IGNORED

Fellaini

Niall

I'm sorry but Fellaini is getting stuck in more than most of the midfield.

And im sorry but saying, "yes i would drop them if we had other players" is ridiculous. We don't have other players, so we can't start saying, drop him, drop him.... when we don't have any options. Fellaini is improving with every game, anyone going to the games can see it, i'm not going to say "give him time..." or any of that shit because I think he is good enough now, he is getting more engrained into the squad. The problem many fans have with him is having the wrong expectations of him. Labelling him either as a defensive mid or an attacking mid. He's neither. He's just an all round central player.

IMO dropping him now would be a bug mistake. He is improving and is showing some grit that other players arn't at the moment. If he wasn't improving then i'd rest him, but he is improving so we have to play him

Even if we're not saying drop everyone, we need competetion for places to get people motivated. If felliani thinks he'll be starting every match it will make him complacent, if he thinks he may not get a place he'll play that much better to cement his place.

The Yak needs dropping for sure, he's been lazy as of late, and i think vaughan or anichebe need a start, at least a chance to do what we know they can.

I think hes playing more of a center mid role for us but he plays for Belgium in a defensive role and played there for Standard...

I wouldnt compare him to Cahill.......

And im sure it will show at the end of the season

He wasn't been compared to Cahill. It was a comment from Moyes saying that he was closer to Cahill as a type of player than he is to Casley.

It wasn't a comparison. Just a comment.

He is 'slowly' improving but still got a long way to go.

Moyes sums it up well,

"He is playing OK" ....

"He was shattered afterwards, the speed of the game in midfield, box to box, is something he may not have experienced. You will always make mistakes at 20, but I will be interested to see what he will be like at 23, 24."

Now to me, 3 or 4 years is a long time in football. Let's hope he improves quicker than this.

He is 'slowly' improving but still got a long way to go.

Moyes sums it up well,

"He is playing OK" ....

"He was shattered afterwards, the speed of the game in midfield, box to box, is something he may not have experienced. You will always make mistakes at 20, but I will be interested to see what he will be like at 23, 24."

Now to me, 3 or 4 years is a long time in football. Let's hope he improves quicker than this.

For me he is impressing now. People need to look past the price, its fairly irrelevant now to be honest. I think what moyes was getting at in his above quote was that if he is playing well now, imagine how well he could be playing in a few more years when he has started to hit his peak.

I can't see how people can still be criticiaing him.Second game in a row where he has been a very strong contender, if not the actuall, man of the match. People need to forget there grievences with him and with his fee and look at the prospect we have in our team.

We must have been watching different games. Sure he didn't finish the game but what he showed in the first 45 was very promising. Won a truck load of contested headers and not only won them but put the ball in good positions. He even disposessed a few of their midfielders by foot on ocassion and they aren't just your run of the mill midfielders either they are world class. Didn't waste the ball when he had it and all this at the age of 20. I think people see players like Fabregas dominate at age 20 and expect anyone of any quality to be able to do the same, but look at Mo's body composition, it's a known fact that taller more gangly athletes take longer to grasp the co-ordination and skill needed to play any professional sport and the fact he is as good as he is at this age shows how good he will become. Your entitled to your opinion but I hope we can come back to this thread in a couple years so everyone can see how wrong you were.

Won a truck load of contested headers and not only won them but put the ball in good positions ( is a big quality)

hope we can come back to this thread in a couple years so everyone can see how wrong you were. ( couple of mounths)

fellaini has been great so far, can't wait to see him get better and better

my only concern... i still feel as though tim cahill is one of, if not, the most vital players to everton. i just hope that in fellaini coming it doesnt push cahill out of the starting XI on a regular basis, i hope moyes is able to have both of them in the starting team

Bit of information on Mo:

Fellaini was born to Moroccan parents who hail from Tangier and as a child attended numerous football academies. His father felt he had the potential to become a professional football player and took him to have a trial with RSC Anderlecht's academy when he was 7 years old despite the fact that Marouane had never played for a team before, he did however play with friends near the Atomium exhibition. In his first season at Anderlecht Academy he scored 26 goals and in his second he scored 37, both seasons he had played as a defensive midfielder.

He came from a footballing background as his father, Abdellatif Fellaini played as a Goalkeeper for Moroccan giants Raja Casablanca in 1970 and Hassania Agadir a year later before leaving Morocco to pursue a football career in Belgium with Racing Mechelen but he was not able to play due to the Moroccan club refusing to release his paperwork. Instead of returning home, he opted to become a bus driver for STIB (Society of Transport in Brussels) and he stayed in that line of work for 32 years and he lived in an area near to Heysel Stadium in Brussels. Marouane Fellaini is bi-lingual and is able to speak both Arabic and French and is a Muslim.

Despite his prominent Moroccan upbringing, Fellaini opted to play for the Belgium national football team as that is where he grew up, he put it down fate and he has stressed that he does not have a preference to either club or international football: "I do not deny my roots and I do not favour my club to the detriment of the national team. Both are equally important to me."

His father has publicly commented on Fellaini's fondness of Morocco: "Our children love to go to Morocco and they do not forget that their blood is Moroccan." but this did little to appease Moroccan immigrants in Belgium who refer to him as "le Diable" which translates as "the devil", partly because they feel he has turned his back on their national team and partly because the Belgium national football team's nickname is 'The Red Devils'.

I've heard that too, £4m rising to £15m based on club appearances and international appearances.

It'd make sense too because Villa were linked with him for £5m three days before we bought him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20716062/

If the club had came out and said he'd cost £4m I don't think he'd have been labelled a flop so soon. A lot of unnecessary pressure was put on him because the club announced he was the new transfer record.

I've heard that too, £4m rising to £15m based on club appearances and international appearances.

It'd make sense too because Villa were linked with him for £5m three days before we bought him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20716062/

If the club had came out and said he'd cost £4m I don't think he'd have been labelled a flop so soon. A lot of unnecessary pressure was put on him because the club announced he was the new transfer record.

That makes much more sense when you consider Defour is being touted at just £8million!

For me he is impressing now. People need to look past the price, its fairly irrelevant now to be honest. I think what moyes was getting at in his above quote was that if he is playing well now, imagine how well he could be playing in a few more years when he has started to hit his peak.

I can't see how people can still be criticiaing him.Second game in a row where he has been a very strong contender, if not the actuall, man of the match. People need to forget there grievences with him and with his fee and look at the prospect we have in our team.

Great post mate. I've said from the start that he will come good and he has. You can tell that he has much more to give - he's looking like the Moutinhio-styled player we wanted. At the mo-ment ( :P ) he's doing just fine.

• 1 month later...

He wont go to Chelsea for a couple of years yet. He's settled well into Everton and seems to be enjoying playing at Goodison. Once results get better and get more fixed then he will want to stay even more. I think he will be similar to Cahill, spend a good couple of season with us before moving on to a bigger club. I think we will get back what we paid for Marouane too, plus extras.

He looked very good again today, he's definitely getting better with each game.

Agreed. Too me he seems to be a good replacement for Cahill. Similar aspects to his game (good reading of the ball in the box for headers) but he has a more rounded game to him. Cahill might have aspects of his game that are better, but overall Big Mo seems to have more that he can bring to the team.