IGNORED

Your First Time To Goodison

My first game was v Tottenham in 95' 1-1 Graham Stuart scored for us and Chris Armstrong scored for them. Off to Goodison on sat, first time since Pompey earlier in the season hope we play better this time cos that game was awful.

Btw Gladwys I also went to that Barnsley game I remember Cadamarteri scored(who?) and Speed scored a couple can't remember who scored the other tho, spoke to some Barnsley fans on the way out of the stadium and they thought that they might have won had we not had Speed in our team yeah whatever....

Patch tuesday said................and I may be remembering this wrong, but a bit of a trivia question from then:

who scored the last goal of last century, and the first of this one for Everton???

Could it have been Don Hutchison,who scored 2 in a 5-0 win against Sunderland on boxing day, and then scored against Leicester in a 2-2 draw on jan 3rd....????

Licker.

hmm, maybe I did remember it wrong?

I'll have to look it up.

Not Don Hutchison though (if I'm right).

the first of the results was the game I went to:

"Boxing day 1999, lost 2-1 to Coventry"

...and, if I hadn't already given that bit away, it's a two part question really,

asking who we played in both games and the result, as both games were the same

with the second being at their place.

Surely I couldn't have invented such a horrendous tale??? :blink:

sorry chaps, should have looked it up first.

was actually 2000/01 season, the two results weren't the same, though it was the same player for us either side of the millenium changing. And there were a couple of games in between.

(Calendar geeks reckon the 00/01 change is the real milleniun change. Must have believed them to make this work.)

Original q still stands though.

Who scored the goals for us either side of the Millenium?

EDIT: and for 99/00, Hutchison is correct, so depends on your Millenium opinion.........

found HERE

Edited by Patch Tuesday

My first game was when my stepdad threw and Everton scarf and told me i was going. 1986 versus Southampton we won 6-1 Lineker scored a trick.That was me then i thought every game was gonna be like that. No other club could ever come close to the thrills and spills that we've been through 20 years from then :D

Mac keeps theatening to take me there, but it has to be the right game he says. I would quite like to go but after the noise he makes watching it on the TV the racket made by 38,000 must be deafening.

This is worring me a little... :blink:

I'm going to my first game in a few weeks and I jump enough when my bf shouts at the telly during a match. (maybe ear plugs would be good for my first time :lol: )

Edited by betty

I took my wife to her first Everton match some years ago and we were sat in the park end right by the away supporters. 10 mins after sitting down my wife asked (genuinly) when does the game start. About 5 mins ago I replied

All the part end were stood up singing "you manc bastards" and the Mancs were singing back.

That said, it does depend where you sit and who by. You could be sat in front of a mentalist (of which there are many) that shout and cream at averything.

But, if it is a good atmosphere you will enjoy it. A good games is 100 times better than watching it on TV (or am I just biased) and you will see a lot more of what is missed by even full 90 mins live games

I took my wife to her first Everton match some years ago and we were sat in the park end right by the away supporters. 10 mins after  sitting down my wife asked (genuinly) when does the game start. About 5 mins ago I replied

All the part end were stood up singing "you manc bastards" and the Mancs were singing back.

That said, it does depend where you sit and who by. You could be sat in front of a mentalist (of which there are many) that shout and cream at averything.

But, if it is a good atmosphere you will enjoy it. A good games is 100 times better than watching it on TV (or am I just biased) and you will see a lot more of what is missed by even full 90 mins live games

I have been trying to point out to Tara to watch what goes on off the ball and she is now picking up players in offside positions, I've said at the game you can see a different side of the game and you can hear the players shout to each other, in short you feel a part of what is going on.

Betty, enjoy it, you will never get feelings again like you do at your first game.

ATB

Mac