47 replies to this topic

#41 Zed

Zed

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 31 Mar 2006 - 08:52

my 1st game was a derby :D my grandad used to work at Goodison and had keys for all over the ground and he worked on a gate in the main stand and used to let me,my dad,my uncle and cousin in for free stood at the back terrified

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Freeloaders

#42 Tara Mac

Tara Mac

tara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 31 Mar 2006 - 09:05

Mac keeps theatening to take me there, but it has to be the right game he says. I would quite like to go but after the noise he makes watching it on the TV the racket made by 38,000 must be deafening.

T

#43 Tricky Trev

Tricky Trev

Alan Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 31 Mar 2006 - 12:25

My first game was when my stepdad threw and Everton scarf and told me i was going. 1986 versus Southampton we won 6-1 Lineker scored a trick.That was me then i thought every game was gonna be like that. No other club could ever come close to the thrills and spills that we've been through 20 years from then :D

#44 betty

betty

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 Mar 2006 - 15:25

[quote][quote name='Tara Mac' date='Mar 31 2006, 09:05 AM']Mac keeps theatening to take me there, but it has to be the right game he says. I would quite like to go but after the noise he makes watching it on the TV the racket made by 38,000 must be deafening.[/quote]

This is worring me a little... :blink:
I'm going to my first game in a few weeks and I jump enough when my bf shouts at the telly during a match. (maybe ear plugs would be good for my first time :lol: )

Edited by betty, 31 Mar 2006 - 15:26.

#45 Zed

Zed

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 31 Mar 2006 - 15:44

I took my wife to her first Everton match some years ago and we were sat in the park end right by the away supporters. 10 mins after sitting down my wife asked (genuinly) when does the game start. About 5 mins ago I replied

All the part end were stood up singing "you manc bastards" and the Mancs were singing back.

That said, it does depend where you sit and who by. You could be sat in front of a mentalist (of which there are many) that shout and cream at averything.

But, if it is a good atmosphere you will enjoy it. A good games is 100 times better than watching it on TV (or am I just biased) and you will see a lot more of what is missed by even full 90 mins live games

#46 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,429 posts

Posted 31 Mar 2006 - 15:47

cream at everything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good grief Zed...I've never seen that at a footie match :o .

Edited by mikeo, 31 Mar 2006 - 15:48.

#47 Zed

Zed

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 31 Mar 2006 - 15:50

Good grief Zed...I've never seen that at a footie match :o .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well it was a good match :lol:

SPELLING = SCREAM

Soz

#48 Mac

Mac

Hang the Kopites one by one on the banks of the royal blue Mers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 31 Mar 2006 - 15:56

I took my wife to her first Everton match some years ago and we were sat in the park end right by the away supporters. 10 mins after  sitting down my wife asked (genuinly) when does the game start. About 5 mins ago I replied

All the part end were stood up singing "you manc bastards" and the Mancs were singing back.

That said, it does depend where you sit and who by. You could be sat in front of a mentalist (of which there are many) that shout and cream at averything.

But, if it is a good atmosphere you will enjoy it. A good games is 100 times better than watching it on TV (or am I just biased) and you will see a lot more of what is missed by even full 90 mins live games

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been trying to point out to Tara to watch what goes on off the ball and she is now picking up players in offside positions, I've said at the game you can see a different side of the game and you can hear the players shout to each other, in short you feel a part of what is going on.

Betty, enjoy it, you will never get feelings again like you do at your first game.

ATB

Mac

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users