IGNORED

Do We Like Moyes, Yes Or No

efcgenius

i think o'neill is up there, i think keane will be around for a long time, hes still learning. phil brown is another manager i like, i hope he goes a long way in his career. i think it'll be interesting to see how tony adams does, was such a good player hope he can pull it off. i think harry redknapp is a brilliant manager, what he did at pompy was amazing, and look at the turn around at spurs the way he gives players belief. and SAF is just the best there has been imo

Moysie is top drawer. People have short memories. Before he came we were relegation candidates every year. Now we are the club everybody forgets about when they are talking about who can break into the top four, but ultimately we are there or there abouts every year but one. I agree this years summer transfer business was a fuck up but i dont think that was Moyes fault. Moyes knows to get players in early like he did when we got Lescott, Johnson etc and how much it benefits everybody and he wouldnt have wanted to leave it to the last day. Tactically i think he is very astute and most of the time his substitutions pay off the only minor gripe i would have is he needs to drop Arteta once in a while................

Edited by Finn balor

Your only as good as your last ten games in Football. :)

Can be deceptive though Bill...

How about a run of eleven league games made up of two wins, three draws and six losses...

....conceding sixteen goals and scoring only four along the way.

That would make a pretty poor top flight manager yes?

Relegation form for sure.

Sack him? A lot of people wanted to :) .

Everton's last eleven league games of 1983 :P .

I dont hate him but I've come to the same conclusion as some other Evertonians that he's probably taken us as far as he can.

I do think he NEEDS a better number 2 than Steve Round though. Someone with a bit of tactical nouse would be nice.

And preferably someone whose experience is in midfield or attacking.

Moyes was a defender and so was Round. PLEASE get someone in who can tell us what to do when going forward and stop this lumping the ball forward.

i think o'neill is up there, i think keane will be around for a long time, hes still learning. phil brown is another manager i like, i hope he goes a long way in his career. i think it'll be interesting to see how tony adams does, was such a good player hope he can pull it off. i think harry redknapp is a brilliant manager, what he did at pompy was amazing, and look at the turn around at spurs the way he gives players belief. and SAF is just the best there has been imo

Good call, I like Phil Brown too. He is doing a great job with Hull and sounds like a top bloke too (and not a wrinkle in sight at the moment!) :-)

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

I'd be unsure what to expect of Hull. They're doing a great job now but could easily become the new Wigan Athletic.

Make a fantastic start to thier season and keep it up, coming to the final in the league cup and doing a superb job, finishing in the top half of the table and then have 3-4 unsuccessful seasons fighting relegation and getting little support. I will be hoping that this dosen't happen to Hull but it could easily happen. Wish them all the best, undecided on how good Brown is at the moment.

I dont hate him but I've come to the same conclusion as some other Evertonians that he's probably taken us as far as he can.

I do think he NEEDS a better number 2 than Steve Round though. Someone with a bit of tactical nouse would be nice.

And preferably someone whose experience is in midfield or attacking.

Moyes was a defender and so was Round. PLEASE get someone in who can tell us what to do when going forward and stop this lumping the ball forward.

i disagree with the "as far as he can take us" bit more money moyes would break the top 4. Its going to happen again soon, just if it will stay broken, arsenal are now the weak link into the top 4 where as it has been liverpool for a few seasons, they have improved alot. Arsenal as some of their results have show are beatable even with a fully fit squad. With the right money, the right signings moyes can do it, done it with little money and i think he can do it with abit of money. just if we actually get the moolar.

As for steve round, i can see what your saying but im more than happy giving the man a chance, it does seem that since he came to the club we havent been the same everton like last season where we had irvine then a few coachs helping out. But having said that since ive got my everton tattoo we havent been the same. could be round, tattoo could be cursed, either way give us a chance to improve and we will be back to where we belong.

When I was a litte kid, and never had a season ticket I would get a hot dog after a game if we won. The weird thing was, I went to about 30 games in 4 years seeing as our next door neighbour did have a ticket, but seeing as he lived away I would go. And for four years I never saw Everton lose. Whenever I went with my mum and dad we would win. Always. And whenever I went with the fella' next door I would see them either win or draw. I saw my first ever defeat in 2005, aged 12. When Matt Holland scored past Richard Wright in the 44th minute. This was the only goal of the game and was a game which I was especially gutted about seeing as my record was broken.

I didn't get a hot dog after that because we got a season ticket around the other side in the Main Stand. I would instead get a Burger from the green van that's parked in front of the huge Everton sign. I used to have one of them before the match, every match and have a sausage roll inside.

Nowadays, since we've moved the the white seats in the Upper Bullins I just have some chips outside the ground at the Goodison Supper Bar, terrible queue's last week against Middlesbrough..

David Moyes has spoken to the media after the defeat at Wigan, and has again backed his strikers Yakubu and Saha to get goals, despite not getting any service...

“There were a couple of opportunities tonight, Yak had a chance early on and there was some good play from them in the early part of the game I thought,” Moyes told the waiting reporters at full time. The longer it went on it dwindled away a little bit, but I think there’s goals there and I think they’re both very good players. It was quite tight but I knew it would be a tough game. Wigan’s not an easy place to come and they’re a strong side, so you have to give them some credit. Hopefully we can pick up. We’ve played well recently prior to coming here and had been on a decent run, so hopefully we can pick up again.”

David Moyes has spoken to the media after the defeat at Wigan, and has again backed his strikers Yakubu and Saha to get goals, despite not getting any service...

“There were a couple of opportunities tonight, Yak had a chance early on and there was some good play from them in the early part of the game I thought,” Moyes told the waiting reporters at full time. The longer it went on it dwindled away a little bit, but I think there’s goals there and I think they’re both very good players. It was quite tight but I knew it would be a tough game. Wigan’s not an easy place to come and they’re a strong side, so you have to give them some credit. Hopefully we can pick up. We’ve played well recently prior to coming here and had been on a decent run, so hopefully we can pick up again.”

:o:huh::mellow: I must have gone to put the kettle on and missed that bit. :angry: DM .. idiot.