IGNORED

Fellaini

Niall

Some good signs tonight but plenty of extremely frustrating parts. The guy is lumbering but did get into effective space at times and tried to push through as he fought for the ball. However, when we don't have the ball, he is a liability, slow to get back, rarely puts a foot in, looks like he's running underwater and may as well not be on the pitch when we are defending.

Edited by Niall

For me Fellaini will come good. I keep saying to people the same thing. He needs to to settle in. He's come from Belgium, into England. The English game is way more physical and fast. He will be wanting to put less challenges in and expect to be injured once a season, where thats not how things are run in England. For me he needs time to settle to the quick English game, the physical side of it and I'm sure that the millions will be well paid. He's scored one fantastic goal, there's surely more where that came from. He will be good for us, we need to be patient.

He had a great first half but faded in the second half. Does he have fitness problems I wonder?

He played all of the internationals so could be tired. Also the EPL is a lot more full on than the rest of europe so he may just need to get use to the pace and learn how to ditribure his energy evently through the game.

Back to his performance though, very similar to last week, good in the first half quite in the second. Though that personafies the whole of the everton performance in the last two games

Very average player and showed it again against Arsenal.

I have fingers crossed he will surprise us with a super 90 minutes but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

We must have been watching different games. Sure he didn't finish the game but what he showed in the first 45 was very promising. Won a truck load of contested headers and not only won them but put the ball in good positions. He even disposessed a few of their midfielders by foot on ocassion and they aren't just your run of the mill midfielders either they are world class. Didn't waste the ball when he had it and all this at the age of 20. I think people see players like Fabregas dominate at age 20 and expect anyone of any quality to be able to do the same, but look at Mo's body composition, it's a known fact that taller more gangly athletes take longer to grasp the co-ordination and skill needed to play any professional sport and the fact he is as good as he is at this age shows how good he will become. Your entitled to your opinion but I hope we can come back to this thread in a couple years so everyone can see how wrong you were.

We must have been watching different games. Sure he didn't finish the game but what he showed in the first 45 was very promising. Won a truck load of contested headers and not only won them but put the ball in good positions. He even disposessed a few of their midfielders by foot on ocassion and they aren't just your run of the mill midfielders either they are world class. Didn't waste the ball when he had it and all this at the age of 20. I think people see players like Fabregas dominate at age 20 and expect anyone of any quality to be able to do the same, but look at Mo's body composition, it's a known fact that taller more gangly athletes take longer to grasp the co-ordination and skill needed to play any professional sport and the fact he is as good as he is at this age shows how good he will become. Your entitled to your opinion but I hope we can come back to this thread in a couple years so everyone can see how wrong you were.

A couple of years. :o :o at £15 million pounds i hope its a couple of weeks, rather than years.

I would agree with this post. On th face he hasn't looked like the player we hoped. But realistically, he cam in days before the season started, is still learning the language let alone the players and the team and has been involved in some of the hardest games anyone could wish for. The level of competition he has faced must have been daunting and it will be the same against Man Utd, but I took hope from his first half performance. You can see he is starting to understand our movement, where people wil ikely to be and wasn't fazed by Arsenals quality. He did seem to tajke a knock toward the end of the first half and you could say it was coincidence that Arsenal began to dominate in midfield which gave them the upper hand. Until then, Arsenal were rattled, shoddy and didn't look like they knew how to get through us. Felliani gave them a bit of the unkown I think. He has shown flashes of what he is capable of and I believe he will grow in to one of most important players.

Nope watching the same game as I was sat in a box and watched the whole thing. I admit I looking at him with very critical glasses on as he cost so much and he is living up to my expectation. You made me laugh with your "gangly athletes take longer.........." rubbish, if you are an athlete you are an athlete. You are not a gangly athlete so poor/below par performances are acceptable.

I live in hope he will come good but as Licker has said, I am talking weeks not years for him to come good. Even Moyes himself has admitted players that he expected to come good have not, that smells like Fellaini IMO.

Nope watching the same game as I was sat in a box and watched the whole thing. I admit I looking at him with very critical glasses on as he cost so much and he is living up to my expectation. You made me laugh with your "gangly athletes take longer.........." rubbish, if you are an athlete you are an athlete. You are not a gangly athlete so poor/below par performances are acceptable.

I live in hope he will come good but as Licker has said, I am talking weeks not years for him to come good. Even Moyes himself has admitted players that he expected to come good have not, that smells like Fellaini IMO.

That's probably more aimed at the likes of Lescott and Howard but I'm sure Moyes is a little concerned by Fellaini. I only listened to the commentary on the Arsenal game but he did sound like he had a good first half, as did Rodwell (future star I reckon), but a bad second half. He took a knock which probably played a part in a bad second half and the whole team were shocking second half so it's a bit unfair to single him out. He is going to need to step up for us soon though because, even though it shouldn't be the case, we NEED him to.

Rodwell, as I have said before, is going to be our gem this season. He is so composed for a player of his age you can just tell is on his way to becoming a massive player, I just hope he continues to stay loyal to Everton and not get tempted away. IMO a better player than Fellaini even at such a young age.

why do so many people on here chat shit, he obviously isnt now but he could be.

Edited by Blue4Ever

I don't think rodwell is as good as Mo at the moment and doubt he ever will be. I stand by what i said about tall, gangle athletes mate they just take a bit longer to completely fill out and learn how to use their bodies properly. Maybe I am just trying to be optimistic about Mo because i would hate to see so much of our money be spent on a player that couldn't perform but i think he is showing positive signs and will be a real player for us in the next year.

A couple of years. :o :o at £15 million pounds i hope its a couple of weeks, rather than years.

remember though bill. it took drogba a year to find his feet. at 24 million i was laughing my head off at the fact chelsea spunked loads on him and he was awful. but he settled in and he took the prem by storm.

Ronaldo took 2 years to find his amazing form and he cost quite a bit.

i know things are bad right now but he is slowly but surely improving with every game.

Let's not forget Schevchenko cost Chelsea £30m and he started shit, continued to be shit and still is shit.

Oh and Ronaldo is not a good comparison as even when he started he was impressive straight away, the form he was in last season was best in the world by far - hardly where Mo is heading for.

Still want Mo to turn out to be great Everton player despite negativity towards him at present.

I genuinely believe that he will adapt and this time time next year we will singing the praises of the Mo Fellaini. I'm not looking forward to Man Utd but sometimes in the face of adversity you can get the result you need. I think a few wins are imminent.

I hope so - on all of the above.

Fellaini is already scoring for us, he's just not keeping up off teh ball. In my mind we still need a solid center mid to anchor the team, fellaini is an attacking mid, and we need someone who can stay in the center of the park and provide some stability and movment.

God how we need moutinho........

Well he most deffo isnt that..............