokachi printed on the back , which says everything really!

When I bought this season shirt I bought it from the JJB in Sheffield Meadowhall, cost me £34.99, which I thought was about standard.

On the note of buying footy shirts, yesterday I bought the latest England shirt for only £4! I don't usually buy England shirts but for that price, fuck it.

hahaha same here, i got mine with terry on the back, i think the mans a twit but for £4 bargin!

#39 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,035 posts

Posted 17 Oct 2008 - 18:41

im guessing west ham have stopped selling their kits due to the whole stock being covered in XL, and as the players dont wear that anymore tis prob not considered a replica shirt anymore.

the branding thing has to come down to merchandising, if we were selling nike track suits and jackets, even trainers nowdays, umbro and le coq cant compete. personally not bothered about all as i only tend to get the home shirt, but if we want to make more money i think a deal along the lines of kitbag/nike would really help.

#40 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 17 Oct 2008 - 19:02

im guessing west ham have stopped selling their kits due to the whole stock being covered in XL

Good point, not thought of that. Bad luck...that and being owned by an Icelanic banker :unsure: .

Difficult times possibly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users