IGNORED

Do We Like Moyes, Yes Or No

efcgenius

Hi

I have a bit of a struggle guys as my Dad supports the shite, yer i know dont ask how that happened

A comment he made about Moyes got me onto posting this question, he said all efc fans hate Moyes, is it a case of "typical redshite chatting shit" or is there any truth in it

I personaly doubt it but its starts my first thread, :D

efcgenius

You tell your dad "Hate" is a very bad word!

He's obviously getting a bit mixed up!.....at the end of last season 2/3 of luckypool fans didn't think too highly of their own manager....results/luck have easde their pain a bit this season.

Their feelings towards their owners!.....MMMMmmmmm, That nasty word HATE!!......Seems to spring to mind again!

Welcome to the forum.

...hopefully if Manshitty and Assnal win gives us a chance to go 5th...

Go along with Arsenal beating Villa but I'd rather stay sixth and have Hull beat City.

Hull are doing brilliantly but will run out of steam at some point and City are far more likely to be challenging for a Euro place (hopefully where we'll be :) ).

Love him. If i'd have known about Mike's willingness to supply Moyes his daughter I would have though twice about taking her virginity. Moyes deserves it more than me. ;)

In any case, Moyes may not be the best tactician, but his ability to take a razor thin side and shape us into a formidable force in the prem takes more than just ability, it takes faith. Moyes believes in Everton, and I believe in Moyes.

David Moyes:

(+) Turned us from relegation strugglers into a top team

(+) Managed to break into the Top 4

(+) Did excellent in Europe last year

(+) Arteta, Cahill, Lescott signed for minimal fee from small clubs

(+) Staff he employs seem to be doing well

(+) Made Goodison Park a fortress

(-) No summer transfers in 2008-2009 season

(-) Poor start to 2008-2009 season

(-) Poor decisions tactic-wise

(-) Slight relegation scare early on

(-) Terrible wrinkles

So, no I don't hate the man, I don't hate many people. Steven Gerrard, Gerard Way, those are people I hate. I don't mind Moyes. I woulden't even go to the point where I dislike the man. I mean, after all look at the positive's that I mentioned and I made that post in a few minutes missing out many that are maybe more important. He's turned us round into a great club. Made Goodison into a fortress and is a really nice guy. I like him. A poor start to 2008-2009 looks to be over. Let's hope it continues.

David Moyes:

(+) Turned us from relegation strugglers into a top team

(+) Managed to break into the Top 4

(+) Did excellent in Europe last year

(+) Arteta, Cahill, Lescott signed for minimal fee from small clubs

(+) Staff he employs seem to be doing well

(+) Made Goodison Park a fortress

(-) No summer transfers in 2008-2009 season

(-) Poor start to 2008-2009 season

(-) Poor decisions tactic-wise

(-) Slight relegation scare early on

(-) Terrible wrinkles

So, no I don't hate the man, I don't hate many people. Steven Gerrard, Gerard Way, those are people I hate. I don't mind Moyes. I woulden't even go to the point where I dislike the man. I mean, after all look at the positive's that I mentioned and I made that post in a few minutes missing out many that are maybe more important. He's turned us round into a great club. Made Goodison into a fortress and is a really nice guy. I like him. A poor start to 2008-2009 looks to be over. Let's hope it continues.

Except for breaking the club record transfer fee for Fellaini, but i think i can see what you mean. ;)

As much as he looks like Moe from the Simpsons i couldnt ask for a better manager, there isnt anyone who would take the job who could actually do a better job at this moment in time. Certainly such managers as Mourinho etc. would maybe do better but its very highly unlikely someone of that stature would consider us. Im happy with moyes to be here for next 5 years.

If we look at all the managers in the Premiership at the moment we will see just how good Moyes is to us.

-Arsene Wenger

-Martin O'Neill

-Paul Ince

-Gary Megson

-Louis Philip Scolari

-Roy Hodgeson

-Phil Brown

-Rafeal Benitez

-Mark Hughes

-Sir Alex Ferguson

-Gareth Southgate

-Joe Kinnear

-Tony Adams

-Tony Pulis

-Roy Keane

-Harry Redknapp

-Tony Mowbray

-Gianfranco Zola

-Steve Bruce

OK, so there is all the managers in the Premiership (except Moyes) out of that list there is not one manager outside the top 4 that I would like to replace David. Ferguson, Wenger, Scolari and dare I say it Benitez could do a better job here, but is that just down to money? Moyes has taken us from rock botton to confident UEFA challengers and that's something special. If we look at the managers outside the money-men I can see only 2 that I would even consider to be in charge of us. Southgate and Keane are doing well at thier clubs, but I would never put them over Moyes. If anything comes of this little experiment it shows that on paper Moyes is the 5th best manager in the league - so why should we hate him?

Ferguson, Wenger, Scolari and dare I say it Benitez could do a better job here.....Southgate and Keane

Just what kind of medication are you on :huh: ?

The first statement is hugely open to question and I can maybe at a stretch see where you're coming from with Keane (though I disagree completely), but Southgate ffs :o:o . I'm stunned and speechless.

O'Neill's head and shoulders above the rest imo.

I wasn't saying that they should be managed I was just saying who was mediocre and could even come near Moyes in the Premiership. I should have included O'Neill yes, but Southgate and Keane have done well at thier clubs. I mean Sunderland were like us, worse, but similar and since Keane has come along they've done excellent. I'm just saying that Keane, O'Neill and Southgate have done well for themselves as managers, that's all.

keanes walked in and went "oh i know i'll just sign as many players as i can and see what happens" he is doing shite this season. O'neil is the best by far, buys young english talent and it works brilliantly for them. Moyes is around level parring with o'neill imo but is by far ahead of everyone else (except top 4 managers)